• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Landorus / Hawlucha / Primal Groudon EX

ejorange

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:
  • 3 Groudon EX
  • 3 Primal Groudon EX
  • 3 Landorus FFI
  • 2 Hawlucha FFI
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 1 Teammates
  • 1 Pokémon Fan Club
  • 1 Lysandre's Trump Card
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 3 Shauna
  • 3 Korrina
  • 4 Professor sycamore
  • 1 Tool Retriever
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Switch
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 2 Acro Bike
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Groudon Sprirt Link
  • 1 Shrine of Memories
  • 2 Fighting Stadium
  • 3 Scorched Earth
Energy:
  • 4 Strong Energy
  • 10 Fighting Energy
Strategy:

This is my brother's deck built for next year's format, and which is giving me very much trouble; I win about 1 of every 5 or so games. You can see my deck at:
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-future-m-gardevoir-ex-diancie-ex

My bro wants tips for how to make his deck better.

He basically starts with Landorus, Scorched earth, and/ or ultra ball to get fighting energies in his discard and then uses shout of power to set up his groudon really fast, and since Primal groudon can't be Lysandre'd, it's basically game over for me once he gets two out, since he usually has 3 energy on his groudon after his turn 2 and I can't risk gardevoir to take out landorus. Any feedback to make my bro's or my deck better, or how to combat this primal Groudon deck?

asdjklghty

-------------
RE: Primal Groudon EX Deck

Start with Seismitoad EX and use Quaking Punch as often as you can to slow him down and then set up your grass Pokemon.

ejorange

Aspiring Trainer
RE: Primal Groudon EX Deck

I agree that seismitoad would certainly slow him down, but my deck is fairy (the link above is my deck), and does not have room to put in grass pokemon nor seismitoad.

pikacelebi

Aspiring Trainer
having played a similar deck to this, I find that silent lab is actually a good stadium to put in. This counters the eggs and other random abilities. I would personally take out the Shrine of memories as it is only useful for primal groudon AND if anything may give your opponent an edge.