Kyurem (NV # 34) {12/17/12}

Vulpix Yolk

\ \ durant gang \ \
296d850.png

Card of the Day: Kyurem​
34-kyurem.jpg

I like this card. Probably the best spreader in the format, since 130 HP is hard to one-shot (Ray needs to discard 3 energy, Keldeo needs 4+ water energy, etc.), and 30 spread can get up to 180 total damage on the field. Outrage is pretty good for when your Kyurem is about to die and you can get off an easy KO with it. It's decent in Keldeo/Blastoise, but honestly in most cases you shouldn't even bother.

7/10 in Keldeo/Blastoise
8/10 in spread decks
6/10 art
9/10 art in the promo version

As someone who's been on the recieving end of Kyurem, this is a good card. 130HP is fantastic for a non EX basic. Not much will one shot him meaning you'll take some big damage from outrage before going down. But the real threat is glaciate. It's not an immediate threat like Zekrom and Reshirams attacks, but after a couple of hits, you're pokemon become much more fragile and easier to KO. Even big EXs will be weakneded enough to take out with ease.

9/10: Very good for a non EX basic. I think it may be the best of the unova dragons.

Start ditto against lando ex.pponent uses hammerhead for 60 . U transform into kyurem and dce plus power, gg landorus.

Paired with Kyogre EX for spreading its pretty good. And having it in Blastoise decks definitely helps to deal more damage than just having Keldeo or Blastoise do all of the hitting.

That Glaciate attack is awesome... I love it!! I only wish you could charge it up quickly, and with Blastoise BCR, you can! So, you can get a T2 Glacialte, and that really softens up opponent's whooole battalion. Power up his HP with Giant Cape, and you've got serious potential to KO Pokemon with Outrage! Mewtwo EX would need 4 Energy and a Pluspower to get the KO, and that's perfect bait for your own Mewtwo EX. You're hitting Landorus EX's weakness, you're KO'ing evolution Decks if you can nab them before they evolve... so many perks with this card!

High HP stat for a Basic, rarely exploited weakness, and retreat cost of 2, meaning only Ultra Ball can search him out, so make sure you pack plenty of those! Water-typing is certainly in, now, so put him in with your Keldeo/Blastoise Decks and watch him score multiple KO's or help someone else do that!

9/10.

I like it, it could be better, pairing it with dusknoir is probably the best way to go, but the only issue is that theres a card called eviolite. Sorry to say that 30 to 10 on 2-3 of your targets isn't fun. against Darkrai especially, all Darkrai variants don't HAVE to take up a lot of bench spots, especially Hammer Time. Even with Hydreigon you can control the spread damage.
4/10-playability
6/10-1st attack
7/10-2nd attack
5/10-artwork
!!!10/10!!!-Promo artwork

Back