News 'Legendary Battle Decks' Featuring Ho-Oh and Lugia in May!

taschen88

Aspiring Trainer
Ohyas! A guarantee to obtain Ho-Oh-EX!! Finally!!
Good matchup IMO, Lugia-EX may be cheaper in card value but it's still playable in Standard and it's one powerful attacker that could fit any deck. Expecting rainbow birb to drop in card value so I can get a few copies for myself! :p
Disclaimer: I only play the online version of TCG. :)

Jake_Silberman

Competitive PTCG Player
Wow, the good versions of each? Wasn't expecting that to happen. I'm not really interested in the Lugia one (unless the coin is really cool) because I already have three copies of Lugia, but none of Ho-Oh, so I'll be getting 1-2 Ho-Oh decks for sure.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I will be getting this for sure. It's super odd to see two Pokemon from different eras of the TCG being released together like that but I guess Lugia didn't get an EX till Plasma.

Will this make Ho-Oh EX Standard again ?

Nope.

GengarGuy

PUMPKABOO SLAYER
Seems like they will always be out of stock for the ho oh deck
does this mean that the Ho oh EX will drop down to like 4 buck a piece?

Eden95

Aspiring Trainer
Are legendary battle decks their own subsets like half decks are do they actually have the set symbol for Dragons Exalted etc?

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Are legendary battle decks their own subsets like half decks are do they actually have the set symbol for Dragons Exalted etc?
They will most likely have the set symbol of their original appearance. So Ho-Oh will have the Dragons Exhalted logo, Lugia Ancient Origins etc. :)

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
What color energy will the Lugia-EX/Blissey deck have? It's colorless... will it have foil DCE? :eek:

If they stick fully to Colorless Pokemon, I would guess Fighting or Metal, since neither of those energy has been holographic in a Battle Arena deck-type product yet. Grass being an honourable mention since its last appearance was the very first Battle Arena-type product, the Red Genesect Collection.