• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Kyurem Rush (Kyurem w/ techs) HGSS-On

Emperor

???
Pokemon:13
4 Kyurem
2 Mewtwo EX
2-2 Floatzel UL
2 Shaymin UL
1 Smeargle

T/S/S:
4 Pokemon Collector
3 Professor Juniper
3 N
3 Professor Oak's New Theory
3 Junk Arm
2 Pokemon Communication
3 Exp.Share
4 Super Scoop Up
1 Super Rod
2 Pokemon Catcher
1 Switch
2 Skyarrow Bridge

Energy:13
10 {W}
3 DCE

(3 Spots open)

Strategy:
I have yet to test this, so it's all theory.

Use Floatzel and Shaymin to set up a T2 Glaciate and continuosly spread. Eviolite is a pain for this deck to deal with but you can either Catcher around it or just power through them with Mewtwo EX. SSU to reuse or retrieve Shaymin (potential free prize the longer it is left on the field) Exp.Share, alongside Shaymin is to help keep energy on the field.

I don't feel like regigigas EX is really needed in this deck since it doesn't have that much to do with spreading/sniping. I'd switch it to another attacker maybe.

you can add kyrogre ex from dark explorers to the deck since it snipes too

kyrogue EX is tricky here because of the electric weakness and high retreat. Starting with it is essentially giving up two prizes. I played against a Kyurem rush deck last night for the first time actually and I believe he used 4x kyreum , 2x mewtwo and a single Kyreum EX. I like floatzel but with 80 HP and stage 1 he's just begging to get picked off by nearly anything in meta (tornadus, zek ex glint claw, etc).

Gigas EX was just filler to be honest untill i find something that works better with the deck. Originally i was going to include Mewtwo EX but with a potential meta-shift from Dark Explorer i have no idea whether Mewtwo EX would be worth it. For now i'll just replace Gigas EX with Mewtwo EX as it provides better early game pressure.

I have no problems with Floatzel giving up a free prize, as long as i can use it early game to get at least 1 extra energy onto the field th en its job is done as the earlier i can get Glaciate going, the better. Exp.Share takes care of the rest. Plus a turn not attacking Kyurem is another turn of Glaciate.

whats this word about a meta shift after de? by the by, i like this deck. kyrem is too under used in our format.

Very Very interesting deck here. Pretty cool. Drop both communication for level ball. Simple idea there.
-1 Super scoop up
-1 Pont or N
+ 1-1 Floatzel 2-2 Floatzel wil not get you through the whole game.
Wow I like this deck. Very interesting.

I think a 3-3 line of floatzel might do better for consistency too, as RogueChomp said. Try
-1 kyurem (all 4 will almost never be needed)
-2 super rod (2 all be enough)
-2 pokemon communication (level ball will be better)
-2 sky arrow bridge? (I don't know if its really needed)

+2 level ball (floatzel)
+4 junk arm (self explanatory)
+1 extra attacker. Maybe something like kyogre EX or something)

Jirachi said:
I think a 3-3 line of floatzel might do better for consistency too, as RogueChomp said. Try
-1 kyurem (all 4 will almost never be needed)
-2 super rod (2 all be enough)
-2 pokemon communication (level ball will be better)
-2 sky arrow bridge? (I don't know if its really needed)

+2 level ball (floatzel)
+4 junk arm (self explanatory)
+1 extra attacker. Maybe something like kyogre EX or something)

There is already 3 Junk arm in the list lol 7 Junk Arm

Oh. I didn't see that. Then I'd use those spots for... another level ball or catcher and another attacker maybe or anything else you want.

Back