• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Latias & Latios "Tag Team" Deck

Humble

Aspiring Trainer
So with a local standard tournament coming up I decided to try out Latias&Latios Gx. Please let me know any suggestions of the deck list provided below.

Pokemon x 16

Latias&Latios GX x 2
Staryu x 2
Starmie x 2
Inkay x 3
Malamar x 3
Dawn Wings Necrozma Gx x 1
Tapu Lele Gx x 1
Lunala prism star x 1
Ditto Prism star x 1

Trainers x 30

Mysterious Treasure x 4
Ultra ball x 2
Nest ball x 3
Timer Ball x 2
Spell Tag x 2
Field Blower x 1
Rescue Stretcher x 1
Viridian Forest x 2
Max Potion x 1
Escape Rope x 1
Acerola x 1
Cynthia x 3
Lillie x 2
Guzma x 2
Sightseer x 2
Sophocles x 1

Energy 14

Psychic x 10
Water x 4

Missilistico

Aspiring Trainer
I like the tag team, but I don't understand well how you alternate Starmie and Malamar in the early game. Could you explain? :)

Humble

Aspiring Trainer
I like the tag team, but I don't understand well how you alternate Starmie and Malamar in the early game. Could you explain? :)

Well I figured Starmie from Team Up is the best option to go with Latios&Latias GX since his first attack allow you to attach 3 of your choice between water and psychic energy. With Latios&Latias attack of discarding 3 energy's I figured I'll run out of psychic energy's pretty fast if I'm versing a deck with no GX's which comes in Malamar for energy retrieval.

Audiofreak19

Aspiring Trainer
I think you need to up your supporter count. 3cyn and 2 Lillie is too low. I would drop the sight seer and the sophicles for another cyn and Lillie. I would also drop the spell tag and timer ball for 2 more ultra balls and 2 more guzmas. That’s all I can think of right now. This should help make it more consistant

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
Following are a few comments for your consideration:

Only 2 Latias & Latios GX seems too few given its your main (and only real) attacker.

You didn't state your deck strategy, but I assume you'd prefer to start with Starmie in order to provide energy attachment-acceleration onto your Latias & Latios GX Pokémon early game. So, a 2-2 Starmie line seems too low given this intended use.

Ditto PS seems not to fit well.

A commitment of 11 (including Mysterious Treasure) Ball Items with the specified 8 card-draw Supporters seems imbalanced. Given that you want to start discarding energy as soon as you can, the Nest Balls do not compliment this tactic; and Ultra Balls should be maxed out.

Spell Tag can be easily Field Blowered away before your opponent KOs 1 of your Psychic Pokémon; so, this Tool, IMO, does not really help your deck that much.

Sightseer is a "weak" card-draw Supporter, IMO.

Suggested deck changes:

-1 Ditto PS
-3 Nest Ball
-2 Spell Tag
-2 Sightseer

+1 Latias & Latios GX
+2 Ultra Ball
+1 Cynthia - more needed card-draw support
+1 Lillie - more needed card-draw support
+1 Pal Pad - to recover and recycle discrded Supporters
+1 Sophocles - more needed card-draw support

1 other consideration: since you are running 2 types of Basic energy, you may need a way to access discarded W energy when you can't draw into 1. So, you may want to also include a Brock's Grit (instead of the Rescue Stretcher) or an Energy Recycler/Retrieval.

I hope you find these comments helpful.