• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Lost March

momand

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:
4x Hoppip (40 HP)
4x Skiploom
4x Jumpluff
4x Trumbeak
3x Natu
1x Oranguru SUM

Trainers:
4x Cynthia
4x Lillie
4x Professor Elm's Lecture
3x Guzma

4x Ultra Ball
4x Great Ball
3x Choice Band
2x Rescue Stretcher
1x Nest Ball

3x Shrine of Punishment

Energy:
5x Grass Energy
3x DCE

Give feedback pls

Last edited:
This should be Alternate Format, I think, for another month or two. :)

Also I think that's only 59, if my math is right?

As far as deck construction: I think that's a good start, but I'm thinking you need a few more balls (make it 4 great balls, and maybe another nest ball too). Without Lele I think it's hard to play for the turn 1 Professor Elm. It might actually be worth *playing* a Lele just for that purpose (and not worry about the 2 prize cards, or maybe an Acerola to pick it back up later). Elm is so powerful with this deck that it might be worth it.

I'm curious which Hopip ends up being the popular one. I find the 30hp one better overall for consistency on turn 1, but obviously you'll get donked from time to time. I suspect you will anyway even with the 40hp - baby buzz with diancie or kukui even will do it; it's harder than the 30 obviously, but, is it worth it for the loss of consistency? I think that'll take a lot of testing to find out.

Last edited:
Pop in a Apricorn Maker so you can search out your balls, helps to thin out the deck too...

I don't know if you need 4x Professor Elm... go 2 at most? Then you can add in 2x Tapu Lele GX to search for supporters turn 1...

I find most standard decks all need the same setup for consistent setup... The new meta will be Ultra ball ---> Tapu lele ----> Elm----> bench your setup and Oranguru or if your lucky you get elm turn 1 or all your basics and oranguru...play them... intsruct for 3... etc etc...

My advise would be try NOT to build a glass cannon... sure they can dominate... but you dont wanna brick.... build up the deck so it is consistent and reliable... and can course correct if needed...

Elm won't grab Oranguru, though, it's only 60hp or less. And it has such great synergies here since Skiploom has only 60hp; if you start with a Hopip, you can Elm to anohter Hopip and two Skiplooms, and have two Jumpluffs already out turn 2. So I think I'd keep 4 Elms and not the Apricorn.

As far as deck construction: I think that's a good start, but I'm thinking you need a few more balls (make it 4 great balls, and maybe another nest ball too). Without Lele I think it's hard to play for the turn 1 Professor Elm. It might actually be worth *playing* a Lele just for that purpose (and not worry about the 2 prize cards, or maybe an Acerola to pick it back up later). Elm is so powerful with this deck that it might be worth it.

I'm curious which Hopip ends up being the popular one. I find the 30hp one better overall for consistency on turn 1, but obviously you'll get donked from time to time. I suspect you will anyway even with the 40hp - baby buzz with diancie or kukui even will do it; it's harder than the 30 obviously, but, is it worth it for the loss of consistency? I think that'll take a lot of testing to find out.
40 hp hoppip can survive a diancie boosted sleghammer/jet punch because of resistance. So 40 hp is best as it requires more boosting

40 hp hoppip can survive a diancie boosted sleghammer/jet punch because of resistance. So 40 hp is best as it requires more boosting

Ah, didn't realize it was resistant to fighting. That makes sense, then. Thanks!

Pop in a Apricorn Maker so you can search out your balls, helps to thin out the deck too...

I don't know if you need 4x Professor Elm... go 2 at most? Then you can add in 2x Tapu Lele GX to search for supporters turn 1...

I find most standard decks all need the same setup for consistent setup... The new meta will be Ultra ball ---> Tapu lele ----> Elm----> bench your setup and Oranguru or if your lucky you get elm turn 1 or all your basics and oranguru...play them... intsruct for 3... etc etc...

My advise would be try NOT to build a glass cannon... sure they can dominate... but you dont wanna brick.... build up the deck so it is consistent and reliable... and can course correct if needed...

I see how 1 Lele would be good, I just want to trade prizes more effectively and efficiently.
4 Elm is busted. Once you don't need it you can just discard it with Ultra Ball
Apricorn Maker is just a worse Elm
Considering how this is actually 59 cards, I'll add 4th Great Ball

4 elm you'll get it in your starting hand (8 cards) about 45% of the time. Add Lele and you have one 75% of the time or more, between lele, ultra ball, and elm (9 cards), plus 4 more outs with great ball to get lele; about 1/2 the time you don't get any of the others you get a great ball, which adds another percent or two to the total chance (and if that fails to get lele it's probably getting something else interesting!). So you're talking a 30% higher chance to get an elm and get your setup, and if you don't get a lele then or don't need it you can just ultraball it and not worry about the GX on the table...

I do see one large problem with the deck. With no lost mixer, there is barely any way of getting pokemon into the discard efficiently. Sure, Skiploom does it, but what if you prize some? Lost Mixer helps to improve the damage with, albeit nominal, draw power. I would drop the Great Balls, you have enough search between Ultra Ball and Elms, and Jumpluffs ability to search.

4 elm you'll get it in your starting hand (8 cards) about 45% of the time. Add Lele and you have one 75% of the time or more, between lele, ultra ball, and elm (9 cards), plus 4 more outs with great ball to get lele; about 1/2 the time you don't get any of the others you get a great ball, which adds another percent or two to the total chance (and if that fails to get lele it's probably getting something else interesting!). So you're talking a 30% higher chance to get an elm and get your setup, and if you don't get a lele then or don't need it you can just ultraball it and not worry about the GX on the table...
-1 Great Ball+1 Lele
I do see one large problem with the deck. With no lost mixer, there is barely any way of getting pokemon into the discard efficiently. Sure, Skiploom does it, but what if you prize some? Lost Mixer helps to improve the damage with, albeit nominal, draw power. I would drop the Great Balls, you have enough search between Ultra Ball and Elms, and Jumpluffs ability to search.
I don't like Lost Mixer because it's too situational in how you put Pokemon into the Lost Zone (you need 2 in your hand) without sufficient draw. It's basically a worse Battle Compressor

Everything puts itself into the Lost Zone and you really don't want to put Hoppips and Skiplooms in without using the ability

Anyone thought about a super agressive deck with 4 lost mixer and custom catcher? You would want to drop your hand size down with lost mixer, than draw up to 3 with custom catcher and oranguru.
For your list, is there a way to fit in a 2-2 line of Magcargo and a few lost mixer? It can help you find energy, and if you don't need it yo can just chuck it to fuel your attack

For your list, is there a way to fit in a 2-2 line of Magcargo and a few lost mixer? It can help you find energy, and if you don't need it yo can just chuck it to fuel your attack
No, list is too tight in space

I might just cut Shrine altogether but honestly I'm going the Giratina/Malamar route

Back