• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Leaf-Dos (Kricketune PL)

CarlosDuranJr

Carlitosbob
Pokemon: 24
4-4 Kricketune PL
2-2 Landmin X
2-2 Vespiquen UD
2-2 Metapod
2 Regice LA
1 Camerupt G
1 Azelf LA

t/s/s: 22
4 Pokemon Collector
3 Pokemon Comunication
3 Junk Arm
2 Expert Belt
2 Lucian's Assignment
4 Seeker
2 Palmer's Contribution
2 Memory Berry

Energy: 14
4 DCE
3 Rescue Energy
5 Grass
2 Warp Energy

Strategy, much like a Gyarados deck, this is geared towards dumping specific pokemon into the Discard pile. while Kriketune has a lower HP than Gyarados does, Landmin X brings it up to the same HP while having it only need 1 energy to retreat. although it will need 2 energy to attack, it's base damage (with 3 Kricketot and 3 Kricketune discarded) is 120 or 140 Belted. Metapod is to kill off weakness (since some gyarados do run Exploud SV to counter its own weakness, Metapod is a much smaller means to achieve the same goal) Vespiqueen is an alternative attacker with memory berry to get Combee's attack for 1 energy. Camerput is to counter DGX since poke-bodies are essential to this deck and it takes 2 DCE or 4 of any kind of energy to OHKO a DGX. it wont get dropped till the last moment to prevent DGX from being belted. also why Lucian's assignment is in there as well as the Shaymin UL. if need be, it can also get belted to still OHKO the DGX belted. Warp energy in case my heavy retreat poke's get sent active. and I believe that's it as far as strategy goes.

Most dialga decks wouldn't have Dialga G active, you'd have to bring it up. Perhaps a 1-1 Blaziken FB line.
You only need one Regice and 1-1 Metapod, as coupled with Vespiquen they won't be able to snipe anything.

-1 Camerupt G
-1-1 Metapod
-1 Regice
-1 Lucian's
-1 Rescue Energy
+1 Lux Ball
+1 Fire Energy
+1 Uxie
+1 Unown Q
+1-1 Blaziken FB Line

This will help you out against DGX, speed up your consistency with Lux and Uxie, and Unown Q so you don't always have to warp-attach-for-turn

I use Camerupt instead of blaziken FB X. mostly because I don't have one, and Camerupt can use any energy so I wouldn't need a fire. 2 regice is killing me in playtesting though. have not had a game last long enough to see if the metapod line is too thick.. I've been running into energy issues mostly..

I'm thinking:
-1 regice
-1-1 metapod
-1 rescue energy
-1 collector

+1 Grass energy
+1 Lux ball
+3 PONT

No need for another grass, you're fine on those.

Add Uxie instead of Grass. I think that the PONT should help but you may be relying too much on Supporter drawpower.

I do rely on supporters for my draw power too much.. I don't have an uxie cuz they're hard to trade for.. And I only recently got back into the game, so LA boosters are hard to find and I also missed them as league promos.. :/

what's your opinion on kricketune using the same gyarados type strategy though?

Kricketune is slower, but has more damage potential than Gyarados. To combat this you will need a sleek and fast list.

-2 - 2 Vespiquen
-1 - 1 Metapod
-1 - 1 Shaymin LV. X
+1 - 1 Sunflora HS (You can use this for a long time to search for discard fodder)
+1 - 1 Blissey PL
-1 Camerupt G (How do you lose to Dialga G LV. X? o_0)
-1 Regice LA (One is fine)
+1 Junk Arm
-2 Lucian's Assignment(Dead Card)
-2 Memory Berry
-5 Grass Energy
+1 Warp Energy
+2 Unown Q MD
+4 Broken Time Space (Essssential!)
+2 Uxie LA
+4 Super Scoop Up

I don't know exactly how many cards you will have too many or have space for, but these changes will give you a fighting chance against several meta decks. Also, don't worry if you don't have any of these.

vespiquen prevents my bench frrom being sniped, and the DGX matchup sux if I can't OHKO it since it shuts off all the bodies. This is also assuming they KO my Kricketune with their dgx which is possible since landmin x, metapod, and vespiquen's bodies all get shut off. Memory berry is to use a vespiquen as the active and hit for 80 with 1 energy if I have 1 benched with damage on it. Shaymin x is the more important aspect to this body wise. Another option for bench support is to fill it with cherrims, either sunny day body or cloudy sky body. I'm thinking cloudy sky since damage output will be plenty high.
I'll update the list later today. Thanks for the input so far guys

Pokemon: 24
4-4 Kricketune PL
1-1 Landmin X
2-2 Vespiquen UD
1-1 Metapod
1-1 Sunflora HGSS
1 Regice LA
1 Azelf LA
2 Uxie LA
2 unknown Q

t/s/s: 24
3 BTS
4 Pokemon Collector
2 Pokemon Comunication
3 Junk Arm
2 Expert Belt
2 PONT
4 Seeker
2 Palmer's Contribution
1 Memory Berry
1 Luxury ball

Energy: 12
4 DCE
3 Rescue Energy
3 Grass
2 Warp Energy

I figure I'll just regimove a dialga G to be active then just KO it before it gets to shut off my poke bodies.

Dialga G LV. X doesn't kill this deck because its focus is not bodies, they are only techs that are not useful against Dialga G LV. X decks anyway. Metapod is situational and acceptable, Vespiquen is similarly situational and acceptable, but you should never be attacking with either of them and 2 - 2 Shaymin LV. X is too heavy. Just OHKO Dialga G LV. X's with Kricketune and keep getting out more fast Kricketunes. Get a 3 - 3 line of Kricketunes in the discard pile and use Palmer's, Rescue Energy and other methods to get the one back to consistently swing for 120 damage, and attach a double colorless energy to attack the next turn. Alternatively depending on the particular game you might have a 2-3 in the discard and a kricketot on the bench with a rescue or something and just get back the 'tune from the discard to evolve and attach another Energy when it is KO'd.

Back