Discussion League Challenges - What to Play?

GengarGuys

"Pickle Enthusiast"
So League Challenges are my favorite tournament in the Pokemon competitive scene. I love them because the competitive tension is at a low, and so are the rounds. They are also a good testing environment and are prevalent throughout the year. Here are some of my favorite plays at league challenges in Standard and in Expanded.

Expanded:

Regiggias/Jynx/FFB/Jamming Net/Potions/Darkrai

Regiggias has the attack Daunt which does 80 and block 40 damage next turn. With Jynx you can heal 10 damage and FFB adds 40 HP along with 10 damage and Jamming Net is basically a reverse Hard Charm attached to an opponents EX pokemon. Darkrai gives free retreat and potions heal.

40 + 20 + 10 + 20 + 40 + 20 = 150 damage blocked

Weavile/Exeggcute/Loppuny

Weavile has the attack Vilify which does 30 damage for each pokemon you discard from your hand. Along with 4 Exeggcutes and a 3-3 line of Loppuny here is some math.

30x4 + 30x2 + 20 + 10 = 210
Eggs Bunnies MBand RValley
It is a very fun deck and can be faster then you think. You can also add in Deoxys for fun.

Standard:

Latios/Vileplume

With the Fast Raid attack doing 40 and a muscle band adding 20 you can do 60 for one energy on the first turn and when combined with Vileplume you can lock up your opponents and win.

So there are my top picks for League Challenges if you want to have some fun. Thanks for reading. :D -Gengar

Back