'League Battle Decks' Info Revealed, Replacing Battle Arena Decks!

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Maybe, but we said the same thing about jirachi.

Honestly, the reason they won't is largely that they already are pretty low. Both had easily obtainable promo versions, and neither is a top deck right now (both are _good_ decks, but neither is BDIF or anything like that).

Both are a bit under $10 right now, which means a $25 deck that has two of them (and not much else of real value) won't move the needle on their price very much; it might drop it a dollar or two but not much.

Unless they're second fiddle to something better in the deck, anyway - i.e., Jirachi, or something equivalent (though I can't imagine what else could be in either deck that would be equivalent).

ShaunTheBoufflant

Like No One Ever Was
They might even come with custom catchers which played a part in many league decks. I think pokemon are finally responding to reducing the value on the second market and making it cheaper to play the game, the same way yugioh have been doing for a while?

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Oh crap these give new players a way better gateway into competitive! So glad they're making these!
I just hope they end up doing more Expanded cards soon. They've hugely improved making certain things accessible to players (See every TTGX tin in the last year), but I really really hope Expanded can get a similar treatment soon.

FourteenAlmonds

Helipotile
Daaaamnnn. With these, the Zacian V tins, and one more SWSH Prerelease kit that I still want to get... man, that’s a lot of money to be going out all at once. I would prefer it by a mile if they staggered the releases of these high-demand products by a month or so.

Cynaptex

Aspiring Trainer
This is so cool! I've always wanted to try to get into the competitive scene, but never really had the money or know-how to build a good deck. This just makes that so much easier which I love.

dmein89

Aspiring Trainer
Honestly, the reason they won't is largely that they already are pretty low. Both had easily obtainable promo versions, and neither is a top deck right now (both are _good_ decks, but neither is BDIF or anything like that).

Both are a bit under $10 right now, which means a $25 deck that has two of them (and not much else of real value) won't move the needle on their price very much; it might drop it a dollar or two but not much.

Unless they're second fiddle to something better in the deck, anyway - i.e., Jirachi, or something equivalent (though I can't imagine what else could be in either deck that would be equivalent).

We don't know what other cards are included though. If this has dedenne, jirachi, or marnie it will be the same as before where these will never be in stock.

TeamBellsprout

Aspiring Trainer
Crossing my fingers that these will bring back the non-holo jirachis, if they do, I might stand a fighting chance at Fort Wayne, as I only have one sleepy boi

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
While the products themselves seem good, I just wish the packaging wasn't so "Biggerer is betterer!" I get that they want to actually show the three GX's, but how much space does the packaging really need for the rest of the contents? They've been doing this for years...

Anyway. Trifle over. I'll be interested to see what other cards are included later.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
While the products themselves seem good, I just wish the packaging wasn't so "Biggerer is betterer!" I get that they want to actually show the three GX's, but how much space does the packaging really need for the rest of the contents? They've been doing this for years...

Anyway. Trifle over. I'll be interested to see what other cards are included later.
That's always kinda been one of my gripes with some of Pokemon's TCG products. A lot of their box sets they do have to be AS LARGE AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE TO ATTRACT ATTENTION when most of it is completely unnecessary fluff. I'd prefer they go more like how they do with their ETBs and just pack it without too much extra.

After looking at this one though, all things considered it isn't horrible in comparison, from what I'm looking at with the contents they might be able to pack everything in a decently compact way given the dice/counters, the manuals, etc. but I hope they shrink down with some of their REALLY unnecessarily large products.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
acrylic gx marker?

I mean, this is an awesome entry point. Compare to other tcgs, where certain chase cards are intentionally withheld for profit.

signofzeta

Aspiring Trainer
The funny thing about the large box sets' packaging attracting attention is that most local game stores and even big box stores in my area lay these box sets on its side, thus mitigating the "wow" factor from potential impulse buyers buying this by looking at the front of the product.

It's as if TPCi doesn't understand that there is something called shelf space or something.