Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for 3DS

Tsuki64

sooooooooooup
I'm pretty happy about this. Ocarina of Time is still a great game, but it'll be much more enjoyable with better graphics, and it may attract new fans.

I wonder if the Happy Mask Salesman will still be creepy...

Claus

and lucas
Ohohoho, I am so super excited about this 8D

The great thing is that they're not afraid to tinker! Miyamoto himself said he did not want to just slap on 3D graphics and call it a remade game. He said they're enjoying adding new features, as we've already seen from the general interface in some screenshots. Item managing will be so much easier now; it was tad clunky in the original.

But I can't wait to see what other features they'll add or changes they'll make. I'm keeping an open mind!

If nothing else, it's just another reason to play through OoT again, which is great with me any day. Just to clarify, I played OoT for the first time 2 years ago, so I'm no nostalgia slave here; I think OoT is a fantastic gameplay experience even without nostalgia.

One thing I'm most interested in is what they're going to do with the music. I'm assuming they're redoing it all, it being a remake and all... Still, I wonder. Koji Kondo composed the entire soundtrack of OoT (one of the reasons I have so much respect for him). However, since composing for OoT, he has been slowly giving more and more control of the music to his underlings, himself being the overseer. Which is certainly fine and all, his underlings do a great job (see Spirit Tracks), but I wonder who'll do the music this time? Koji did the entire thing back in the day, but now that he doesn't compose much for the series... Will he do the remixes?

By the way, I disagree with about half of that IGN article. Touch control? Please oh please no, leave that for the top-down games. Sheik fleshed out? The whole reason Sheik is such an awesome character is because we know so very little; leave the in-depth nonsense for the fanfics, please.

AadmM

Doin' It Right
Definitely looking forward to this one. I just hope I have enough money to buy it after getting the 3DS, Pokemon Black, and Skyward Sword :p

What we've seen so far is looking gorgeous, graphics-wise. I just hope the give the same treatment to other aspects of the game--I'm not sure if the 3DS could handle orchestration, like what IGN's hoping for, but it'll be interesting nonetheless to see how they tinker with the original tracks, if at all.

Controls are another thing I'm looking forward to trying, too. I'd definitely like to see them put the touch screen to good use, without going overboard with it. Make it so we can use our thumbs to access items, menus and such while moving around with the analog nub. It would make all the latter dungeons flow soooo much smoother not having to pause constantly to switch gear.

And of course, after this game is all said and done there's always the potential for a Majora's Mask remake. Make it happen, Nintendo! Please? ^^

Claus

and lucas
Just so you know AadmM, the 3DS could probably handle orchestration. There are some songs already on the DS that were preformed (several Professor Layton songs). I'm pretty sure, anyway :s

Though, I certainly don't think it's necessary at all to have orchestration in OoT 3DS. Skyward Sword already has confirmed orchestration, and that's better because they can build an entire soundtrack with an orchestra in mind. OoT's soundtrack was definitely not built with an orchestra in mind, and there's only like two songs that use more than 2-3 instruments. An orchestra would be completely unnecessary, as I see it anyway.

Coastal Biology

Aspiring Trainer
Oh it's as if every dream I've ever had is comming true. The game itself is simply incredible but the improved graphics will make it the only game I play for years. Haha I can't wait for the Water Temple.

Empoleon#1

Empoleon is an emperor
I`ve never played the original(or any Zelda game) so i`m looking forward to this game and i will definitely try to get it. I want to see what they will do for adding the extra stages, will they be secret areas? or something similar to that.

Zenith

||||
Wouldn't it be cool if they used the Master Quest version, or had it as an option?

...I think that that would be cool.

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
All 3DS games work only on a 3DS system. So no, it wouldn't work on any of the past DS systems.

This game is looking pretty good. Even though it is another remake, the game is the best ever and 3D just sweetens the deal.

dmaster out.

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
Might be worth getting a 3DS...people (myself included) have been wanting a true OoT remake (not just updated dungeons ala Master Quest), and I can't wait to see what Nintendo can do. It's astounding that merely 12/13 years later, handheld graphics are just as good (if not better, in some cases) than console ones were.

Bawksie

(:
Good thing I never really dl'd anything important onto my dsi. I plan to trade it in to Gamestop again to get the 3ds for cheaper.

Pokeman

The great snake rules forever!
If you do this Ethan you won't be able to play normal DS games, I think the 3DS only plays 3DS games.

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The 3DS can play all previous DS games, you are correct.

Also, it can transfer DSi Downloaded games, so honestly, there's really no drawback to downloading lol.

dmaster out.