• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Lost March Emolga

Karebear

Aspiring Trainer
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 26

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 4 Trumbeak LOT 165
* 1 Hoppip LOT 11
* 3 Hoppip LOT 12
* 4 Skiploom LOT 13
* 4 Jumpluff LOT 14
* 4 Emolga TEU 46
* 2 Marshadow SLG 45
* 3 Natu LOT 87

##Trainer Cards - 26

* 1 Viridian Forest TEU 156
* 4 Pokémon Communication TEU 152
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Net Ball LOT 187
* 4 Lost Blender LOT 181
* 4 Lillie UPR 125
* 4 Great Ball SUM 119

##Energy - 8

* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136
* 3 Grass Energy 1
* 1 Super Boost Energy {*} UPR 136

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Sooo this is my current deck, it currently has a 11-9 record. I was just wondering if there was anything I could change to make it better. The strategy is pretty simple, get Emolga out quickly. The nice thing about Emolga is that it has no retreat cost so it can be a wall for hopip or natu. Emolga's ability pretty much guarantees a pokemon in your hand to use with pokemon communication or lost blender. The major problem this deck has is it's easily countered by judge or shuckle gx

I'm running a very similar list. I find the deck fun to run, but it can be very hit or miss. I would suggest adding one of the Absol's from Team Up. The ability will hinder any opponents depending on Jirachi or Tapu Koko. If it ends up being unnecessary, it's a free pokemon to use with a lost blender.

I've been playing the same deck (I think it's the one from this Pokebeach article: https://www.pokebeach.com/2019/02/simply-the-best). I don't have an idea fully formulated plan yet, but I've noticed some problems with consistency. Just some thoughts:

• The Emolga/Pokemon communication engine is absolutely amazing. You can do so much with Emolga: you can Nuzzle x2, then Lost Blender for a "free" Lost Zone addition + draw. You can Pokemon communication Emolga for whatever you need at the moment. I think it's worth the 4x Emolga.
  • Oranguru: With the absence of Ultra Balls (which I think the pre-Team Up decks ran), it's rare that I get to draw too much with my Oranguru. When you're holding few cards and a Lillie/Cynthia, it doesn't add much. When you're holding a Marshadow, sometimes you get to use Instruct after you Marshadow + play a few cards. Either way, I find myself not really drawing too much with Oranguru (mostly 1-2 cards) so I'm thinking of dropping it entirely, but I'm not sure what I would replace it with -- possibly an extra Net Ball or something.
  • Viridian Forest: I feel like this is to combat the stadium meta, so I'm not sure how I feel about it. Sometimes I wish I were running 2 to destroy more stadiums. Sometimes I wish I were running 0 when I need something else. Sometimes I don't want to play it to give my opponent energy and it's just a dead card.
  • Rescue Stretcher: I feel like this is supposed to help slower decks, but I find myself not needing it if I need to ramp up quickly (nothing in my discard). If I'm already winning, it seems like more of a "win more" card that I don't need. Again, without Ultra Balls, I feel like this card is less useful. I'm thinking about cutting it
  • Marshadow: 2 is a good number. I rarely want more than 2 on the bench. I don't want to run 3 because I think that is too much bench space allocated to it.
So it seems like the places that you could consider changes are Oranguru, Viridian Forest, Rescue Stretcher. Other than that, I think the way that this deck works necessarily "locks you into" certain things (Like the 4-4-4 Jumpluff line) so I don't really know what to cut from it.

. ya i usually just lost blender oranguru and have a love hate for Viridian Forest sometimes it gets me an energy when i really need it other times it just takes up space

I've been playing the same deck (I think it's the one from this Pokebeach article: https://www.pokebeach.com/2019/02/simply-the-best). I don't have an idea fully formulated plan yet, but I've noticed some problems with consistency. Just some thoughts:

• The Emolga/Pokemon communication engine is absolutely amazing. You can do so much with Emolga: you can Nuzzle x2, then Lost Blender for a "free" Lost Zone addition + draw. You can Pokemon communication Emolga for whatever you need at the moment. I think it's worth the 4x Emolga.
  • Oranguru: With the absence of Ultra Balls (which I think the pre-Team Up decks ran), it's rare that I get to draw too much with my Oranguru. When you're holding few cards and a Lillie/Cynthia, it doesn't add much. When you're holding a Marshadow, sometimes you get to use Instruct after you Marshadow + play a few cards. Either way, I find myself not really drawing too much with Oranguru (mostly 1-2 cards) so I'm thinking of dropping it entirely, but I'm not sure what I would replace it with -- possibly an extra Net Ball or something.
  • Viridian Forest: I feel like this is to combat the stadium meta, so I'm not sure how I feel about it. Sometimes I wish I were running 2 to destroy more stadiums. Sometimes I wish I were running 0 when I need something else. Sometimes I don't want to play it to give my opponent energy and it's just a dead card.
  • Rescue Stretcher: I feel like this is supposed to help slower decks, but I find myself not needing it if I need to ramp up quickly (nothing in my discard). If I'm already winning, it seems like more of a "win more" card that I don't need. Again, without Ultra Balls, I feel like this card is less useful. I'm thinking about cutting it
  • Marshadow: 2 is a good number. I rarely want more than 2 on the bench. I don't want to run 3 because I think that is too much bench space allocated to it.
So it seems like the places that you could consider changes are Oranguru, Viridian Forest, Rescue Stretcher. Other than that, I think the way that this deck works necessarily "locks you into" certain things (Like the 4-4-4 Jumpluff line) so I don't really know what to cut from it.

I don't play lost march, (it has Emolga though) but I think 40hp isn't much different that 30hp and that multiply is a bit better than 20 damage so the LOT 11 hoppip might be more valuable than the LOT 12 one.1

I don't play lost march, (it has Emolga though) but I think 40hp isn't much different that 30hp and that multiply is a bit better than 20 damage so the LOT 11 hoppip might be more valuable than the LOT 12 one.1

Most decklists run 4 energy for Jumpluff (either 4 grass or 3 grass + 1 super boost energy prism star) with no energy recycling, so even wasting 1 energy (Skiploom will send that energy to the lost zone) is a lot. 10 HP can make a difference: I learned this the hard way playing against Buzzwole-GX's Jet Punch. It's the difference between them putting 30 damage on your benched Hoppip or knocking it out completely -- and remember that Skiploom's Floral Path to the Sky "heals" your Hoppip/Skiploom before it becomes Jumpluff.

anybody thinks that the deck should move towards a zebstrika draw build, im always getting shut down by Muk and then i just get ripped.

I've been wondering why people have dropped emolga in tournaments and you might have just explained why (Alolan Muk)

Most decklists run 4 energy for Jumpluff (either 4 grass or 3 grass + 1 super boost energy prism star) with no energy recycling, so even wasting 1 energy (Skiploom will send that energy to the lost zone) is a lot. 10 HP can make a difference: I learned this the hard way playing against Buzzwole-GX's Jet Punch. It's the difference between them putting 30 damage on your benched Hoppip or knocking it out completely -- and remember that Skiploom's Floral Path to the Sky "heals" your Hoppip/Skiploom before it becomes Jumpluff.
Oh, sorry I was thinking about other damage spread cards that do 20 and would have to hit twice either way like tapu koko.

If you need more Energy, but don’t want to take up space (COUGH COUGH VIRIDIAN FOREST) just add more energy.
-1 Viridian Forest
+1 Grass Energy

I tested Lost March myself. I feel like you should play a counter stadium in this Prism Stadium heavy format. Especially against Wonderous Labyrinth, that card could really be an autoloss if you don’t have a counter. Although you might loose anyway, given the fact that it could take some time to find the stadium. Sky Pillar could work for a few turns as well if you want another stadium.

Back