Leafeon vs Metagross Expert Deck views

Emperor

???
A link for those who don't know what i'm talking about
http://pokebeach.com/tcg/expert-deck-leafeon-vs-metagross

Now it's apparent that we'll see hopefully most of these cards in our May set, so this is the place to talk about these cards and how they may affect the metagame, how you can combo these cards with others etc.

This is one card that caught my eye:

5-metagross.gif

Metagross – Psychic – HP130
Stage 2 – Evolves from Metang

Poke-Body: Psychic Float
If your Active Pokemon has any Psychic Energy attached to it, that Pokemon’s retreat cost is 0.

[C][C] Aura Sphere: 60 damage. 60 damage.
[P][P][P] Double Leg Hammer: Does 40 damage to 2 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness or Resistance when damaging the Bench.)

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 4

130 HP is always nice on a stage 2 so it'll be in play for quite a while. It has a body very similar to Magnezone DPs body but is restricted to {P} energy. 60 for 2 is pretty good and if you're playing Expert Belt it could be a T2 80 or even T1 if you're playing DCE. The 2nd attack is rather costly but it can be good at times so it could be good in a spread based deck. The weakness is meh and the retreat cost i huge but the Body pretty much nulifies the huge retreat cost.

What are YOUR views on these cards

Lunar Wing

I see the you if you don't see the me
Advanced Member
Leafeon – Grass – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Eevee

[C] Wind of Victory: Does 50 damage times the number of Special Conditions on the Defending Pokemon.
[G] Aroma Sleep: 30 damage. The Defending Pokemon is now Asleep.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Water (-20)
Retreat: 1

This Leafeon is definitely something that should catch someone's eye. Being able to do a T1 100 if the cards stack up in your favor. The best combo for this, in my opinion, would be with Magmortar [SV], a couple of Broken Time-Space, and Super Scoop Ups. Able to do 100-120 damage with just a single energy of any type? Yes please. Obviously some flaws with this deck would be a power spray stopping Magmortar from burning and confusing.

ariesucks

I'm a level 3 Space Invader
That Leafeon would work with Houndoom Prime, Hypno HS, and Skuntank G. Thats 150 damage a turn, if you don't mind poisoning yourself and you get a heads on Hypno's power.

Futa

Aspiring Trainer
^Better yet, Leafeon HSU+ Leafeon Lv.X+ Roserade HSU. Basically, use Leafeon Lv.X's Energy Forcing to place an energy on Roserade, inflicting one Special Condition. Then, place a another energy (Psychic/Grass) to have two Special Conditions. But I don't know the official ruling on this, and I assume it is the same wording as Vileplume LA. Either way, still a good combo with two Roserade in play.

Porygon Z.0

Power to the porygons!!!
It seems as if theres no limit on the number of times you can use rorerades power per turn. Grind on roserade gives you a great secondary attack affter leafeon dies.

Rock Wrecker

I want to be a Pokemon master :-)
I think Engineer's Control would be great for {R} decks if you play Typhlosion Prime.
Engineer’s Control - Supporter

Discard 1 Energy card from your hand. Then, draw 4 cards from your deck.

You can only use 1 Supporter card during your turn. To use it, place it next to your Active Pokemon and discard it at the end of your turn

TDA

I know gliscor's future :P
Better still just attach a multi/rainbow energy to roserade and abuse its power :p

Flygon Jedi Master

May get back into the TCG
What about Good Rod?

Good Rod - Goods

Flip a coin. If heads, show 1 Pokemon card from your discard pile to your opponent, then return it to the top of your deck. If tails, show 1 Goods cards from your discard pile to your opponent, then return it to the top of your deck.

You can use any number of Goods cards during your turn.

Let's say your playing Jumpluff, after one pluff goes down you can use Good Rod to either get the piece of Jumpluff you need from the discard, or a Pokémon Communication to get it from your deck.
Interviewer’s Question - Supporter

Look at the top 8 cards from your deck, choose any number of Energy you find there, show it to your opponent, and put it in your hand. Return the rest of the cards to your deck and shuffle your deck.

You can only use 1 Supporter card during your turn. To use it, place it next to your Active Pokemon and discard it at the end of your turn.

Interviewer's Question can also help people who want to make Lanturn prime work, or if you want to try straight Feraligatr
Dunsparce – Colorless – HP60
Basic Pokemon

[C] Return: 10 damage. Draw cards from your deck so that you have 6 cards in your hand.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

And Dunsparce could be the universal draw power after Claydol and Uxie

Jahikoi

Aspiring Trainer
That dunsparce has to be active to be used... Although I do agree it is good, like the old Dunsparce that you can draw from the bottom... but I agree that it will be difficult to replace claydol.