• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Lol Pikachu (Pikachu / Victini / Dragalge)

mikebploz

Pyrotechnic
Just putting it out there: I don't expect this deck to be super competitive, but I think it is a fun way to use Pikachu.
Note: This is NOT a Raichu deck

Pokemon: (15)
  • 4 Pikachu RS
  • 4 Raichu XY
  • 2 Skrelp
  • 2 Dragalge
  • 2 Victini (Victory Star)
  • 1 Mr. Mime
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: (31)
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 4 Shauna
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Wally
  • 1 Lysandre's Trump Card
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 2 Switch
  • 2 Exp. Share
  • 1 Life Dew
  • 4 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 2 Virbank City Gym
Energy: (8)
  • 8 Lightning Energy
Open spots: 6

Strategy:

The goal of this deck is to lock the opponent with Pikachu, then evolve to Raichu and finish them with Circle Circuit. Pikachu's Tail Whip attack, when combined with Victini, gives the opponent a 25% chance of attacking, given they don't leave then drive spot. Of course, Pikachu isn't doing damage, and the opponent can retreat. This is where dragalge comes in - its poison lock ability prevents the opponent from retreating, and lasers + Virbank adds a nice 30 damage per turn. To sum it up: the opponent can't attack, can't retreat, and takes 30 damage between turns. Then, once this setup is achieved, and once the opponent has enough damage, Pikachu can evolve to Riachu and finish with Circle Circuit.

The deck loses to Switch, I know, but it isn't really supposed to be winning tournaments, it's supposed to be fun to use a Pikachu as the main card.

I do have some open slots, so any comments or suggestions are always welcome!

Whoops, looks like a forgot to clarify.. I'm using the Pikachu from Roaring Skies. It doesn't paralyze. This should be a link to the scan:
http://pokebeach.com/media/Pikachu-Roaring-Skies-20.jpg

Now that you mention it though, the legendary treasures Pikachu would probably be the better option. I originally thought Roaring Skies because I liked the art :p

Last edited:
Back