• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

    When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Lions (Entei EX)

Slowbrother

Life is a big holiday
Member
Pokémons: 4

4 {R} Entei EX (DeX)

T/S/S: 44

3 Exp. share
4 Switch
4 Catcher
3 Lost Remover
4 Junk Arm
4 Heavy Ball
3 Energy Switch
4 Max Potion
3 Plus Power
1 Pokegear 3.0

4 PONT
3 Sage's Training
4 N

Energy: 12

12 {R}

Strategy: Start with Entei EX (oh really? :p) and fill your bench with ball engine or collector. We don't so much secrets right here, the idea is the same as Tetrakion, the difference is the active Entei charge the others.
 

Serperior

464/500
Advanced Member
Member
You can definitely use a PlusPower in here. Take out an Enhanced Hammer. While 90 seems to be the magic number, Zoroark DE gets away with it. Also, you wanna be able to donk a Tynamo if need be. Furthermore, consider Max Potion. Heal up, discard the Fire Energy so they can be recycled again, and your opponent has to spend two more turns on the same Entei.
 

Entei

Wild Entei fled . . .
Member
You should focus more on keaping Entei EX alive, rather than letting it die. Because of it's attack, you don't really need Exp. Share. Entei EX gives up two hefty prize cards, which makes it terrible in comparison to Terrakion. It's HP however, is marvellous. That's why you should focus on a more defensive strategy.

Cards you could play around with:
- Super Scoop Up
- Max Potion
- Seeker (Unless you're playing BW-on)

Cards that you really don't need:
- Exp Share
- Crushing Hammer
- Lost Remover
- Enhanced Hammer
- Dual Ball (You should max out Heavy Ball)
- Rescue Energies (Fire energies is most efficient with Entei EX)

Hope some of it helps. I would really recommend play-testing. I play Entei EX myself, and have played a lot with it. Trust me, a QuadBull-like strategy is not the way for Entei EX to go. Good luck!
 

Emopanda133

Aspiring Trainer
Member
I'd say drop the Exp. Share, and throw in Volcarana DE, since you burn, it could help KO Thunderus and Tornadus.
 

Slowbrother

Life is a big holiday
Member
Great guys....I've tested this deck with max potions, but keeping only Lost Removers and done very well against Zekeels. Also I add some Energy Switch and done a very good job minimizing the Max Potion waste, combined with Switch.

I'll update this list soon
 

leonardbatfish

Aspiring Pokédad
Member
Random Receiver is superior to Pokegear 3.0, as it will never fail to get you a draw supporter.

I would highly recommend dropping all 3 Exp Shares for 3 Eviolites. This deck will start slow either way, but Grand Flame and attachment for turn should keep your Enteis going after turn 3, and Eviolite helps keep a lot of things from Two Hit KOing you, especially if you add Potion or MooMoo Milk.

I personally would prefer Prof. Juniper over Sage. You can still discard fire energy, and you end up with much more draw power.

Also, 4 Heavy Balls seems extreme. If you have two eviolited Enteis on the field, your opponent is still probably 4 turns from benching you (unless they're hitting for weakness, in which case you're pretty screwed anyways), so 2 or 3 heavy balls should be plenty of search. Taking them out also gives you room to experiment with Potion or MooMoo Milk. 30-60 healing might not sound like much, but again, it turns a lot of hits from the likes of Darkrai, Tornadus EX, Zoroark Etc from 2hit KOs to 3hit KOs, or if you play them right, 4 hit KO's.

Good luck!
 

Emopanda133

Aspiring Trainer
Member
leonardbatfish said:
I would highly recommend dropping all 3 Exp Shares for 3 Eviolites. This deck will start slow either way, but Grand Flame and attachment for turn should keep your Enteis going after turn 3, and Eviolite helps keep a lot of things from Two Hit KOing you, especially if you add Potion or MooMoo Milk.

I agree, Exp. Share isn't important in this deck with the right list. You can keep your Entei's healed with Max Potion, attach the two energy with Grand Flame, then attach for turn, or even just another Grand Flame.
 

Slowbrother

Life is a big holiday
Member
leonardbatfish said:
Random Receiver is superior to Pokegear 3.0, as it will never fail to get you a draw supporter.

I would highly recommend dropping all 3 Exp Shares for 3 Eviolites. This deck will start slow either way, but Grand Flame and attachment for turn should keep your Enteis going after turn 3, and Eviolite helps keep a lot of things from Two Hit KOing you, especially if you add Potion or MooMoo Milk.

I personally would prefer Prof. Juniper over Sage. You can still discard fire energy, and you end up with much more draw power.

Also, 4 Heavy Balls seems extreme. If you have two eviolited Enteis on the field, your opponent is still probably 4 turns from benching you (unless they're hitting for weakness, in which case you're pretty screwed anyways), so 2 or 3 heavy balls should be plenty of search. Taking them out also gives you room to experiment with Potion or MooMoo Milk. 30-60 healing might not sound like much, but again, it turns a lot of hits from the likes of Darkrai, Tornadus EX, Zoroark Etc from 2hit KOs to 3hit KOs, or if you play them right, 4 hit KO's.

The reason exp. share is there is case of the first Entei be knocked out too early. So charges another one on the bench faster to use Grand Flame Also faster. But anyways I guess I can drop one and also dropping one heavy we have:

-1 Pokegear 3.0
-1 Heavy ball
-1 Exp. Share

+2 Eviolite
+1 RR

leonardbatfish said:
Good luck!

Well, like I've been testing, this deck is not a matter of lucky:
4-1 against Zekeels with Mewtwo EX
5-0 against Tyram
5-0 against Lilligant
4-1 against Vanilluxe
5-0 against CMT
5-0 against Durant

yeah, I'm pretty impressed too, this deck takes a size that I never expected.
 

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head
Member
I've tested against a Quad-Entei deck, and it seemed to take a while to start using Grand Flame. So I'd keep EXP. Share in, if I were you. And by the way. Those match-ups are a little odd. I'm not so sure you're testing against the best builds of those decks (I'm not trying to be rude about there/your deck building. I'm just saying they probably are built/played in a way that makes them a little worse against this deck).
 

Emopanda133

Aspiring Trainer
Member
Actually, those match-ups are about right, the Zekeels might be off though. Terrakion Decks hurt this one pretty bad, so you might have problems there, and honestly Darkrai/Tornadus kills this deck. At BR, a Master had this exact deck, although there were some number changes, and no energy switch, he had Volcarna DE, anywho, he went 3-2 because of two Darkrai decks. He had perfect setup on both, but his opponent catchered and sniped all day long, eventually, he KO'd two of the four Entei's and lost only one Darkrai, the final KO was from Tornadus EX that he brought up. It wasn't even close. The second time was worse, turn two Darkrai that was doing 130 damage and sniping, after two catchers, same thing as last time, only he didn't lose Darkrai this time.
 

Slowbrother

Life is a big holiday
Member
Emopanda133 said:
Actually, those match-ups are about right, the Zekeels might be off though. Terrakion Decks hurt this one pretty bad, so you might have problems there, and honestly Darkrai/Tornadus kills this deck. At BR, a Master had this exact deck, although there were some number changes, and no energy switch, he had Volcarna DE, anywho, he went 3-2 because of two Darkrai decks. He had perfect setup on both, but his opponent catchered and sniped all day long, eventually, he KO'd two of the four Entei's and lost only one Darkrai, the final KO was from Tornadus EX that he brought up. It wasn't even close. The second time was worse, turn two Darkrai that was doing 130 damage and sniping, after two catchers, same thing as last time, only he didn't lose Darkrai this time.

Nice, I'll test this match up. He may get going bad because of Volcarona. All my matches I use to use Entei's 1st attack only once in whole game, so the deck build is all around grand flame. Also, investing in burning with your opponents Darkrai 0 retreat is a huge mistake. And finally, if you have Energy switch you can be catchered with no problem (in case you dont have any switch on you hands), max potion to make him clean, move a energy, attach another and at least you have Fire Fang... and by the way your opponent made you a favor catching a benched Entei without energy expecting it would stall you.

Against Terrakion is indeed a mistery, neither me or my girlfriend have this deck to test. So if I found someone in the league with one of this sure will be tested.

Also I want to test against Zoroark/Darkrai
 
Top