Playthrough LeafGreen Nuzlocke - The Twist

WanderingWolf

Only *insert number here* days to go!
LEAFGREEN NUZLOCKE

So, because of how many people were posting Nuzlockes, I decided to do the right thing... And post another. EXCEPT THIS TIME MAKE IT SUPER DUPER WOOPER HARD ON MYSELF TO THE POINT WHERE ITS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE, I GIVE UP BUT STILL SUCCEED ANYWAY, AND YOU ALL LOVE ME!

Rules (of doom):

1. I must nickname every Pokemon I catch. (And yes, they will be Pokebeach members)

2. I can only catch the first Pokemon of a Route.

3. I will be using the dupes clause.

4. If a pokemon faints, it has died, I may put it in the box, and at the end of a game, a special ceremony will be held.

5. For every post in thread, if they say, I may buy one single item of their choice.
e.g. James86134, in Chapter 8, I sponsor you a (insert item here)

-----

I started the game, but I have done nothing involving choosing anything, names starter anything whatsoever.

So. For a first part, anyone reading, post in the thread which starter (Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle) I should choose.

I watch as a blue screen flashes in front of me, explaining these weird buttons. Then a screen pops up, showing a whole bunch of writing and Pikachu, the thing that basically turned this world to crap. Too bad I can't read. So I wait until it skips past it.

Then an old man appears.
"NO! I've been alive long enough to know that creepy old men exist that steal children and... And--"
"Welcome to the world of Pokemanz!" The man says.
"Oh." My face almost become exactly flat and I hear the dull drone of his stupid voice. "Its you."
"My name is OAK."
"Why did you yell your name." The man stops, then shrinks me with his powers and I fall into a strange world. I fall to my death.
"WAIT, YOU NEED TO ASK MAH NAME... AND IF I HAVE WEIRD BITS!!!"
But alas, I fall to my death and am knocked unconscious.

---

My name is Leon, and I am a boy, not that Oak asked. I hate Pokemon, and wish that I wasn't stuck in this eternal world of damnation. I wish that I could leave. Just walk away. I wish that Pokemon never existed. But of course, like every 10 year old, I need to go on a journey. Something I wasn't ready for. Something that no 10 year old should be ready for. But of course, #pokemonlogic .

I awake to a dull, white room. I already know where I am, but it lacks the familiarity of my bedroom.
"Ugh. Today's the freaking day. Time to go get killed by a Rattata or something..." I hold my head, hoping the pain stops.

I listen for the sound of silence. No usual surprise, cake, gifts, good byes, congratulations. Nothing. Just absolute silence. I realise I'm holding my breath and decide to let it go. The crunch of my shag carpeting welcomes me as I stand. I find myself already in casual clothing.
"Damn it Oak." I mutter under my breath.
I walk outside the boring, silent home that used to be full of laughter and happiness into Pallet Town. It used to be a colourful, energetic town blossoming with people. Now, its just a place for a senile professor, myself, a punk and girls that have a thing for me. I'm just too good looking for my own sake.

I walk by Susie, Garyena and Lola. They all laugh at me as I trip up and stumble. And finally, the freshness and vibrancy or Route 1. I love it here. New smells every day, new sounds every day, new colours, new view. It is magnificent. But before I can settle myself in, a jumpy beat plays above me and the senile professor jumps behind me.
"It's unsafe! Wild Pokemon live in tall grass! You need your own Pokemon for your protection. I know! Here, come with me!"
"Wait. No, I have a pocke--" he literally grabs me and pulls me back to his lab. And the whole time I keep screaming, "HELP ME! STOP, HELP, STOP IT, PLEASE!" And he finally drags me back to his lab, Lola watching as I plead. She knows how much I hate Pokemon, and she does nothing to help.

Then Haunted Water comes up behind me... Oh no. (Haunted Water is Gary)
"Gramps, you idiot, I'm soooo sick of waiting!" Haunted whinges.
"Haunted Water, Let me think... Oh, wait... I told you to come to my special place. Wait a second. Leon, three pokemon choose one, then Haunted will get an advantage by picking the one tougher than yours."
"Thanks, but Haunted can have all three. I'm sure he'd like them more than me."
"Wow... Leon, thats so nice of you--"
"Leon, CHOOSE ONE!"
"Leon, I hate you." Haunted Water whispers to me... And I know the smell of his breathe could be enough to kill me.

I walk over to the three containment units held to keep the specimens called Pokemon. Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle.
Dinosaur, Dinosaur, Turtle. Great selection. I pick one at random and pick up Charmander. Great. With my luck, I just chose the species with the hardest meta game.

"There, old man, happy now?"
"Yes. Now Haunted Water, choose Squirtle."
"But-- Fine." I watch as Haunted grabs the containment unit holding Squirtle.
I decide to name Charmander, Drohn. I don't know why. Some Indian name that first popped into my head. Why not? Its just going to end up dying to Pidgey...

"NOW FIGHT. FIGHT. FIGHT. FIGHT. FIGHT!" Oak yells and points to me and Haunted Water. Great. Not a Pidgey, but a Squirtle.

Chapter 2 - The First Catch

I stare as Haunted Water raises his Squirtle. Even his pokemon hates me already. It licks its lips, and I know it can smell fresh blood.
"Haunted Water, would you mind keeping that vile thing on a leash?" I ask politely.
"Hell no. If you can beat me in battle, I'll leave you alone of course... For a little while."
"Ugh..." I think for about an hour, then reply. "Fine. Whatever." I send out Drohn to match Squirtle. A very vibrant, jumpy music starts to play. Maybe this town isn't so boring. Haunted flashes a pose, throwing his already sent out Squirtle to the ground harshly. I slowly place Drohn on the ground.
"Leon, battles are a challenge of strength. If you win, you kill the others pokemon and steal their money. Got it?"
I don't answer. I already knew all this crap. Fainting, items, HP, Exp, IV, EV, Stats, Types and Critcal Hits. Its all just meaningless numbers that are somehow integrated into life.

"Drohn... Use Scratch?" I mutter. Drohn instantly attacks, inflicting very minor damage. Great. Squirtle stares at me and tackles Drohn, still staring at me. I shiver. 'So creepy' I think.

"Drohn, scratch him again?" Squirtle continues to stare at me, even while being scratched. Drohn does one more hit, and the Squirtle faints. Haunted Water will hopefully leave me alone. And that's a win in my book.

I hear a little ding and realise, Drohn leveled up. And I defeated Haunted Water. Yes. Thank You. I might live another day.

I happily leave the lab, Haunted still shocked, Squirtle still staring at me, Drohn standing by my side. Over my shoulder I call out, "One - Zero Leon."

-----

I step into the grass, then realise I don't have any PokeBalls and step out. I was dangerously close to losing my first encounter. I visit every place in Pallet Town, hoping for someone to be there, to point me to my next location. I wanted this journey to be over quickly. After realising what I had to do, I step back into the grass. Rattatas immediately swarm to me, but I leave them... I didn't have any PokeBalls yet, so I could leave them until later.

-----

I step out of the grass, Drohn shivering behind me, now level 8. He had learned Ember, and for that, I was grateful. I decided to heal at the Center. One of the hundreds of clones welcomes me, heals my pokemon and wishes for them to die again soon. I leave immediately. I visit the market, remembering that Oak wants me to deliver a package. I shiver at the thought of what could be inside of the package. I hastily grab it and shove it in my bag, leaving quickly. I shove my hands in my pockets and walk out of the store, not talking to anyone.

-----

I arrive back in Pallet Town, Drohn level 9. With only a few battles, he had leveled up 4 times. This is going to be a breeze.

Oak welcomes me and grabs my bag, snatching the package. He rips open the box and pulls out a stuffed kitten. Who knows what the stuffing is...

"So, uh... What else do you want?" He rips open the kitten and eats the stuffing. In between bites, he mutters,
"I need you. To. Fill this. Pokedex. Thing with Pokemon. Go. Now. Here is 5 Pokéballs. All you need to catch 151 pokemon."
I leave. The Pokéballs should help, the PokeDex, not so much.

I decide to visit Lola, and tell her that the impossible happened, I'm going on a journey.

"Wait... Isn't Haunted going on a journey too?" She asks.
"Yes... And that's makes the journey SO. MUCH. BETTER!"
"Well... Town map, cake, congratulation... Bye." She turns back to her work and I leave.

-----

I walk out onto Route 1, the first arrival to my team being...

Rattata... And its only Level 3.

Ember away, Drohn. Ember narrows it to half health and I send out the first pokéball. Nope. Second. Nope. Third. Nope. I know Scratch and Ember will kill it so, maybe the fourth one? Yes. Finally.

I name it bacon. Maybe bacon's strong sense of humour will make up for how much Rattata sucked to catch.

Well... That's it for Route 1. "Whoo." I say aloud, sarcastically.

Chapter 3 - Viridian

I step through Route 1, trudging through slimy grass and thick mud. I take my first steps out after so many hours of training bacon... And he was only level 6.
"Finally. Bacon, try to be stronger, will you?" I say to his Pokéball.
As I say that, a rogue level 4 Pidgey comes up behind me... I send out Bacon, forgetting that he only has 4 health points...
"Bacon, use tackle." I say. Rattata does about half damage, putting the Pidgey in yellow. Pidgey strikes back with tackle... And I realise Bacon only has 4 health. I get ready for the first death, but it doesn't come, instead Bacon loses three HP. BACON LIVES. I smash the Pidgey into the ground, killing it.
"I hate all Pidgey's everywhere." I narrow my eyes at the dead Pidgey.

I trot along, Bacon and Drohn behind me, into Viridian.

Well... This Town is certainly more lively than Pallet. I slowly walk to each building, inspecting each of them. Eventually, I find nothing. I walk over to a small pathway to the left. It leads out into a place called Route 22. I decide why not, lets catch another addition to our team. And this time, it won't be another bacon.

I step into the tall grass, and the newest addition to our team is...
Not Rattata. Not Rattata. Another Rattata. Well, too bad I'm using the dupes clause. Next! Instead, another Rattata.

After six more Rattatas, I finally find something else... A MANKEY.

YESH, YESH, YESH, YESH, YESH!

"Brock, if I catch this, you're dead."
I send out bacon. Bacon uses Tackle without command, and Mankey uses Leer... Crap, if he uses an attacking move.
"Bacon, tackle." I say in a monotone voice. Mankey gets to about 2/5 HP. I only have one pokéball... Let it count.
I throw it, and... One harlem shake, two harlem shake, three Harlem shake!
YES!

Mankey is caught. I decide to name it DNA. Its fierce attitude is a perfect match... Maybe. [yes, sorry DNA, you didn't get starter, maybe next time]

With that, I now have three pokemon on my team... And because of that, I am happy.

I look at my team so far:

Drohn - Lvl 9
Bacon - Lvl 6
DNA - Lvl 4

Thank Arceus I have something to use against Brock. And then I realise something... I forgot to nickname it DNA. I clicked No...
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Well, lets just hope I don't forget that its DNA, not Mankey. I quickly run to the PokeCenter, heal my pokemon and go back to Route 22 to train DNA. My pokemon all come out Level 9. Oh joy.

Haunted Water arrived...

"Leon! You're off to the Pokemon League! Forget about it!" He inspects me. "Just what I thought, no badges. LETS FIGHT!"

He instantly throws a Pidgey out, and I throw DNA out... Not the greatest match ever. I carefully use Scratch, hoping Pidgey doesn't get a Crit on DNA. Pidgey uses Sand-Attack. I become greedy and use Scratch again. It misses. DNA takes 6 damage. I decide to do two more attacks, then I'll switch DNA out for bacon. Pidgey uses Sand-Attack, but I don't miss. One more attack, then I switch.

CRITICAL HIT. Foe Pidgey fainted. Yes, just the Squirtle now... The very creepy, creepy, Squirtle. I send out bacon as HW sends out Squirtle. Bacon does very little damage, but so does Squirtle.

CRITICAL HIT. Foe Squirtle fainted.

I won. I start to walk away, Pokemon barely scratched. "Two-zip Leon." I call out behind me.

-----

I walk back into Viridian, ready to heal my Pokemon. As I walk into the PokeCenter, I hear a moan. I ignore it, heal my Pokemon and hear it again. Its an old man.
"I need my coffee, woman!" He moans. I walk up to him, just as he slaps his wife. I back away, I do not want to get involved in domestic abuse. I slowly walk around him, trying to ignore him as he slaps his wife.

I move on up past the crazy man, and continue walking. I decide to check my bag... Nothing. But a PokeBall. I do the math and realise, I only used three Pokéball on bacon. I could catch another Pokemon up ahead. Yes... Please let it be Caterpie...

I step onto Route 2. Its empty. Nothing. Just a path leading North. I follow it, and hear a Pokemon cry. A large patch of grass. Yes. I walk in, slowly. The fourth addition to my team is...

Not Rattata again. I run away, hoping for something else...
Rattata... Again. Run away...
Rattata. Rattata. Rattata. My arceus, is it only Rattatas here? One more time:
DNA ends up grinding on the ten Rattatas that show up, when...
Pidgey. Good enough. At least I have something. I use scratch, hoping DNA isn't too strong. It narrows it to about 1/3 HP. Good. I have one chance at this, make it work, please. I throw the PokeBall and...
one shake, two shake, three shake. Yes!

Pidgey was caught. I decide to name it STrainer34. Not exactly a Salamence, but close enough.

Thank Arceus that STrainer34 showed up.
"Lets head further up..." I say cautiously. Another encounter with Haunted Water is not really something I want.

Oh no... Another area. Which means I can catch another Pokemon. But I don't have any PokeBalls... I immediately run from the area. I don't have any money. I can't buy any more PokeBalls. I stop, and think... What do I do?

I sit on a log in Route 2, thinking. I don't want to pass through Viridian, without catching a Pokemon... Hmm... I look at the ground, a slight jingle sounding. It gradually gets louder and I look up to see an Antidote and three Pokeballs fall to the ground.
"What? How does that work? I want it and it just magically falls from the sky?" I concentrate on wanting a Sneasel... But it doesn't come.
"Dang it!" I trot over to Viridian Forest once more, this time, ready to catch a Pokemon.

I step into the tall grass, waiting for my next addition to the team... But it doesn't come. I walk at least 20 steps, but nothing appears. I think to myself why this is happening, and I take one more step forward. As I take the step, a Weedle appears...

"Damn it Weedle! Ugh, go DNA!" I throw DNA's Pokéball out. "Use scratch!"
Scratch takes half damage and Weedle uses String Shot...
"I'll catch it, go PokeBall!" I throw one of my three PokeBalls out. One shake, two shake, three shake, STARS!
"Great. I'm going to name you... PMJ. Because I can."

I walk out of Route 201, pulling sticks, branches and leaves off my clothes and out of my hair. Six hours of training is obviously not healthy. I walk into Pewter City so slowly that it feels like I'm walking through honey.
"Ugh... Why am I so slow?" I ask myself. I look at my shoes. "Oh. That's right, its physically impossible to run unless I somehow find those special shoes everyone is wearing... Well, crap." I walk on, looking around. I had discovered another 3 pokéballs in Route 201, which was good. I was happy.
A gym, PokeMart and PokeCenter. Well, well. A gym. From what I hear, its rock... But, that can't be possible, since only one Pokemon is actually strong against rock at this point.

I walk in, my pokemon all ready and Lv16 and expect the hardest fight of my life. But I don't. Instead, I get lucky and Crit Hit both of Brocks pokemon.

I walk out, badge in hand and see Haunted Water outside, on the gutter, his head between his legs, in tears.

[animate]charmander[/animate]Charmander - Lvl 16 DROHN (I didn't evolve him to troll Drohn.)

[animate]rattata[/animate]Rattata - Lvl 16 - BACON

[animate]mankey[/animate]Mankey - Lvl 16 DNA

[animate]pidgey[/animate]Pidgey - Lvl 16 STRAINER34

[animate]weedle[/animate]Weedle - Lvl 16 PMJ

I'd post, but I don't want you to have any more money than you already do.
Oh wait.

In any case, choose Squirtle.

I'd say Bulbasaur so you have something to defend against Poisoning right away.

Bulbasaur is the best choice, with immunity to poison to get through Viridian Forest early, and then being super effective against both Brock and Misty.
So choose Charmander.

In all honesty it is mostly what difficulty you want him to have bulbasaur easy. charmander hard. and squirtle medium. i personally like har nuzlockes so charmander. besides he just needs to grind for metal claw for brock's gym.

So... At this point, I've got about half of you wanting me to die early. Ok, so I'll start the game in about 7 hours, the first update SHOULD be up, tonight about 7:30pm AEST.

Until then, keep making the game harder. I really want this to be a challenge.

Prologue is up... And I'm a douche (lol at it saying Poopy instead of somthing else) for not even starting the game yet (I did the Oak thing off memory)

I'll start later today, or tomorrow, since I have guests over.

I know its rushed. I wrote it in 15 minutes.

Anyway, Updated with Chapter 1, which barely has anything game wise since I believe its about 700 words.

I feel honoured that I get to be Charmander! I chose Charmander in my first game (red) and it's my favourite! Although..., my name is not Norwegian it's Indian. -_-

Lol @Haunted Water being Gary.
My name is Leon, and I am a boy, not that Oak asked.
He doesn't need to ask. He confirmed it when you were sleeping.

Liking the story! Better not let Charmander die!!
Edit: Also, you're welcome for the 100 PokéDollar.

Drohn, fixed it.

Second, I'm having too much fun with this and it may turn out that I spend a single chapter in a city...

Third, if this actually ends up being long, I may refine it, change it a bit and post it in TWC... Since it isn't exactly the most perfect piece...

Anyway, *UPDATED*

EDIT: I'll also post when your posts start to count as, me being able to buy. Until then... They don't count.

I decided to change the rules. Instead of gaining 100 PokeDollars for every post, with a max of 600; The new rule will be:

4 (or 5). For every post in thread, if they say, I may buy one single item of their choice.

e.g. James86134, in Chapter 8, I sponsor you a (insert item here)

Ok? Great. I decided that having 600 bucks per Chapter would be too hard, since I wouldn't be allowed to buy Ultra Balls, Super Potions and other stuff.

Congratz on bacon train him long and hard teach him tunderbolt and umm if i can i would like to sponser a potion :p

*UPDATED*

Housekeeping:

Chapters will now, start being uploaded every 3-5 days. I will try to abide by this...

Now is when sponsoring will count. In between chapters, you may post feedback, and if you please,

SPONSOR: [insert item here]

This will allow me to buy one single thing... Or you can just leave me, and make the challenge harder...

Items available to me:

Potion
PokeBall
Paralyz Heal
Antidote

SPONSOR: Poké Ball!

Hooray, you caught a DNA! I'm glad you're making progress with Drohn and that he hasn't died yet.

Then Haunted Water comes up behind me... Oh no. (Haunted Water is Gary)
"Gramps, you idiot, I'm soooo sick of waiting!" Haunted whinges.
"Haunted Water, Let me think... Oh, wait... I told you to come to my special place. Wait a second. Leon, three pokemon choose one, then Haunted will get an advantage by picking the one tougher than yours."
"Thanks, but Haunted can have all three. I'm sure he'd like them more than me."
"Wow... Leon, thats so nice of you--"
"Leon, CHOOSE ONE!"
"Leon, I hate you." Haunted Water whispers to me... And I know the smell of his breathe could be enough to kill me.

I walk over to the three containment units held to keep the specimens called Pokemon. Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle.
Dinosaur, Dinosaur, Turtle. Great selection. I pick one at random and pick up Charmander. Great. With my luck, I just chose the species with the hardest meta game.

"There, old man, happy now?"
"Yes. Now Haunted Water, choose Squirtle."
"But-- Fine." I watch as Haunted grabs the containment unit holding Squirtle.
I decide to name Charmander, Drohn. I don't know why. Some Indian name that first popped into my head. Why not? Its just going to end up dying to Pidgey...

"NOW FIGHT. FIGHT. FIGHT. FIGHT. FIGHT!" Oak yells and points to me and Haunted Water. Great. Not a Pidgey, but a Squirtle.
MWUHAHAHAHAHAHA! I AM YOUR RIVAL JAMES! BOW TO ME!
Thought props on getting my pokemon correct an not going for the totally over-used joke of me picking HHHHNNNNNNNGGGGGG bulbasaur.

Back