Tournament League Challenge 4-0 with Fairy Glaceon GX/Welder

Pokeman

The great snake rules forever!
I just won a league challenge with this list I’ve been cooking up for days! I’m telling all you people on here beach, that Idk if deck creative players are not around as much as they used to, but guys this deck has gotten me success at my local events like crazy! I just recently pulled the idea of my current Glaceon GX/Welder deck, and etched it out with Fairy. This deck smokes a lot of great meta game decks. Glaceon GX has the most dominating ability in the entire game, combo with it two really good attacks, makes him a deep threat to anyone trying to pull out some victories in the current era. Here are the exact 60 I used & practiced with for days.

Glaceon GX/Welder

4 Jirachi
3 Eevee GX
2 Glaceon GX
1 Sylveon
1 Vaporeon
1 Alolan Ninetales
1 Ditto
1 Mymikyu GX
1 Deddenne GX
1 Marshadow
1 Giratina (Distortion Door)

4 Welder
4 Cherish Ball
3 Viridian Forest
3 Pokémon Communication
3 Pokegear 3.0
2 Cynthia
2 Mallow & Lana
2 Great Catcher
2 Switch
2 Energy Recycle System
1 Erika’s Hospitality
1 Cynthia & Caitlin
1 Reset Stamp
1 Lana’s Fishing Rod
1 Escape Board

2 Water
2 Fairy
7 Fire

Here’s what makes it as good as I claim...
ADP gets a suffering from Sylveon to start this off. Now Mewtwo/Mew suffers from not having its ability. And can’t keep up with the damage the bench are taking from 30 snipes. Both Glaceon GX and Mimikyu GX are your card sweepers, both have an attack that adds a massive amount of damage for each damage counter on your opponents active Pokémon. With 4 counters on a benched ADP, which is an amazing combo with Giratina. Place 10 damage on two bench is really good, it puts Jirachi’s in two shot range as well! When you play Reshizard swing at them for 180 they can’t knock you out if you set up with a benched Vaporeon to take this match down. Your opponent can’t mallow & Lana two Pokémon so your second target with Glaceon GX becomes your actual target, using Great Catcher and using your GX attack or Mimikyu GX to clean up and fast! This deck wrecks Gardeon with the Alolan Ninetales tech and anything else that is playing all Tag teams. In my opinion you’re looking at the best deck in the current format! Not kidding! The main thing is that it’s very consistent!

Last edited:
Notable optional card to add to this broken deck is a Tapu Lele UPR to get around Mew if it’s being played.

Doesn't look too bad, but I got a couple questions. Basically, my local shop are running tournaments where you can win free entry to SwSh pre-releases. If my deck doesn't do great, I will consider running a "rogue" deck. So, What matchups did you go against at the League Challenge? How exactly did they go (like what have you learned from the matchups, what you would have done differently etc)? And how does this deck do against Melcario GX? And by the way, how does Mimikyu GX work in this deck?

Mimikyu GX works nearly the same your Glaceon GX’s GX attack, you’re decoying your opponents active Pokémon when really you are targeting the bench for a massive hit, which makes their Mallow & Lana’s useless really. I played Mewtwo & Mew, Charizard, Malamar & ADP. I 6-0ed both ADP & Mewtwo & Mew. The other games they drew a couple prizes. I never played Melcario in matchups because it’s not really ran as much as the other top decks around here.

Back