Help Looking for a Testing Group

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
Im looking to either join or create a testing group to test decks and such with. If anyone has a group I can join or would like to create a new group PM me.

This sounds like cool idea. Is this on PTCGO or irl?

If it's on PTCGO and there is a spot available for me to join, I'd love to!

I'd be up for some competitive players to hang out with on PTCGO if that's what your talking about.

I would recommend you guys use www.untap.in to test decks.

It's a website that uploads cards into a database and lets you create decks without having to earn cards.

The way the game is played is similar to real life in the sense that there is no program running that automates actions. If you play a card, you have to call out using abilities, searching your deck, calculating damage, etc.

I personally like it better than PTCGO because it is possible to make mistakes and learn from them.

I would recommend you guys use www.untap.in to test decks.

It's a website that uploads cards into a database and lets you create decks without having to earn cards.

The way the game is played is similar to real life in the sense that there is no program running that automates actions. If you play a card, you have to call out using abilities, searching your deck, calculating damage, etc.

I personally like it better than PTCGO because it is possible to make mistakes and learn from them.
Interesting, so kind of like Duelingnetwork or Duelingbook but it can be for other card games. I'll try it sometime, thanks for the share.

Also whatever this testing group is, I would love to be in it. A lot goes through my mind when I think about a deck I want to focus on and testing said theories would be great!

Interesting, so kind of like Duelingnetwork or Duelingbook but it can be for other card games. I'll try it sometime, thanks for the share.

Also whatever this testing group is, I would love to be in it. A lot goes through my mind when I think about a deck I want to focus on and testing said theories would be great!

Exactly! The only issue is that there aren't too many people playing Pokemon on it at this time. You can catch a game here and there, but people are usually also testing sets that aren't released.

If you want to give it a try, let me know. I get on every now and then while I'm at work so we can play a game or two if you'd like.

Exactly! The only issue is that there aren't too many people playing Pokemon on it at this time. You can catch a game here and there, but people are usually also testing sets that aren't released.

If you want to give it a try, let me know. I get on every now and then while I'm at work so we can play a game or two if you'd like.
Sounds good! Though, fair warning, I think I might be getting pretty busy this week so I'm not too sure how much free time I'll be able to use it, it's gonna be the evening if that's ever a possibility.

id be happy to join in on testing i can do it on a site that i can use any cards because i dont have very many on ptcgo if someone could tell me one i will help test

I'd be down for a testing group sounds fun and great for practice at getting better and improving competitively

What if there was a PokeBeach 'league' where people could all get together one week a night and talk about Pokemon and test their stuff out?

What if there was a PokeBeach 'league' where people could all get together one week a night and talk about Pokemon and test their stuff out?
Getting together one week a night would be great! The only problem I can see (for me at least) is time zones. Since most PokeBeach users are in North America, it’s kind of hard for us in other places where the time zones don’t match up. Still, I’d enjoy something like that and even if I can’t participate myself, it’d be a good thing to see happen.

Getting together one week a night would be great! The only problem I can see (for me at least) is time zones. Since most PokeBeach users are in North America, it’s kind of hard for us in other places where the time zones don’t match up. Still, I’d enjoy something like that and even if I can’t participate myself, it’d be a good thing to see happen.

a) There's no reason it couldn't be two time a week instead of one - say, 01:00 UTC (which is evening US time, 6-9pm) and 18:00 UTC the next day or something (which would still be accessible to some US folks, morning/early afternoon).

b) Even then, 1800 UTC Saturday or Sunday might be doable - cover all of europe and US, would probably miss East Asia but we have much fewer people from there. We'd have more overlap with regular leagues and other stuff, though, so it might be better to have it be in the evening on a weekday. Even 01:00 UTC might be doable for _some_ Europeans, right?

There's no reason it couldn't be

All it would take is for someone to set it up, and I'm sure people could use the PokeBeach Discord server for voice chat.
rsz-1rsz-thinking.png

Another idea would be creating some 3 or 4 groups according to regions / time zones

Back