Ruling Knocking Out your Own Pokemon

PokemonTCGMaster

Aspiring Trainer
Do you still get a Prize card if your opponent knocks out his own pokemon or discards his own pokemon? And if you discard a card, do you get to take another one?

You take a prize if your opponent knocks out his own pokemon,not if he discards them(unless for regi's sacrifice).

I'm not sure what you're trying to say but for example, electrode SW uses his attack to do 100 damage he gets Knocked Out and you DO take a prize because he was knocked out. If they discard a pokemon card from their hand, you do NOT take a prize.

edit: ninja'd

It all depends on your definition of "discarding". If they discard it by Knocking them out, then yes. You may take a card. But if they, say, used Felicity's drawing and discarded a Pokemon card from their hand, than no. You can't take a prize card. Sorry but I don't quite understand your second question. Mind clearing it up a bit?

Edit: Ninja'd X2, but hey I still posted more info. xD

Say you had 1 Koffing in your deck and it got knocked out but you still had Weezing, can you discard Weezing and take another card?

PokemonTCGMaster said:
I think my friend told me or something, but you can still discard Weezing but you don't take another card?

you cant discard a card from your hand if a card has not told you to. Same goes for the deck.

Back