1. When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard King of the Beasts (Terrakion Post-Rotation)

Discussion in 'PTCG Deck Garage' started by imashbuttons, Jul 5, 2019.

1. imashbuttons Aspiring Trainer
    imashbuttons

Advanced Member Member

With Unified Minds only a month or so away, I've taken a real liking to quite a few Pokemon in the set, one of them being Terrakion for the attack Cave King.

Pokemon (8)

4 Terrakion UNM
    3 Reshiram & Charizard GX
    1 Marshadow and Machamp GX

TSS (39)

4 Cynthia
    4 Green's Exploration
    4 Switch
    4 Acro Bike
    4 Tag Switch
    4 Welder
    4 Pokegear 3.0
    2 Cherish Ball
    2 Fire Crystal
    2 Fiery Flint
    2 Buff Padding
    2 Shrine of Punishment
    1 Heat Factory Prism Star

Energy (13)
    4 Rainbow Energy
    7 Fire Energy
    2 Fighting Energy

Terrakion – Fighting – HP140
    Basic Pokemon

[F][C][C] Cave King: 50+ damage. If all of your Benched Pokemon have damage counters on them, this attack does 150 more damage.

[F][F][C][C] Rock Smash: 110 damage.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
    Resistance: none
    Retreat: 4

The goal of the deck is to setup into a Terrakion T1 to be able to start attacking as soon as I'm able. ReshiZard makes for a great secondary attacker when using the Welder engine while Marshadow and Machamp are great at setting up revenge kills on PikaRom if I don't have a Terrakion setup or the conditions for Cave King aren't met.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019

2. HoustonHammerhead Aspiring Trainer
    HoustonHammerhead

Def a viable option. You should run the new tag switch as you could potentially hit for 200 on turn one if you were able to hit a welder, rainbow energy to a bench ReshiZard, then tag switch the rainbow to terrakion.

3. imashbuttons Aspiring Trainer
    imashbuttons

Advanced Member Member

Yoooo my brain read it as basic energy and not just outright energy, I'll make some room for it. Should I run 4?

4. jamashawalker Aspiring Trainer
    jamashawalker

Some Options:

-I'd run your own shrine so that you can get that guaranteed damage on Reshizard. It also allows you to weaken those TTGXs that reshizard struggles to OHKO.

-Maybe test out a buff padding on terrakion because in this metagame TTGXs are only doing around 150. With buff padding you are avoiding the OHKO from them. With no field blowers you have a much higher chance of buff padding staying on.

5. HoustonHammerhead Aspiring Trainer
    HoustonHammerhead

I would run a full set just to up the chances of a turn 1 200. That's really the selling point of this is that it can one shot a PikaRom turn 1

6. imashbuttons Aspiring Trainer
    imashbuttons

Advanced Member Member

Updated the list!

-4 Custom Catcher
    -1 Reset Stamp
    -1 Karate Belt
    -2 Pokemon Fan Club
    -2 Giant Hearth
    -2 Steven's Resolve

+1 ReshiZard GX
    +1 MarshChamp GX
    +1 Fighting Energy
    +4 Tag Switch
    +2 Buff Padding
    +2 Shrine of Punishments
    +1 Cherish Ball

7. HoustonHammerhead Aspiring Trainer
    HoustonHammerhead

You should be running Viridian Forest in this deck to search out the fighting energy. You can turn 1 Viridian or Shrine, then Green's for turn 2 for viridian or Shrine and you should be guaranteed to be set up (assuming you hit a welder on the turn you don't Green's).

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?