• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Lions with some tech (Terrakion)

Slowbrother

Life is a big holiday
Here's my Lions list BW-on. I've been playing a lot with it and had some good results. But I need some help with my T/S/S list and also I want to include Terrakion to make a good tech against Darkrai.

Pokémon: 6

4 {R} Entei EX
2 {F} Terrakion (NV)

T/S/S: 41

4 RR
3 Switch
3 Energy Switch
4 Catcher
4 Crushing Hammer
2 Enhanced Hammer
2 Heavy Ball
3 Ultra Ball
4 Max Potion

4 Juniper
4 N
2 Bianca
2 Cilan

Energy: 13

10 {R}
3 {F}

Strategy:
Place a Entei Ex as starter if possible. Set him up, same time using juniper and/or Ultra Ball for energy discarding, them T3 attack with Grand Flame in an ideal situation. Terrakion is for revenge kills, specially against Tornadus/Darkrai.

Ursus

Aspiring Trainer
I see Mewtwo giving this deck a lot of problems. I would say:

-2 RR
+2 Mewtwo

You could possibly find space for DCE, but being able to Grand Flame and energy switch should be enough to fight off opposing Mewtwo.

Slowbrother

Life is a big holiday
You're right, I've lost because of Mewtwo EX, but that Mewtwo was charged by a Shaymin, who will fall out in august.

Without Shaymin I don't see any other way to charge Mewtwo enough to scary an Entei. Also this deck is full of Hammers to avoid those overchargings.

And 4 RR is absolutely necessary, cuz this deck need with all forces to get everything in hand ASAP.

Cake101

Maybe you should switch an Entei for a Terrakion, because the max amount of EXs your opponent can Ko' a game is 3, and then switch 2 fire energy for 2 fighting, also you might want 2-3 EXP. shares even if you don't want to be Ko'd

Entei

Wild Entei fled . . .
Cool idea. I've been thinking about this myself, but I've found it bad for the consistency using Terrakion in it. Please update me on how it's matchups are!

Anyway, isn't 4 Max Potion a bit overkill? I would maybe change two of them for two eviolite.

HiTMichael

Aspiring Trainer
I've played against a Lions deck like this and the guy i've played against are using Super Scoop Up in place of Max Potions.

Maybe you need to test:
-4 Max Potion (energy killer, yeah i know about the Entei's ability to bring them back)
+3 Super Scoop Up ( you can bring a low HP Lion and put it back on Bench "healed" and the energies can go to another Pokémon )
+1 Revive ( Terrakion can die easily after he uses retaliate, put it on bech again, but then you'll need more fight energies)

JimboJumbo

Aspiring Trainer
HiTMichael said:
I've played against a Lions deck like this and the guy i've played against are using Super Scoop Up in place of Max Potions.

Maybe you need to test:
-4 Max Potion (energy killer, yeah i know about the Entei's ability to bring them back)
+3 Super Scoop Up ( you can bring a low HP Lion and put it back on Bench "healed" and the energies can go to another Pokémon )
+1 Revive ( Terrakion can die easily after he uses retaliate, put it on bech again, but then you'll need more fight energies)

I think the plan with Max Potion was to switch the Entei to a benched one, potion the damage and use Grand Flame to return it to the bench Entei, though I will say that combining both could be even more effective and provide more options for the deck.

Slowbrother

Life is a big holiday
Entei said:
Cool idea. I've been thinking about this myself, but I've found it bad for the consistency using Terrakion in it. Please update me on how it's matchups are!

Anyway, isn't 4 Max Potion a bit overkill? I would maybe change two of them for two eviolite.

You're right... in my old list I had Eviolite instead of Terrakions. I just forgot those. I honestly didn't tested Lions + Terrakion yet, but I'll see how it works and update it.