LEGENDS: Your opnion on the HGSS tcg

Heart Gold Soul Silver Collection?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think the LEGEND mechanic is an AWESOME way to go, actually. It isn't like "Fusion" from Yu-Gi-Oh at all since you need both halves in your hand.

Also, I have a hunch about the Great Pokemon mechanic. I'll bet that they can only be evolved while Active and that they can't become Benched, since they "specialize in battling." It's just a guess, but what do you guys think?

Starforce Lv.X said:
I haven't been spoiled I'm just worried cause I'm a collector its not good when the cards you've been collecting become worthless.

But the format gets rotated every year, this being the exception. So the cards you've collected will become illegal eventually, no matter what. And they won't be worthless anyway, loads of people are still after certain EX cards, and the fact that they're out of print only makes them more valuable.

Metalizard said:
I only got 1 question: How will I put the legend cards in the active position?

now think about it...

One half of a Legends card is horizontal. So you have to place two horizontal cards above each other on the active slot. So it isn't that bad.

The Reaver said:
I think the LEGEND mechanic is an AWESOME way to go, actually. It isn't like "Fusion" from Yu-Gi-Oh at all since you need both halves in your hand.

Also, I have a hunch about the Great Pokemon mechanic. I'll bet that they can only be evolved while Active and that they can't become Benched, since they "specialize in battling." It's just a guess, but what do you guys think?
That's an interesting observation... If that holds true, then Gatr won't be nearly as broken as everyone's saying if you can't just hold him on the bench.

Lolmonster said:
A gatr deckisn't a gajillion dollars, he'll be in a tin.

How would we know this? I don't believe they release the same tins in Japan, and this set isn't even released there lol

The Reaver said:

And this does seem very reasonable... I think they will be able to bench them but maybe there will be more penalties for it, becauase Ferali is the only one shown so far who is broken unless he has to remain active... and the bench is supposed to be, in essence, the pokemon in the pokeball. So not being able to return a pokemon to the ball would be a little silly unless it's Charizard =]

The Great Pokemon have a retreat cost on their cards, so it seems pretty likely they'll be able to retreat.

í was very surprised that the format was changed
although it's a new block í thought it would just be a continuation of Dp and Pt since it's still 4th gen
i'm a collector, and í really don't like some of the changes they've made in the card layout
í personally HATE the Legends artwork
it's too realistic for me (especially Lugia)
and the artwork border for Great Pokémon is really not pleasing

now about the game mechanics
since we don't know how exactly Legends and Greats are going to be played í can't really comment on that yet XD

Hyunbin said:

I feel the exact opposite. I think the realistic artwork is a great turn, and something they should have done a long time ago. The depth and intensity of the art of these legend cards is unrivaled in the tcg, which is definitely helped by the fact that the picture takes up almost an entire card lol. I also really like how the text is all slanted and unorderly... I hope they keep it that way on the English version.

It looks like they are trying to make B-L-S playable again. But I HATE the new rule that you have to play 2 legend cards. I feel like we are going back to the expensive ex days.

Guys, the old sets will be rotated slowly. Next year they'll rotate to Pl-On, then the year after to Legends-On. This is speculation, but ATM there won't be enough Legends sets to make a format even by next year.

From a gameplay standpoint, it sounds like an interesting mechanic, but then you realize it's just an attempt to milk everybody for more money by selling half a card. Imagine the excitement when you pull Ho-Oh's feet.

Terrible cards so far... I hope they count as basics... roseanne would own :) I <3 the art. The art makes them worth collecting... the effects aren't as important

TruTruSky said:
The Great Pokemon have a retreat cost on their cards, so it seems pretty likely they'll be able to retreat.

Well, that could just be used for Pokemon who have effects depending on other Pokemon's retreat costs (can't think of any examples at the moment, but I know that there are some out there). It's the same thing for Azelf Lv. X having a weakness, even though its Poke-Body says it doesn't have one.

Either way, it's just a hunch. I'm disappointed that they don't elaborate on Great Pokemon on the actual card like they did with Pokemon-ex and Pokemon Lv. X, though.

Believenstyle said:
And this does seem very reasonable... I think they will be able to bench them but maybe there will be more penalties for it, becauase Ferali is the only one shown so far who is broken unless he has to remain active... and the bench is supposed to be, in essence, the pokemon in the pokeball. So not being able to return a pokemon to the ball would be a little silly unless it's Charizard =]

Lol, well, I'm not too sure about that. Pokemon shouldn't be able to damage other Pokemon that are in Poke Balls.

Hyunbin said:
and the artwork border for Great Pokémon is really not pleasing
Agreed!

Dances with Ninjas said:
Imagine the excitement when you pull Ho-Oh's feet.
LOL!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

They're ruining Pokemon! Pokemon's starting to be all about chance, "to play two Pokemon at the same time." Feraligatr's gonna make me mad, but I've got a trick up my sleeve....GLACEON LV.X is BACK! Or, just use Aerodactyl MD.

Feraligatr HG/SS + Dialga G LV.X = MBDOAT (Most Broken Deck Of All Time)

The Legends? Oh, MAN! I hate that idea of playing two cards at the same time! You're gonna have to buy more and more packs, it's gonna stink. Marketing for PUSA!

I wish they could've just stuck with the LV.X's like this year, instead of bringing back a whole bunch of Pokemon...and what's with Lugia's Type? {W}?

Guys. Get a grip.

Remember LV. X's? You had to have the card that came before the LV. X before you could play the LV. X. Now you just need two cards. We'll get them the same way we always have - Uxie, Claydol, Bebe's and Luxury Ball for these (it only says no LV. X's). It's too bad about how much it will take to get four of these cards, but it was possible in the ex days, it will be possible now. For all we know, if you buy a box you'll get three or four legend cards, like we get 3 or 4 LV. X cards now. Sure, it would be nice if they kept LV. X's and took the reprints/shinies out, but the game is changing. And this isn't exactly a bad change.

As far as the rest of the set, it looks awesome so far. Without donks, all these cards are playable, though Meganium and Gyarados aren't exactly awesome. It's possible Typhlosion could bring some slower decks like Plox back because it can attach to the active as well. Feraligatr is just awesome and it's not like Ho-oh is bad. Also note that we have a lot more of the set to see, including (5 I think) great Pokemon.

As far as collecting, which I'm not very enthusiastic about anymore, you've got these "half cards", great Pokemon and awesome artwork on pretty much everything.

The whole Great Pokemon theory doesn't make sense to me. If they have some special rule for them, they would have put it on the card.
Lastly, take a look at the three great Pokemon and Gyarados. Even though they clearly have room for a Pokedex entry, they didn't put them on those Pokemon.

I don't really see the use for these Great Pokémon, but they'll probably end up getting support. A for these Legends, I love those. The Ho-Oh is horrible although it's art is so freaking awesome. As for the concept of it, I'm a bit confused if it takes 1 Pokémon-place or 2 Pokémon-places.

I don't think Ho-Oh is that bad. It can do a consistent 100 for 4, and that Energy that it discards comes back through either Heatran or this new Typhlosion GP (Great Pokemon). If the format slows down enough, this might actually become really good.

For all of you complaining about having to spend more money on the LEGEND cards, don't. The fact that you're playing a TCG means you're gonna spend money whether you like it or not lol.

Back