League 2012-2013 Prizes

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Blui, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Blui lv85 paladin
    Blui

Hello everyone! The prizes for the 2012-2013 have been announced!

Full Article
    Discuss what you think!

(I think that this really cool, we finally have gotten an actual badge-case! So awesome!)

2. Nintendan Aspiring Trainer
    Nintendan

Whoa!! That is absolutely amazing!
    Getting code cards alone would me very happy, but this Badge case looks really awesome! It'd be great to have a completed one.

3. Scorched Feathers forgetful
    Scorched Feathers

Activities Staff Member

Okay I'm going to try HARD to get these!

4. Pope Aspiring Trainer
    Pope

Just ordered my Badge case. It will supposedly get here for the Virbank Gym season... Now I just need to work on completing it :D

On a semi-related note, does anyone know what the challenges for the new Gyms are?

5. Vast ~ ★ ~ ★ ~ ★ ~
    Vast

Badge Case is a good way to keep track of all of them. xD

I wonder if the pre-existing badges are the same as the new ones?

6. PumpedAaron S Type Armor
    PumpedAaron

Hmm, so this will be the first time we have a Badge Case to go with our League! Do people who buy it get exclusive rewards??

7. UnpokemonMom Aspiring Trainer
    UnpokemonMom

I don't know if you can buy the badge case, but if you log onto pokemon.com, you can order it.

8. o0Flint0o Average "CoolTrainer"
    o0Flint0o

So they are making regular badges again?
    Last time I got a badge (And the only time), it was a badge in a badge.
    It was a shield-shaped one with the picture of the badge inside. I'm pretty sure you guys know what I mean. It's this.

9. AnUnown The Pokellector
    AnUnown

From what I've seen and heard, the badges will actually be "cut out", not images on another shape

10. Alaska formerly princemeat skarmheart
    Alaska

These're actually really cool. I don't have a league where I live, but a friend of mine just passed the Professor test and he's working hard to get us one.
    I doubt I'll be able to get any of these badges but they're pretty wicked.

11. Card Slinger J #BringBackNationalDex
    Card Slinger J

On the bright side it's better than what Wizards and Hasbro are doing with Kaijudo in regards to their League Badges. Yes that's right Kaijudo is copying off of Pokemon!

12. dbgoldberg323 TCG Professor, League Owner
    dbgoldberg323

Yeah, this all seems cool. I ordered 10-players worth of junk for the brand new league I started at my local store, because we're going to have 10 players, but Pokémon only wants to send me 5-players worth of stuff. I just sent them an email and asked what I'm supposed to tell the other 5 players. Good f-in times. This isn't the first time Pokémon has done this.

13. Akamu54 Bagon Farmer
    Akamu54

On the top it looks like storage for two 3DS games...

14. Blui lv85 paladin
    Blui

That's what it is, but it can also hold regular DS games, because the 3DS games are the cartridge with a little thingy sticking out :p

15. Card Slinger J #BringBackNationalDex
    Card Slinger J

I still would've prefered League Promos over a stupid Badge Case and new Gym Badges, the reason why is because it reduces the cost of how much you pay for them and so far the main card that needs to be made into a League Promo (or in this case should've been) was Pokemon Catcher.

Beggars can't be choosers... -___-

16. Furn Aspiring Trainer
    Furn

Oh wow, I didn't notice this, that just makes it perfect.

I really hope people end up selling theirs, I don't to end up playing and driving an hour there and back again just to get this completed.

(If they even reward them out outside of American on top of that, in fact)

17. PumpedAaron S Type Armor
    PumpedAaron

Slinger makes a very good point by the way! I'm quite disheartened that I won't get glittery Promo's as prizes for emerging victoriously over the League Rounds! TPCi is supposedly making up for this by awarding special TCG Online Code Cards but.... phoo boy, I SURE hope PTCG Online becomes awesome later on!

18. Card Slinger J #BringBackNationalDex
    Card Slinger J

I mainly see PTCGO just like how every TCG has theirs, use it as a tool to playtest decks for upcoming sanctioned tournaments and events. That's really what the Online format does is to help you playtest decks for other formats...

19. FUGGNUTZ AKA General Gengar
    FUGGNUTZ

If you're going to playtest online, use PlayTCG so you and your opponent have a complete cardpool. Another advantage to using PlayTCG is that if you pair yourself against a random opponent, they most likely won't be playing a bad deck; 9 times out of 10, they are playtesting too.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?