• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Lantern/Gatr/SuicuneEntei Legend

Broken Pokemon EX

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon - 22
3-2-3 Feraligatr Prime (HGSS)
4-3 Lanturn Prime (UL)
2-2 Suicune & Entei Legend (UL)
3 Mantine (HGSS)

Trainers - 21
3 Rare Candy
2 Switch
3 Pokemon Communication
4 Interviewer's Questions
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Professor Oak's New Theory
2 Seeker
1 Twins

Energy - 17
4 Rainbow Energy
13 Water Energy

Strategy:
Use Gatr for Energy Acceleration on Lanturn and S&E. S&E is good for sniping and Lanturn's poke power not only lets Gatr's Rain Dance attach energy, but it also makes him very versatile against a couple of popular decks in the metagame since he can potentially OHKO Yanmega, Reshiram, Donphan, etc. It's done decently well so far, from the few games I've tested it on, but I'm welcome to any advice.

I don't think Lanturn is needed in this deck, siccne it doesn't fit with SEL's sniping. Here are the changes I'd make:

-4-3 Lanturn Prime the only thing it can OHKO that SEL can't is Yanmega, and if you are worried about that you can use pluspowers
-3 Cleffa Mantine is a way better starter in water decks
-2 Legend Box way too unreliable, it will work so rarely that it isn't worth it
-2 Interviewer's Questions while this is a nice card since you want energy acceleration, you don't need this many
-4 Emcee's Chatter not a good card, PONT or searchers are better
-3 Professor Elm's Training Method Pokemon Communication is better
-4 Rainbow Energy since you aren't using Lanturn you don't need these any more
-2 Seeker without Cleffa you don't really need this since Mantine is bulkier

+2 Mantine will help your set up a ton, also has good health so you won't be donked.
+4 Pokemon Collector best basic searcher in the format, without Dual Balls you need 4
+4 Pokemon Communicaton great searcher card, is way faster than PETM since it isn't a supporter
+3 Junk Arm staple that will help any deck a lot by being very versatile
+4 PONT great hand refresh, without Cleffa you need 4
+17

i like this deck a lot, but if i were making this deck here are the changes i would make:
-2 cleffa(you can get donked)
-4 emcee's chatter(i really dont think this is a very good card)
-2 seeker(this card help, but not every time you play it, plus if you dont need it, it just takes up space in your hand)
-1 switch(i think only one switch is needed)
-1 Petm(with other cards you most likely will have pokemon that you need)
-1 rare candy(most of the time you will be evolving)
-2 legend box(this can get your legend out, but you can get extra energy that you need on other pokemon)
-1 interviewer's questions(3 is probably more than enough for this deck)
- 2-2 SEL(personally i prefer RSL, but its up to you)

Here is what i would add:
+1 tyrogue(a good staller and can donk)
+1 manaphy(good starter, mybe a little better than cleffa)
+3 pokemon collector(it gets basic out early, you can also use dual ball but try to get collectors)
+3 pokemon communication(helps with getting pokemon out)
+3 junk arm(helps reuse trainers)
+2 pont(a good hand fresher)
+2-2 RSL(personally i prefer RSL, but its up to you)
+1 flower shop lady(this is a good recover card)
i hope i helped =)

Thanks for the input guys. I'm currently testing out some of the changes you recommended, but I'll update the revised decklist soon

protip dark void: leaving a deck with 5 basic pokemon probably isnt the best deck advice.

deck needs 4 communications more than anything, considering theyre the only reliable way to get legend pieces out of the deck in this format. legend box, emcee's chatter, some/all of the interviewers, and elm's training method should be the first cards to go in order to add basic consistency like comm/collector/shuffle draw supporters as well as cards that give you more options like catcher, junk arm, pluspower, etc. just some starting advice. avoid playing babies as much as you can.

Alright guys, here's what I've been working with since. Again, anymore feedback is appreciated. There's a couple other cards I've been on the fence about using too, but I can't figure out what to remove or if they would ultimately be good for the deck, stuff like Energy Retrieval, Pokemon Catcher, FSL, etc.

-3 Cleffa
-4 Emcee's Chatter
-3 Professor Elm's Training Method
-2 Legend Box
-1 Water Energy

+3 Mantine
+3 Pokemon Communication
+3 Professor Oak's New Theory
+3 Pokemon Collector
+1 Twins

UPDATED DECKLIST

Pokemon - 22
3-2-3 Feraligatr Prime (HGSS)
4-3 Lanturn Prime (UL)
2-2 Suicune & Entei Legend (UL)
3 Mantine (HGSS)

Trainers - 21
3 Rare Candy
2 Switch
3 Pokemon Communication
4 Interviewer's Questions
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Professor Oak's New Theory
2 Seeker
1 Twins

Energy - 17
4 Rainbow Energy
13 Water Energy

Why rainbow NRG and not lightning?

-4 : Rainbow NRG

+4 : Lightning

Rainbow can't be attached with rain-dance.

That's actually one thing I've been meaning to test. I do rainbow because there have been a couple of situations where I've needed to attack with S&E's other attack, so I felt like it would be okay, and also I can't attach Lightning energies with Rain Dance either so that's what made me stick with rainbow.

Back