• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Lord Ray Rises (Dragon Ray / Reshiram)

garnetto

Aspiring Trainer
so, i am doing a major deck shuffle with LOADS of decks so i thought i would come here for advice
please note i am on a limited budget, so please dont suggest shaymin
this deck is for 2017 standard

Lord Ray Ray rises

3 M Rayquaza-EX (ROS 61)

3 Rayquaza-EX (ROS 60)

4 Reshiram (ROS 63)

2 Hydreigon-EX (ROS 103)

1 Hoopa-EX (XYP 71)

2 Lightning Energy (XY 135)

4 Double Dragon Energy (ROS 97)

8 Fire Energy (XY 133)

1 Super Rod (BKT 149)

1 Professor Birch's Observations (PCL 159)

2 Trainers' Mail (AOR 100)

4 Ultra Ball (ROS 93)

2 Shauna (FCO 111)

1 Switch (PCL 163)

2 Shrine of Memories (PCL 139)

1 Pokémon Fan Club (GEN 69)

2 Lysandre (FLF 104)

1 Escape Rope (PCL 127)

3 Rayquaza Spirit Link (ROS 87)

1 Hex Maniac (AOR 75)

3 Mega Turbo (ROS 86)

3 Professor Sycamore (PHF 101)

3 VS Seeker (ROS 110)

1 Scorched Earth (PCL 138)

1 Skyla (BKP 122)

1 Professor's Letter (XY 123)

so the big point there is to get mega rayquaza (the dragon one) out fast. hydreigon lowers retreat cost and reshiram can add extra energy from hand.
any advice?

Gabking5458

2016 MA TCG Senior Division Regional Champion!
Well instead of buying a whole new deck, invest in some shaymins. I know you said to not request for Shaymins but the format is gonna change and Shaymin is always gonna be good instead of a play for 1 or 2 LCs or city championships. Keep in mind, just a one off of Shaymin can get the job done. Hope this helps! :)

garnetto

Aspiring Trainer
Well instead of buying a whole new deck, invest in some shaymins. I know you said to not request for Shaymins but the format is gonna change and Shaymin is always gonna be good instead of a play for 1 or 2 LCs or city championships. Keep in mind, just a one off of Shaymin can get the job done. Hope this helps! :)
all my decklists, i own almost all the cards for. this particular list, i have all bar the reshirams. i have about £30 total to spend and yould rather have 10 full decks for it, than 1 card if i am lucky, whatever the situation

Pikachu6319

Scooby
Um, what's Shrine of Memories for? Maybe replace that with a couple of Special Charges to get back that elusive double dragon energy into your deck. Maybe trade out that Escape Rope for a second Switch, I don't see any real reason to have it. A fourth VS Seeker couldn't hurt, maybe take out another card that may not be needed, my thought would be Hex Maniac.

A note on Shaymin EX; if you can somehow come up with one then great, throw it in. If it comes up it can help. But a deck can work without it. I have two in my fairy deck but the last two games I played they never saw the field and I still won them, and I don't have the chedda to add anymore in my deck.

garnetto

Aspiring Trainer
Um, what's Shrine of Memories for? Maybe replace that with a couple of Special Charges to get back that elusive double dragon energy into your deck. Maybe trade out that Escape Rope for a second Switch, I don't see any real reason to have it. A fourth VS Seeker couldn't hurt, maybe take out another card that may not be needed, my thought would be Hex Maniac.

A note on Shaymin EX; if you can somehow come up with one then great, throw it in. If it comes up it can help. But a deck can work without it. I have two in my fairy deck but the last two games I played they never saw the field and I still won them, and I don't have the chedda to add anymore in my deck.
shrine of memores serves 2 purposes. for hydreigons ability to lower retreat,we need a stadum card. second, it makes ray attacks easier to pull off. sometimes 130 is enough, so why waste resources recycling energy when i sould just use the 130 attack and save respurces. or if i dont have it fully charged, can still hit for something.
i do agree pecal chage would be a good adition but no idea what to take out
hex maniac is sometimes essential. this deck cant beat safeguard ot aigislash, and tends to struggle against greninja. shutting off abilities can win the game, if i ue it and get ting VS seeker can recycle it.
yea,escaperope to switch is woth a try.
an ya, shaymin is good if i cn get it, but i prefer to act without it. it is an expensive lysandre fodder forust a few cards.