• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Killer Clowns From Outer Space (Blacephalon)

Mrzeldaootfan

Aspiring Trainer
Hello! I am currently running some tests for next months ARG invitational in NJ As you can see the deck is pretty self explanitory. Is there any improvements I could make? MY main goal is to get as many energy attached to blacphalon turn 1 and deal a ton of damage by the next turn. Is there any improvements i could make to make the deck run faster? I am missing a few cards for it so i made some subsitutions. What decks should I be worried about as well?

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 4

* 1 Turtonator DRM 50
* 3 Blacephalon UNB 32

##Trainer Cards - 39

* 1 Heat Factory {*} LOT 178
* 2 Pal Pad FLF 92
* 1 Beast Ring FLI 102
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 3 Fiery Flint DRM 60
* 3 Acro Bike PRC 122
* 4 Wishful Baton BUS 128
* 3 Welder UNB 189
* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 4 Fire Crystal UNB 173
* 3 Energy Retrieval SUM 116
* 2 Power Plant UNB 183
* 1 Ultra Space FLI 115
* 3 Green’s Exploration UNB 175
* 4 Pokégear 3.0 UNB 182

##Energy - 17

* 1 Beast Energy {*} FLI 117
* 16 Fire Energy GEN 76

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

IMO, with only 5 Basic, you run a high risk of having multiple mulligans at game start resulting in your opponent drawing extra card(s) which could be quite advantageous for your opponent. So, consider incorporating a few Judge to help mitigate this risk.

Also, why not run 4 Blacephalon?

IMO, with only 5 Basic, you run a high risk of having multiple mulligans at game start resulting in your opponent drawing extra card(s) which could be quite advantageous for your opponent. So, consider incorporating a few Judge to help mitigate this risk.

Also, why not run 4 Blacephalon?
think i mightve mentioned it but i dont have the 4th one, but i plan on putting the 4th one in

Have you considered the Jirachi build instead of Greens? While with Reshizard I find the Green's build to be the superior version, when it comes to Baby Blowns my testing has shown the Jirachi engine to be far more consistent, at least at consistent as Baby Blowns can be.

With the green's build I kept getting into sticky situations when Judged or Marshadowed by the opponent. Jirachi helps considerably in responding to Judge and Marshadow as without chaining Green's you have a really hard time getting the cards necessary to set up and chain attacks.

I really like your inclusion of Beast Ring as I am more often than not running into field blower and sometimes chaining Welders does not work out so having another means of accelerating energy and getting Blacephalon attacking it critical. I am now also running a Beast Ring in my list and am considering a second.

If you are committed to Green's then have you considered Blacephalon GX? In a good number of games Burst GX got me my last prize and sometimes Bursting Burn can be used to take big KO's if you have energy on the board and not in hand.

These are just a few thoughts to consider. Hope you have good results with your Baby Blowns list.

Back