Ruling LM machoke

dragon master

Best Dragon Trainer Ever
Machoke - Fighting - HP80
Stage 1 - Evolves from Machop

Poke-Body: Power Paranoia
If Machoke is Confused, all of Machoke's attacks do an additional 50 damage to the
Defending Pokemon.

[F] Double Kick: Does 20 damage to each Defending Pokemon.
[C][C][C] Magnum Punch: 40 damage.

Weakness: Psychic
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Me and my friend were arguing about machokes double kick attack. Does it do 20 to machoke and the defending pokemon or, attack all of your opponents pokemon?:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

"Each Defending Pokémon" refers to 2-on-2 play. In that method of play, there are two Active Pokémon for each player. When an attack (or anything else) refers to "each Defending Pokémon," it is talking about both of your opponent's Active Pokémon.

RE:  LM machoke

electric kid said:
I have no clue.
Please dont post things like this. We do have people here which can actually answer these questions, we dont need every thread filling up with "I dont know" as answers. Avoid doing it, otherwise i'll delete it.

On topic: Attacks which say "to each Defending Pokemon" refers to both of your Opponents Active pokemon in double battles like stated already. Therefore Machoke would do 20 damage to both your opponents Active pokemon. Cards usually state clearly whether they attack all pokemon in play, your opponents benched pokemon or damaging yourself. A 'Defending Pokemon' is the opponent's Active pokemon, not your Active pokemon.

Each defending pokemon means, in 1-on 1 battle, if Machoke is battling, for example, Dustox, then Dustox gets 20. But if Machoke is partners with, for example, Delcatty, and is battling, for example, Dustox and Beautifly, then both the butterflys get it. Get it?

Ya, i sometimes get confused on this kind of wording also, rosila from LM how ever works against you even though it's a 2v2 battle technique, and she also makes a good bench healer :p

Back