Collecting Legendary Collection Booster Box Rare?

spitfire42

Aspiring Trainer
Hi there, ive been getting into booster boxes and have had a hard time finding the legendary collection booster box which was one of the first gens, seems extremely expensive. Anyone know why they are so rare?

Attachments

• 104870.jpg
    104870.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 8
Moved from the TCG Help & Advice to the Collector's Showcase & Pulls as the OP is asking about the booster boxes themselves rather than what booster box to buy, or other similar questions. ~bbninjas

Yes, it is very rare. It's highly sought after by collectors (due largely to the unique reverse foil pattern) and by graders (due to generally high value when graded well).

Yes, it is very rare. It's highly sought after by collectors (due largely to the unique reverse foil pattern) and by graders (due to generally high value when graded well).

On top of that, it's very old by this point (over 13 years!) and many boxes have been opened or are being held onto by collectors, so the supply is very low.

Personally, I'd love to get even a few packs from the set, but I don't think it's very likely. :p

O_O

Old school Box

Should be a really good catch for any collection

. . .

Some extra Information I found:

Legendary Collection
Cards in set
Set number 12
Release date May 24, 2002
Theme Decks Turmoil (
13px-Water-attack.png
13px-Lightning-attack.png
)
Lava (
13px-Fire-attack.png
13px-Fighting-attack.png
)

:eek: It comes out of the 2000
mmmmhhh, I have some good memories of those years (2000 - 2004)

Last edited:
Yea i thought so, thanks alot for all the info! I have a legendary aritcuno and wanted to get more cards from the set but packs r big money and boxes dont even sell anymore.

You can still buy singles from many places, if you're not a stickler for pack pulling. For example, Troll & Toad even has a section for Legendary Collection cards. Myself, I'm loathe to buy singles, so it's not for me, but if there's certain cards you'd like (especially those unique RHs), then it's a cheaper option than buying packs, for sure.

This is actually one of the booster boxes I own that is sealed. I don't remember it being one of the more expensive booster boxes, when I bought it.

Unfortunately it isn't that easy to get your hands on some of the older (and rarer) booster boxes anymore. Shame for those of us with no interest in the newer sets.

Yea i am not a fan of single buying either, only want sealed boxes which are alot of money, love the original collection of boxes and some are very hard to find. I envy you lol that box is worth alot of money now

Back