RSE/FRLG LJ's Copycat Nuzlocke (Emerald)

juunkmilk

3nd coming
Hi guys I'm copying 6D. Ok.
I really liked 6D's idea of naming all his Pokémon after rappers, so Imma do the same but just with musicians in general. To make it easier, and also to make myself look like a little bit less of a jerkwad.
If for whatever reason any of you haven't already been to 6D's Nuzlocke, or can't find it. Here's a link.
OK, LET'S DO THIS, LET'S TEAR EMERALD A NEW ONE.

Session 1
(Don't worry 6D, I'm stealing your layout too)
For some reason a ten year old is riding in the back of a moving truck, while his mom has apparently already arrived in a car. Whatever. I button mashed a whole bunch and set the clock to a random time and got my potion out of the computer. I chose Treecko as a starter, and I named him Mangum. I grind until Mangum is level 9 then beat May with no trouble at all. We go back to the lab and get Pokéballs.
My first encounter on Route 101 is a Poochyena, which is awesome. I named it Longstreth, which is probably the most fitting name for a Poochyena ever. Poochyena is like Dave Longstreth's spirit Pokémon. So that's cool, I think I raised it to level 7 before I even reach Route 102, which is where I caught the third member of my team, Byrne the Lotad.
I accidentally killed my first Pokémon on Route 103, but it's okay cuz it was just a Wurmple. I also killed the first Pokémon from the Petalburg Woods, but only after I caught it. It was a Cascoon named Wilco.
I haven't done much in Rustboro, just grinding on Route 116. Killed my first encounter without thinking, which is a shame because I wanted that Nincada.
Calling it a day, sorry for the poor writing quality.

Session 2
Lots of growing today, Longstreth grew to lv. 10, Byrne Grew to level 13 and learned nature power, then Byrne grew to level 14 and EVOLVED, he even looks like David Byrne now.
v2dex020.gif
bryneno.jpg

Don't tell me you can't see the resemblance. I even think David wore a sombrero at some point in True Stories.
At level 14, Byrne's Absorb stops for nothing. Except Taillows. We are still afraid of Taillows.
Oh also I caught a Whismur and named it edIT.
In the gym Byrne grew to level 15. Byrne and Mangum are just a couple world destroyers that eat rocks for breakfast.
While I was effortlessly discarding Roxeanne's Pokémon, Mangum reached level 16, I got rid of Leer for Pursuit.
"What?! MANGUM is evolving!
Ew! I'm sorry, your MANGUM evolved in to a hippie!"
Whatever, I have a badge.
I got rid of pursuit for Fury Cutter, we're changing moves like a girl changes clothes!
As I'm leaving the gym, some no-good scofflaw in blue is being chased outta town by the same guy I met in those woods! He also took that old guy's bird! The nerve! I clean up a bit at the Pokémon center before proceeding to wreck some Aqua face. I just saved your business, woods guy, thanks a bunch for the great ball. Oh yeah, I'll just go ahead and deliver this letter for you too, no biggie, I'm just your employee now, don't bother paying me though. Oh wait, you are paying me! With a map! Yes! This will help me do the job you're forcing on to me!
I'm make this two sessions. Don't ask me why.

Session 3
As I'm leaving Rustboro, I run in to May. She asks for a battle and I accept, and boy did I regret it, I didn't lose anyone but god was it scary, her Torchic's Ember got a burn on Byrne and it was almost the death of him. I'm holding off giving Cut to anything for now. Mr. Briney is a bro and took me on his boat that moves at the speed of light, and for whatever reason he stopped the boat so I could talk to my dad with my map thing. Now I'm on an island beating up fishermen. In a cave I encountered a Makuhita, I caught it and named it Sufjan, I intend to make it m y Surf slave. Longstreth Reached level 11, then 12, then 13 and he learned Bite, finally a dark-type move! I was training in the gym and edIT got killed by a Machop. After that I decided this island was too dangerous, so I got my bro to take me back to that other place so I could buy repels and potions and stuff. While trying to make it through this got-danged cave I broke down and replaced Byrne's Growl with Flash, then I was reminded that I can't use Flash without beating the gym anyway. I hate this part of this game. It occurred to me I could get my first Pokémon of Route 107 with the old rod, so I caught it and named it Portner. Seeing as Animal Collective is my favorite band, and Poison/ Water isn't a bad type, I will probably try to keep Portner on the team.

Session 4
More grinding in that stupid cave. I hate grinding and I hate that cave. Mangum is level 22 so I'm finally tackling the gym. I sent out Byrne to kill his Machop, then kept him in for the Meditite. I just sat there breaking it's focus with Absorb until Byrne's HP was full and Brawley had used both of his Super Potions, then I flashed his got danged Makuhita a whole bunch. Once Byrne was almost dead, I switched in to Sufjan to use Sand Attack, which worked once before he died. Bad idea. After my loss I finally switched in to Mangum and Pounded/ Absorbed till it was dead.
I am too frustrated with this island to continue, sorry for the short session, number five will be much better.

Graveyard
Wilco lv. 5-5
edIT lv. 6-6
Sufjan lv. 8-8

Current Team
Mangum/ Grovyle
lv. 22
-Pound
-Absorb
-Quick Attack
-Fury Cutter

Longstreth/ Poochyena
Lv. 10
-Tackle
-Howl
-Sand Attack

Byrne/ Lombre
Lv. 19
-Astonish
-Flash
-Absorb
-Nature Power

Portner/ Tentacool
lv. 8
-Poison Sting
-Supersonic

Oh great! Another thread that's so good I'll have to subscribe to it. Just what I need.
Nice stuff! You need a Gorrilaz reference in there somewhere. Damian, maybe, or whatever his name is.

Haha, this is so cool. It makes me sad that you're "copying" me and yours is already so much better. Your writing is truly way better, haha. You're pretty good to fight Roxanne now. At 14 Treeko can easily solo her.
Poor Wilco.

@Vortex: Yeah I was thinking I would name the next thing I caught Albarn
@6D: Thanks, but I really don't think this writing is so great. And don't worry about Wilco, I "Accidentally" sent him out against a bug trainer at 1 HP.

I did all the playing I've written about yesterday, so maybe I'll start day 2 now.

Danke.
Wait, I don't remember where to go next.
I'm so cool.
P.s. I linked to your Nuzlocke in the OP.

Sufjan :O. I had a Makuhita in a Sapphire Nuzlocke once and it was really good. It'll be interesting to see where this goes, I'll be watching!

Really nice! I started a Nuzlocke too because it sounded like fun. I'm doing it on Pearl, though. :p Hope it goes well! You have my best wishes!

Back