Koraidon and Miraidon Illustration Rare Promos Releasing in Japan

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Pokemon Card Gym shops in Japan will be holding special tournaments to celebrate the release of Triple Beat starting March 10th. Participants will purchase 15 packs of Triple Beat to construct and battle with a deck, similar to our prereleases.
All participants will receive two stamped promo cards — a Rare Candy and one of two Nemona.
Winners of each tournament will get a promo booster pack containing a promo Illustration Rare of either Miraidon or Koraidon. We will get these cards in our Pokemon Center Elite Trainer Boxes for Scarlet & Violet.

003802_3-143x200.jpg

003802_2-143x200.jpg

Continue reading...

I wonder if we will get cool pre-release cards over here in the west, besides the regular pre-release promo's.

I wonder if we will get cool pre-release cards over here in the west, besides the regular pre-release promo's.
These will be significantly harder to find in Japan than here. The trade off is Japan gets our prerelease promos in their High Class boxes, which seems like a fair trade-off for having to win a tournament to get a promo we get in all our Elite Trainer Boxes.
Actually, the state of affairs is probably better for the Western market. This promo won’t cost more than $3 once it’s sat on the market for a while, and our prerelease promos are well within that range. This promo will be closer to the price of a prerelease kit than a prerelease promo if you have to win a tournament. Even if each Local Game Store gets more than one, there will be a 50-50 spread. The outcome will be similar to the result of putting Flareon VMAX (a promo from a smaller distribution) into a Premium collection (a sealed product with a smaller print allotment). I would imagine that many Japanese collectors will pay the $5-10 extra to ship one from overseas.

Last edited:
Back