News 'Kommo-o-GX Box' in September!

Coolpilot

Bisharps don't know 'bout my Togekiss
Advanced Member
Yay Jumbo Cards!

...Shut up, I like Jumbo Cards.

Still not super playable (will be less so if they don't reprint DDE before rotation...), but still a cool Pokemon, so I'll probably pick it up for collection's sake.

Also, there's probably no sign of a DP remake in the TCG yet because a DP remake this year is somewhat unlikely. It's gonna take time to revamp the entire Sinnoh region to fit the new 3D style & engine. Even simple questions like "How do we show Barry running into you all the time - a difficult thing to animate - when 3D leaves so much less to your imagination than sprites do?" will be difficult to figure out. A sequel/3rd version to SM is much more likely (similar order to Gen IV, where Platinum came out before HGSS), given they just need to hand it off to the 2nd team to take what they've already built & upgrade it further - and given those mysterious construction zones they left all over Alola...

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
If a Diamond and Pearl remake is coming, there’s no signs of it in the TCG yet.

I don't know about that. There's been a notable lack of Gen 4 pokémon in the S&M sets. The only Gen 4 mons printed so far were Cross-gen evos. There's Darkrai and Lucario in upcoming sets but the first is used all the time and the second is probably because it appears in the movie.

AuraStormLucario

Aspiring Trainer
Wishiwashi GX says 'Hi'

I sure wish. At the very least, Wishiwashi GX is a basic pokemon, and a water type. On the other hand, Kommo-o is a stage two, with decentish attacks that will get WORSE in september thanks to DDE rotating. Nonetheless, lets give a round-of-applause to TPCI!!! Not only have they correctly identified the worst GX currently in the game, but they have also chosen the perfect time to release it; Right after rotating a card which consequentially makes nearly all dragon types completely unplayable! Great Job!!!

(Rest in peace, double dragon energy).

Alakazam90125

Aspiring Trainer
Oh my God this is not necessary..... Kommo-o is not the worst card, but it's pretty bad and is worth like 2 bucks...

D2B2WIN1

Aspiring Trainer
Great for the casual collector/player and kids who like the fighting dragon. If you follow the competitive scene or understand the product's value, it is not worth it.

Ninjabot 215

Beep Boop
Why, why, why...

WHY DO YOU DISHONOR THE TCG WITH THIS GARBAGE PRODUCT?!! AWAY WITH YOU SCALY DRAGON, GO BACK TO THE RARELY USED TIER ON SMOGON WHERE YOU BELONG!!!:mad:

Sorry just had to get that off of my chest...

BraviaryBoi

Anonymus
Remember, Pokemon wants you to pay 37 dollars for a normal art of tapu lele gx.
Well, they don't make the market for singles. They sell boxed and packed product and not singles. So they couldn't care less about wether tapu lele is 10 dollars or 100 dollars.

Just remember, when it comes to these kinds of product, TPCI is NOT looking at the competitors. Why would a collector or a kid want to buy a cute GX with attacks that do no damage basically over a stage two dragon 240 HP 240 damage? So everyone STOP YOUR F@&$ing COMPLAINING because you won't change anything.

SupremeLeaderQuagsire

Aspiring Trainer
Yay, exciting!
...Why.
Out of all of the cards you could have picked, why Kommo-o-GX?
Oh well, maybe we'll get Tapu Fini-GX and Tapu Lele-GX tins.

Clamtrak

Aspiring Trainer
I think people under estimate Kommo-o GX a lot. This box will make getting the card easier, and there still will be some tricks to speed up a Kommo-o deck. It'll still be very hard to use, making it mid tier, but I've played with a Kommo-o deck before, and it wasn't actually that bad. I managed to get a win against Volcanion and a few different Grass decks. If only there was a card like Archie or Maxie for dragon types, though.

Wishiwashi GX says 'Hi'
I feel like decking you out right here, right now, with my new Wishiwashi / Wailord deck. Trust me, Wishiwashi can throw people into a world of hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I saw the letters "GX" at a first glance and thought another GX from SM3 would have been revealed.

Boy was I wrong! Instead we get a slightly disappointing box with a very disappointing ultra rare. Oh well, least I can hope it's a new artwork so I can buy the single and plot it in my ever-growing GX collection. I don't mind that sort of thing. Singles of the promos are cheap and they give me more stuff to show off.