'Legendary Collection Box' in November

Hi there! I can answer the question about early releases!

At Target where alot of them are being released early, there is something that is called the White Box Program. It is a box from the people who usually stock the card aisles, but this box is stocked by normal employees because the other guys can't always be there.

There is a flyer inside and the flyer explains what can be released on special dates, This is the Red category, and the Blue category is "Release Immediately".

Last night in my Target the paper had all Break items (A generic picture is on the poster of each item, like the purple mewtwo elite trainer box was used to represent all, and the Greninja tin was used to represent all); but all Break items were in the BLUE category meaning they are to be released immediately when the box ARRIVES.

Sometimes the third party that stocks will bring it with them as soon as they get it which could be 1-2 weeks early, or it could just be the Monday before. Typically the third party stocks once or twice a week so the White box program was started so that limited merchandise or super popular items hit the shelves on time/ or early.

This doesn't count for the brown boxes with purple tape, or brown tape, but just the white boxes with yellow tape.

Sometimes the third party that stocks will bring it with them as soon as they get it which could be 1-2 weeks early, or it could just be the Monday before. Typically the third party stocks once or twice a week so the White box program was started so that limited merchandise or super popular items hit the shelves on time/ or early.
Is the third party supposed to come on a specific date, meaning that they're currently bringing in the product too early / not when they're supposed to? Or is it my "release by" theory the case?

Is the third party supposed to come on a specific date, meaning that they're currently bringing in the product too early / not when they're supposed to? Or is it my "release by" theory the case?
It's definitely a little of both.

They don't stock every week so it comes with them when they do. so usually it's early because if you don't stock for 2 weeks but the product HAS to be there, it comes 2 weeks early.

From the flier I saw only frozen, star wars and a few baseball card items had street dates or register locks.

At Target where alot of them are being released early, there is something that is called the White Box Program. It is a box from the people who usually stock the card aisles, but this box is stocked by normal employees because the other guys can't always be there.

Sometimes the third party that stocks will bring it with them as soon as they get it which could be 1-2 weeks early, or it could just be the Monday before. Typically the third party stocks once or twice a week so the White box program was started so that limited merchandise or super popular items hit the shelves on time/ or early..

All I could think of was a Pepsi guy stocking the pokemon shelves lmao

A friend of mine works at Target in the back/stock room and he's constantly finding and teasing me with pictures of all new Pokemon stuff way ahead of time. But it does make a lot of sense, if the actual distributor employee can't make it to somewhere by a release date, just have the store employees put stuff up for them.

Doesn't always work that way though. Neither Target or Walmart had any of that BREAK stuff out. The only places that had anything were Gamestop and my at the moment local card shop.

Meanwhile as a Kmart employee we have three boxes of cards sitting in the back because no rep has come in to date and we aren't allowed to put them on the floor. Though as an employee I can get them and purchase them if I ever had a need too.

When buying the Hoopa and Pikachu boxes look closely at the full arts, all of mine have excessive edgewear. To the point where the card is covered in little yellow strips that have come off of the edges.

I'm not sure if all boxes have this or just mine but I'm regretting buying these instead of the Japanese box.

I don't know if anyone mentioned it but these tins can come with pencils with Hoopa and Pikachu or Hoopa Unbound and Mega Rayquaza. Not sure if they are different production runs or random.

I want Arceus for sure. Him and BRT Smeargle just seem like loads of fun. Can even use him with Solar Birth Volcarona for more silly shenanigans.
Arcerus ex or just Arcerus?

I am getting it now, it just came out where I am. I CAN"T WAIT TO SEE WHAT I GET!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back