Lillie Regionals Promo!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

2. Poke_collector Aspiring Trainer
    Poke_collector

This is gonna be sought after

3. Poke_collector Aspiring Trainer
    Poke_collector

How are we getting the non promo version though?

4. TokenDuelist YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
    TokenDuelist

Starting to get really tired of this trend. I'd prefer these in normal sets because I haven't enjoyed this card game in almost over 3 years. I'd love the cute alternate arts - but I'm not going to invest and play in this meta to get them.

5. paulyd84 cooltrainerpaul
    paulyd84

Id say you wont - like all the other league promo trainer alternate arts! Hmm i was gonna go to sheffield this weekend for my regional (uk), but decided not to travel as done ok at 2 recent league cups... but regret this now

snoopy369 likes this.
  6. Number51x Blasting off at the speed of light!
    Number51x

So...eBay?

CurlyCat likes this.
  7. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

So this Lillie is based on ULP Lillie right? Based on the logo. I know what SM Base symbol look like

8. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

And where is my Alt Art of Gladion? I want to see its full beauty

9. Frost Amethyst AMAB-NB
    Frost

125a/156 numbering means it's considered a reprint of Ultra Prism Lillie, yes.

10. TokenDuelist YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
    TokenDuelist

r
    The point is we shouldn't have these ripped from their sets for this purpose. It just makes them more expensive than they should be.

11. Wolfgirl90 Aspiring Trainer
    Wolfgirl90

Advanced Member Member

They are doing it this way because if this card was released with the other Sky Legends cards, then the legality would reset and Lillie would remain in the format for *at least* another year.

I don't think that Lillie was removed from Unified Minds/Hidden Fates just to be a Regionals promo. But rather, having it as a Regionals promo allows players to get an alt art that otherwise wasn't going to be released at all.

Also, these days, the promo is given out in various ways beyond playing in the main event. There are often side events where participants can get one (or a whole playset). Plus, you can trade for one. There are multiple ways of getting this promo at the event besides actually playing in it.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  12. Lechu v 2017 Trash monkey
    Lechu v 2017

Nice art, but, Lilly is being focused on way too much

13. TokenDuelist YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
    TokenDuelist

Then they could have easily just put it in some other product, not restrict it to bigger events.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?