TCG Fakes KoD's image fakes (WIP sets, random Promos etc.)

KnightofDust

your future past waits
Stuff that I'm currently working on (No idea when it'll get finished though, life's tough:()

*Also since I don't actually play the card game, I am hot garbage at balancing so please do comment if you think my cards are crazily overpowered/horribly underpowered.

Blanks by Metagross101 and TheΩmegaOne
Symbols by Metagross101 and TheΩmegaOne
Holosheet by aschefield101

GJN2aWP.jpg

Artwork by napstachill

UypMxjs.jpg

Artwork from the official Pokemon website.

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I don't believe I said this in the chat: I'm a fan of that Blue's Challenge card! The effect is fresh and intresting, though it's a tad abusable at the moment - you might want to put a precondition clause, something like 'if your opponent has more Pokemon than you', just so it doesn't completely lock down your opponent. The holosheeting is also interesting as it makes the card look as if it's been photographed in real life.

Also: nooooooo, don't skip lectures! As much as I love your work Knight, we all know you catching up won't happen xD

Aside: You should put your images into
Code:
[img] [/img]
tags since people don't always click on the links. ;)

KnightofDust

your future past waits
I don't believe I said this in the chat: I'm a fan of that Blue's Challenge card! The effect is fresh and intresting, though it's a tad abusable at the moment - you might want to put a precondition clause, something like 'if your opponent has more Pokemon than you', just so it doesn't completely lock down your opponent. The holosheeting is also interesting as it makes the card look as if it's been photographed in real life.

Also: nooooooo, don't skip lectures! As much as I love your work Knight, we all know you catching up won't happen xD

Code:
[img] [/img]
Glad you liked it bb!

Would it be phrased as "You can't play this card if you have more Pokémon in play than your opponent. (effect)" or would it be something else?

I'll change them all to images as soon as I got the time to do so! Thanks for the advice :D

KnightofDust

your future past waits
Code:
[img] [/img]
Also I changed them all as of now but they come up as error images on my screen :/ Do they take a bit of time to load?

ScrawnyMeowth1

The Maker of Pokemon Lists
These are really good! Have you considered joining PokeBeach's Create-a-Card contest? I believe you can still sign up for the March contest.

KnightofDust

your future past waits
These are really good! Have you considered joining PokeBeach's Create-a-Card contest? I believe you can still sign up for the March contest.
I did! I competed in those for a fair bit until my uni work overtook my priority for them. I did find time to enter this month's contest though :D I wish I could do more of them.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Glad you liked it bb!

Would it be phrased as You can't play this card if you have more Pokémon in play than your opponent. (effect) or would it be something else?

I'll change them all to images as soon as I got the time to do so! Thanks for the advice :D
Pretty close! It should be: "You may use this card only if you have more Pokémon in play than your opponent." which goes before "Your opponent can't play..." on the card, ala Twins.

Also I changed them all as of now but they come up as error images on my screen :/ Do they take a bit of time to load?
You need to make sure the images have .png / .jpg at the end of the url, else you're not linking to the image itself. So in the case of this link: https://imgur.com/iHS5meZ; you need to right click the Steenee card and select Copy Image Address, which is: https://i.imgur.com/iHS5meZ.jpg (so happens to be just .jpg on the end), and:

iHS5meZ.jpg

Last edited:

KnightofDust

your future past waits
Pretty close! It should be: "You may use this card only if you have more Pokémon in play than your opponent." which goes before "Your opponent can't play..." on the card, ala Twins.

You need to make sure the images have .png / .jpg at the end of the url, else you're not linking to the image itself. So in the case of this link: https://imgur.com/iHS5meZ; you need to right click the Steenee card and select Copy Image Address, which is: https://i.imgur.com/iHS5meZ.jpg (so happens to be just .jpg on the end), and:

iHS5meZ.jpg
ahh I see, time to change them all again *sigh*

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
If you have Alakazam LV. X, will you also be including Alakazam itself, Abra AND Kadabra in your set? I would love it if Kadabra were in the set.

KnightofDust

your future past waits
If you have Alakazam LV. X, will you also be including Alakazam itself, Abra AND Kadabra in your set? I would love it if Kadabra were in the set.
The Abra line won't be in this set but rest assured Kadabra will definitely be in the next set! I just need to find art and get permission from the artists for Abra and Alakazam.

KnightofDust

your future past waits
Holy moley these fakes look really nice! Better than I could ever do.
Thank you! Keep practicing and you'll realise that they're actually not too difficult to make! The hardest part (for me) is to come up with attacks and abilities that (a) fits the Pokemon, (b) doesn't seem to overpowered, and (c) can synergise with other cards in the deck. The actual card (aesthetics-wise) isn't too complicated and can be done well with a bit of practise.