Last BR as a Senior, benched by Moltres. (4th place report)

Matryoshka

Hi, I'm a scrub
Well, I decided that yesterday wasn't the best way to end my last BR as a Senior, going 2-1, losing to Zekeels with Quad Terrakion (Y U NO HIT EXP SHARES UNTIL SHE TOOK THREE PRIZES) so I convinced my parents to take me to good ol' Pembroke Pines. I saw 7 people like yesterday, and thought that so long as I can beat Andres, my only threat, I pretty much win the BR. I thought I could get at LEAST fourth, along with my 3 friends, because we were the only real competitive people there.

I go Quad Terra again. There's no other deck I could really play, with all of my Darkrais and my Mewtwo lended out to people who didn't show up.

Round 1: Vs. Fire.dec:

I felt insanely good about this match. This guy was in his first tournament and barely knew how to play. My opening hand is:

1 Junk Arm
5 Fighting Energy
1 Terrakion

If I was against ANY ONE of my three friends (KMT, Zekeels, Magnezone/Electrode/Tornadus EX), I would be SCREWED. Well, I had like 3 turns to topdeck, since he went first. He attached, Cherened, and passed. I drew another Junk Arm, attached and passed. He attached, passed. I drew a Fighting, attached, Retaliated for 10. Dat Resist...He attaches, hits for 50, and burns. I take 20, then attach and Land Crush for 70. I picked up my cards and signed the match slip when I rolled another tails for burn. LUCKY DIE, YOU FAILED ME!!! I checked my next topdeck, and of course, it's a Juniper. He's like "Oh yeah, that was a good game!" COMPLETELY unaware that he just dodged a bullet .-. But hey, I probably deserved it. I didn't realize how frustrating it can be to be donked, and I always thought it was rude when people just...left when I donked. Kind of a show of bad sportsmanship. But yeah, now I officially hate Moltres. Thanks, Moltres dude.

0-1

Round 2: Vs. Brutal Bash...with Mandibuzz, Hydreigon, and Honchkrow:

He was the 8th person, way to show up late. I didn't get second, so it didn't really matter, but I'll explain why it would've been great if he came earlier later. Anyway, I proceeded to sweep his...everything. Everything in the whole deck was vulnerable to me except Mandibuzz and Honchkrow, but he didn't bother setting them up.

1-1

Lunch break with the Arenas family again :D We went to some Peruvian restaurant. I could only afford yucca, because I blew my money on a present for my friend at the store. OH WELL, I love yucca. It's like french fries...but twice as good and not as American.

Round 3: Vs. Empoleon/Zekrom/Zoroark/Terrakion/Pichu:

Well I ended up nearly benching him, but I decided to play nice and pass when I was given the opportunity to say two words and win. Besides, I already had two Terrakions with EXP Shares benched, and he didn't really have anything set up. I could win the fun way, or take out my anger from the first game on some random kid in his first year in Seniors. So he benches Pichu afterwards and continues to set up. He's like "Thanks to that, I can probably win this!" And I thought "My field of an active Terrakion with 2 Fighting, 1 Rescue, and an Eviolite, plus two Terrakions with EXP Shares, one with a Fighting, begs to differ." With that type of a field, I just Catchered around his Empoleon once it got set up and won.

2-1

So I checked the standings. I knew the Arenas Brothers took first and second, so I just wanted to see if I even got the cup or not. Well, turns out, Fire.Dec took second, JP got third, and I got fourth again. Of course Andres got first at 3-0, JP let him win for half of his packs, so he thought he'd get 6 with the second place cup. We started laughing hard, and if that one guy showed up earlier, Andres A, who was a worlds player, would be fighting it out with the Fire.dec kid in the top 2 lololololol. My friend and I were joking that Andres would start with a Tyrogue, and the other guy would go first with Reshiram, then DCE and PlusPower for game XD I said that game 2 would be Andres drawing dead, but getting a hand refresh from a prize, but then the Fire.dec kid would land a Hooligans on it, and Andres would keep drawing dead, and Fire.dec kid would bench with Seeker.

Even though I opened the packs, took the codes and a Rare Candy, and gave the rest away to two Juniors, I had a fun time. It's certainly a lot more...memorable...than last week. But it turned out that my friend had a Tornadus EX he could trade me! :O I traded him my FA Zekrom, 3 Collector, a Pachirisu, and a foil Emerald Lightning for it. I thought it was worth it, probably a tad more in his favor even, as far as values go. So I didn't come out empty handed, thankfully.

Props:

Tornadus EX
Had fun, I suppose.

Slops:

MOLTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
That's why I make sure to get back cards I lend out at the tournament. EXs are something I would never lend out except to maybe you. Hopefully you have better luck at Nats.

Matryoshka

Hi, I'm a scrub
Yeah, I'm pretty bad with trying to get cards back, but I never lend anything out to anyone unless I actually know them, or I know someone who knows that person, and thinks they're trustworthy. Even if I don't get them back before Nationals, my friends who have my Darkrai, Mewtwo, and Shaymin are probably going to be at Nationals as well, so if they are, I'll get them back there for SURE. If not, I'll just borrow them from my other friends. All of my friends have Darkrais, Tornaduses, Mewtwos, and whatnot and aren't going to Nationals. But yeah, hopefully X3 I won't be playing a Quad Deck, that's for sure lol.

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I plan on working at Nationals so if nothing else I could, but I'd prefer you to get your cards back from the people you loaned them to.

Glace

Top 8, Worlds 2013
Advanced Member
"Of course Andres got first at 3-0, JP let him win for half of his packs, so he thought he'd get 6 with the second place cup."

Is that even allowed?

Nice job! Coming to Nats?

Mudkip711

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Nice job! I got 4th yesterday because the first seed lost in Top 4. :(

Also, that's why I never loan cards to people. I would have been mad if I couldn't play the deck I wanted to because they were borrowing cards and weren't there. At least you knew them, though. I'm 95% sure I lost a Claydol a couple of years ago. I let a guy I know borrow it and he let someone else borrow it.

Maybe we can play a couple of times at Nats.

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Glaceon said:
"Of course Andres got first at 3-0, JP let him win for half of his packs, so he thought he'd get 6 with the second place cup."

Is that even allowed?

No.

Matryoshka

Hi, I'm a scrub
King Arceus said:
I plan on working at Nationals so if nothing else I could, but I'd prefer you to get your cards back from the people you loaned them to.

Definitely, thanks for the offer though.

Mudkip711 said:
Nice job! I got 4th yesterday because the first seed lost in Top 4. :(

Also, that's why I never loan cards to people. I would have been mad if I couldn't play the deck I wanted to because they were borrowing cards and weren't there. At least you knew them, though. I'm 95% sure I lost a Claydol a couple of years ago. I let a guy I know borrow it and he let someone else borrow it.

Maybe we can play a couple of times at Nats.

Ah, I see, but T4ing at an event that actually has a T4 is cool. We never have that many people over here :\ Well I don't THINK I could have played what I wanted to even with those cards, but I might've been able to play Darkrai/Terrakion (with only two Darkrai), or something with Mewtwo. Yeah, I'll see you.

King Arceus said:

Why isn't it allowed?

Gistica

Hit me up for any questions about Competitive Play
Are you still going to nationals? And props on the Tornadus EX trade. I would do that any day :)

Matryoshka

Hi, I'm a scrub
Yeah, I am. Even though I was about ready to ragequit the game when I got benched by Moltres :p Yeah, I loved that trade just because I wanted to get rid of all of that, and I really needed the Tornadus EX. At the time I thought I got low balled but it went up in the matter of a few days since I've checked.