• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Lightning blade (Luxray GL X+Gallade 4 X) Possible senior cities

Matryoshka

Hi, I'm a scrub
Pokemon (19):

2-1 Luxray GL X
2-2 Gallade 4 X
2-1 Uxie X
1-1 Drifblim UD
2 Crobat G
1 Bronzong G
1 Lucario GL
1 Dragonite FB
1 Promocroak
1 Azelf LA

T/S/S (30):

4 Poketurn
4 Power Spray
4 Conspiracy
4 Energy Gain
3 SP Radar
2 Energy Exchanger
2 Collector
1 Aaron's
1 Palmer's
1 Lux Ball
1 Communicator
1 Bebe's Search
2 PONT/Copycat/Reversal

Energy:

4 Call
5 Psychic
2 Lightning

Strategy: Spread and snipe. Gallade spreads damage, while Luxray snipes off of stuff it can kill with 60 damage, or I can retreat or Poketurn it back to Aimed Cut it for lots more damage depending on how much damage is on the Pokemon.

for a mewtwo counter i would go with honchkrow SV because it works good on machamp too, and other sp decks. but then you might need 1 unown q so it can get free retreat cost.

Well...I don't run any dark or DCE...that's the problem. Otherwise I'd run it. In Chompsol I used it because I ran 6 dark energy, and I can't use Drifblim because of no DCE.

Should I just exchange the Luxray for Garchomp so I can run DCE XD

well i believe the UD drifblim is 1 psychic and 1 colorless for 60 damage. thats the counter i would use in that deck.

Yeah
Drifblim=mewtwo counter
5 psychic IMO is overkill, I'd add a second Luxray X and make the 2 extra slots into one lightning/copycat and a copycat/PONT/VS Seeker

^Well, see the thing is I don't have 140 extra dollars for 2 Luxray GL X so I can't really add in another.

I thought the Mewtwo Counter in Drifblim was Take Away. I guess that's wrong :p

Tyraniking said:
^Well, see the thing is I don't have 140 extra dollars for 2 Luxray GL X so I can't really add in another.

I thought the Mewtwo Counter in Drifblim was Take Away. I guess that's wrong :p

For drifblim it really depends on the situation, for example if your opponent has nothing on their bench (or only has a high retreat worthless pokemon) take away would probably be a game changer. Also, take-away can do wonders against Machamp what with the problem of having to re-setup a Stage 2.

Tyraniking said:
Well...I don't run any dark or DCE...that's the problem. Otherwise I'd run it. In Chompsol I used it because I ran 6 dark energy, and I can't use Drifblim because of no DCE.

Should I just exchange the Luxray for Garchomp so I can run DCE XD

Yes. Not only do you do 20 extra damage, those Vileplume UD won't be as annoying when you can pick 'em off. I fear that you're gonna get plowed through against any sort of Spiritomb lead, so I'd suggest:

-1 Power Spray
-1 Energy Gain
+1 Regice LA
+1 Pokemon Collector GS

If you get Trainer-locked, it's pretty much over. You have a Weakness to Gengar, making things worse. Getting Spiritomb out of there so you can start spreading is needed. Immediately.

-1 Psychic
-1 Lucario Gl
+2 Raichu GL

If your opponent has a full bench with damage (which should be happening; you're spreading), Raichu does 80 for a lightning and a gain. He's also a decent spreader himself.

Back