Article Let's Go Nuts! The Craziest Rogue Decks in BCR-On!

Great article! I love the variety you commented on. I have one question: Why did you choose to go with 4 VS Seeker in your decks, rather than 3? I noticed that in the Nationals most decks that came top had 3 VS Seeker, and not 4.

I played a similar Mew-EX / Shedinja deck for a bit. Nice to see it get some lovin'. One of the more fun decks I've played in this format.

Great article! I love the variety you commented on. I have one question: Why did you choose to go with 4 VS Seeker in your decks, rather than 3? I noticed that in the Nationals most decks that came top had 3 VS Seeker, and not 4.

vs seekers is a good card but they are useless at the start or when toad is around so 4 can hurt yourself if you pull em early when you could use a supporter

Consistency, for the most part. I rather play 4 of them and be sure I can have one at most times than regretting to play the 4th one. Specially in Reshiram, where you can Compressor + VS Seeker when in a pinch. You can get away with 3 if you have some other consistency cards, but either 3-4 are standard numbers.

ok as a steel type expert let me take apart that steel idea

it is bad really bad

O____O

You have literally gone and said everything is bad right off the hook, with little to no reasoning. Or you're trolling, and if you are, you are quite a waste of time.

first up i have never seen use for 3 steel shelters but having a training center has saved klang from being 1 hit quite a few times
You ideally want to Rare Candy Klink, not go through the full evo line. Besides, Steel Shelter is amazing against Toad, as well as a nice tech against Malamars that pop up. It is most certainly not bad.

next up cobalion is horible and 4 aegislash is not needed i go 2-3
Since when was Cobalion horrible? It's first attack is amazing, and it's second attack is amazing. Let me tell you why. The first attack destroys Toad and gets rid of DCE on Rays, both great for this deck. The second attack destroys Safeguarders as well as other defence decks as it bypasses annoying effects.

im guessing that deck is out of date because it has no shields and mostly older trainers and really not a good set of em either like no berch shauna battle compressor or wally which wally with evo can take klink to klinklang
I'm sorry, but you're think XY-on. How many people have you seen using Birch and Shauna in their competitive, Top-8 Nationals deck?

N is bad and i have plenty of tournament wins without using even 1 of them
Tell me this when you come 1st place at nats, where N was used multiple times to stall and win the game. It also gives more cards than both Shauna and Birch at the start of the game, which is amazing for a disruption + draw card.

excadrill is the best steel attacker/way of draining your deck of steels or self loading tons of shields and is far more useful then cobalion ex
Excadrill is good if you want to lose due to a) clunkiness b) low damage on high set up

2 rare candies is bad
Bad for losing, yes.

this deck is way too item heavy and will prob deck out fast from the sycamore spam and various items
No...?

simply this steel deck is
1 out of date
2 defensive with weak attacking power but not making the best use of the defense
3 slow
4 weak to toad
5 likely to lose if the opponent isent caught off guard as in they dont know about klinklang so they let you evolve
Simply:
1. You are not a steel expert.
2. That doesn't even make sense.
3. Look at Bronzong, Coballion and Aegislash that either wall other decks or speed up your deck.
4. Your suggestions (?) are weak to Toad because you literally took away all of the deck's niches!
5. And get past the Aegislash without it pummeling you. Besides, you can't consistently pick off klinks, and you should know that. I hope. Basically, I suggest you go and look at the decks that WIN before you suggest ridiculous things like the above.

ok as a steel type expert let me take apart that steel idea

it is bad really bad

first up i have never seen use for 3 steel shelters but having a training center has saved klang from being 1 hit quite a few times

next up cobalion is horible and 4 aegislash is not needed i go 2-3

im guessing that deck is out of date because it has no shields and mostly older trainers and really not a good set of em either like no berch shauna battle compressor or wally which wally with evo can take klink to klinklang

N is bad and i have plenty of tournament wins without using even 1 of them

excadrill is the best steel attacker/way of draining your deck of steels or self loading tons of shields and is far more useful then cobalion ex

2 rare candies is bad

this deck is way too item heavy and will prob deck out fast from the sycamore spam and various items

simply this steel deck is
1 out of date
2 defensive with weak attacking power but not making the best use of the defense
3 slow
4 weak to toad
5 likely to lose if the opponent isent caught off guard as in they dont know about klinklang so they let you evolve
I must agree with everthing except that Cobalion is bad. It's the toad and safeguard counter, and very good at it too.

I must agree with everthing except that Cobalion is bad. It's the toad and safeguard counter, and very good at it too.
I'm curious why you'd say that N in a deck like this steel one would not be good, and how the deck is too item heavy compared to most decks in format.

First of all, the rest of the moderators will take care of this thread shortly (I won't do it myself for obvious reasons).

Then, Nocturne, you seem too unexperienced to actually know what you're suggesting. I'd like to see a Metal deck with your specs and see how it goes in an actual tournament.

Then, I never said "OMG, this is BDIF, play it or get rekd". As I stated countless times across the article, this are mostly FUN decks, not something that's guaranteed to make you win the World Championships undefeated.

Alexander, if you agree with his statements word by word, then this applies to you too.

We all have the right to have our opinions, sure... As long as they're respectful. And still, there are some times where not everyone can be right about a certain discussion. This is one of those times.

I'm curious why you'd say that N in a deck like this steel one would not be good, and how the deck is too item heavy compared to most decks in format.
I run a few N but not the usual 4 of them because honestly, its overrated. It's too situational as a 4-of.

@Luispipe8 the thing is that Aegislash/Klinklang isn't even a rogue deck. It made top 8 in nationals when built right, with minor variations possible, but the deck written about here looks nothing like it.

Because it's not the exact list. If you'd actually read the article properly, you'd see that my friend and I worked on the list long before Nats (this Article was started 2 months ago, actually), and that our metagame is fairly different from most other places. Just stop saying the deck is not BDIF because we all know that. What is bothering me is the fact that you discredit my (our) list and start changing it without proper and valid reasoning, other than the personal bias Nocturne speaked of. It's not like I'm mixing Groudon and Pyroar to make a deck; this is a valid idea and every card in the deck has a reasoning behind it and it's not randomly thrown in; and that's with each of my decks.

I feel like I should clear some things up.
  1. The Klinkklang deck is ridiculously strong right now. The thing keeping it in check is Seis / Garb and Seis / Garb isn't insanely popular right now (even though it won U.S. Nats).
  2. Like Luis said this article was written over a long period of time. It was started long before Nats.
  3. Everyone builds decks slightly differently. If it isn't built the way you like it to be built it doesn't automatically make the build bad.
Now that we have established that lets move on. Constructive criticism is perfectly ok but you need to be nice about it (and make sure your suggestions and comments actually make sense). If you can't do that then please don't post. The free writers do not get that many things out of writing for us and they do it for you. Appreciate it.

That Metal deck looks really interesting...I always see offensive Metal decks around, but obviously the type has a huge amount of defensive potential with Steel Shelter, Aegislash and Klinklang. Hopefully we'll see some of it at Worlds.

Next time rogue is shown as a top...say ten. I hope gliscor phf is there.

went 2-3-1 at canadian nats with it, and I dare say it is quite the interesting deck

Hey there, Luis,

Love the article and the very detailed way you described your experiences on that tournament you took part in =)

I just have one little thing to point out: when you talked about Aegislash-EX in your metal deck, you said "Crobat [...] being the only one that can have a chance IF it runs any basic Energy and dares to 5HKO it (not counting other Bat’s damage)." Well, considering most metal mon's are resistant to psychic, including Aegislash-EX, Crobat would need a muscle band or some way to inhibit its resistance to actually not have to 10+ hit KO that Aegislash ;)

On the other hand, it is also interesting to point out that not only Garbodor, but also Wobbufett and Silent Lab can shut off Aegislash's ability. Not only that, but mon's like Latias or Pyroar (and even Cobalion-EX) would give this deck a very hard time -- but, then again, it depends if the players around you are using those kind of cards :)

Back