Writing Ketchum's Eleven (Crossover Fanfic)

PikaFlash

Inner Sasuke
This is a little fanfic I completed a year ago and it was quite popular. A fanfic that is a parody of the movie, Ocean's Eleven, with Ash as the main character. And don't worry, it's been edited so that it can be read here...

If you don't want to read my fanfic, then do not pass Pikachu with the guitar, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

the_a_house_pika.jpg

Ketchum's Eleven

01: Ideas and Planning

Disclaimer: All characters, songs and scenes belong to their respective owners...

An A/U Crossover fanfic, parody of Ocean's Eleven

In a parole board hearing room, three board members were at a table as Ash Ketchum was brought in by guards into the room.

"Good morning."

"Good morning," Ash greeted back.

"Please state your name for the record."

"Ash Ketchum."

"Thank you. Mr. Ketchum, the purpose of this meeting is to determine whether, if released, you are likely to break the law again. While this is the first time you are convicted, you have been implicated in a few other confidence schemes and frauds. What can you tell us about this?

"Like you say. I was never charged."

"Mr. Ketchum, could you tell us the reason why you chose to commit this crime or was there a good reason why you simply got caught this time?"

"My wife left me. I was upset, so I went down the path of self-destruction," explained Ash.

"If released, is it likely that you would fall back into the same pattern?"

Ash smiled. "She already left me once. I don't think she'll do it again..."

The board members look upon themselves, then, the one final question pops up.

"Mr. Ketchum, what do you think you would do if you're released?"

Ash gave a bit of thought, and then asked, "No clue. What about you? What do you think you would do if I'm released?"

"Well, we're debating on whether we could...hey!"

Ash was released on parole and Guard Motoko was giving Ash his possessions and the necessary papers that certify the return.

"Sign this," Motoko said as she hands Ash a pen. Then she adds a letter to the pile. "This came in today. Anything else would be forwarded to your parole officer."

Ash opens the mail and reads it. Motoko looks over Ash's shoulder and sees the return address.

"Your lawyers?" Motoko asked.

"My wife's," Ash replied and reads the letter.

"What does it say?"

Ash looks up. "I'm a very free man."

Ash changes out of the prison outfit into his usual jeans, black t-shirt, blue and white shirt and a red cap. Then he picks up a wedding ring. "To wear or not to wear..."

Ash walks out of Kanto Prison. Indeed a very free man as he breaths in the fresh air outside the prison walls...and not to mention carbon monoxide from the early morning traffic rush...

"Couldn't they at least let me out through a side road?" Ash said as he coughs through the fumes.

~

Ash enters Celadon's Gaming Corner. Ash took out some money and puts it at the counter. "I need some coins."

"Sorry sir, but you need a Coin Case..."

Ash sighed; he dumped his hand into a bin and takes out a Coin Case. "You mean this?" Ash said as he shakes out the rubbish from the case...

"Yes sir." The casher exchanged the money for the Coins.

Later, Ash looks around the Gaming Corner from a card table, looking for an old friend. No luck. So Ash looks back at his game. He's picked some cards that make an Electric Deck against the Game Corner's own Fighting Deck.

"I may be at a disadvantage, but I'm the best at using an Electric Deck..."

The game continued in Ash's favor until another Game Corner player arrived and took over the losing player's place. Ash looks at his new opponent from the Game Corner, purple hair and male. Not the one Ash is looking for but he knows the man.

"Hello, Jimmy."

The Game Corner worker looks up. Someone recognized him. He quickly hides his shock.

"I'm sorry sir. You must have mistaken me for someone else. My name is Eric, see?" Ash's opponent taps on his name tag.

"My mistake," Ash said as he collected his winnings. "Table's cold, anyway."

"You might like to have a drink at Celadon Hotel lounge. It gets busy at one, sir."

"Thanks, Eric."

At the Celadon Hotel lounge, Ash was having a drink while reading the papers. He looks at the time. 12:58 and no sign of 'Eric'. Ash continues to read the paper. 'Digi-Palace Game Corner to be demolished; Former Owner Denounces Plans'. Ash looks at the photographs. The first one appeared to have a photographer with bad hand-eye coordination, but Ash was able to see the new owner of 'Digi-Palace', Seto Kaiba, but the woman with him has her head cut off the picture. In the second picture, the former owner, Taichi Kamiya, was on his knees.

"Anything good in the papers?" A voice asked.

Ash looks up and sees 'Eric' sitting across him in a completely different outfit.

"Eric?"

"Good to see you, Ash. The name James Stuart wouldn't get by the Gaming Board. You got out?"

"Just."

"And you're turning over a new leaf."

Ash gets a bit closer to James and asks, "You seen her?"

"Last I heard, she went back to Tomoeda. Teaching Anime Characters how to play Duel Monsters." James realized what Ash wants. "Why? Got something planned already?"

Ash smiled. "I only just got out this morning."

James stares at Ash for a moment. Ash grins. He has something planned.

"It’s a tough life for our work now. Everybody is so serious. Too many guns and too many computers. What do you want to do? Steal from ordinary people?" asked James.

"That would be criminal," Ash said as he and James walk through the streets.

"What do we have left? Pokémon centers are funded separately and banks have no money. The only places with cash around are..."

"Game Corners."

James stopped walking. "Don't tell me..."

"I will..."

James continued walking and catches up with Ash. "When?"

"Soon. Interested?"

James' smile was the answer Ash needed.

"Give me a second." Ash walks to a phone booth and makes a call. "Yes, Officer Narusegawa. My name is Ash Ketchum. I'm just out and I'm supposed to check in with you within 24 hours." Ash listens. "No madam, I haven't gotten into any trouble. No drinking."

Ash continues to listen to the officer. "No, I wouldn't even think of leaving this region."

~

The next day, Ash took a flight to Tokyo...

At Tomoeda, a woman was leaning on her car while eating some nachos when a young Anime Character from Pokémon Advanced, Max, walks up to her.

"Sakura! You're here..."

Sakura and Max walked into a back alley. Max started talking.

"I don't know if you have your own business like 'Avalon Inc.' but I think you should think about it. Yesterday, I was talking to my manager..."

"Madison?"

"Not that Madison, but another Madison. My Business Manager's name is also Madison. She was telling me about this, like researching this for a future gig and use it for tax dodge. She suggest that I write you a check..."

Sakura looks at the Anime Character.

"Or we could use Cash."

Sakura and Max entered a club where other Anime characters were partying.

"Alright. Who's here, Max?" Sakura asks.

"Rini is here. Tommy is here. But Daichi couldn't make it. He had to do some re-shoots because somebody figured out that the budget for the new season of Beyblade was coming out of Canada."

"That's a problem."

"Negi is here," Max added.

"I thought they were still filming that Magister Negi Magi Anime series?" Sakura asked.

"Couldn't work out the dates, but he did bring his girlfriend."

"Not the violent one..."

Max nods.

"I stopped watching any series by Ken Akamatsu after they did not show the episode 25."

Sakura and Max entered a room where Rini (from Sailor Moon), Tommy (from Digimon Frontier) and Negi (from Magister Negi Magi) were at the table. Asuna (from Magister Negi Magi) is standing behind Negi as an observer.

"Its time to duel..."

~

The four-way duel lesson has begun and Max decide to start it off...

"Alright, I put one card face down. And I end my..."

Sakura leans to Max's ear and whispered, "Why you choose to put that card down is your business. But you have to make them think it’s down there for a reason. Understand?"

Max nods.

Sakura was whispering to Rini. "Rini, you must know what you have. Looking won't change anything. Leave them the way they are or put a card down and make your move."

Next, Sakura was giving some tips to Negi. "I know she's your girlfriend, Negi, but you can't. Thank you."

Max stood up and revealed his card. "I got all five pieces of Exodia in my hand."

"Very good, Max. Let's have a break." Sakura didn't have the heart to tell Max that he needs the five correct pieces of Exodia. All Max has are just random parts of Exodia with some duplicates. (The rules of our world doesn't have to match the rules of their world. Besides, all they get are just the pictures of the cards like in the 4Kids YGO Anime, so there...)

Sakura walked to the bar in the nightclub.

"How's the game?" The bartender shouted over the music.

"Longest day of my life," replied Sakura.

"What?!"

"I'm stealing your wife," Sakura replied at the same volume she used earlier.

"Great!" The bartender gave the thumbs up.

As Sakura looked at the crowd, she caught sight of a familiar face outside, but she lost sight of the person as he walked through. Sakura returned to the room.

"Hey, Sakura. We have another player, if it’s alright with you."

Sakura looks at the new arrival next to Max. "What's going on?" Sakura asked.

"I heard that there was a four-way duel lesson in progress," answered Ash. "I hope I'm not intruding."

"It just finished and I won," Max said.

"Really?"

"Who told you we were playing a game?" Sakura asked.

"I don't remember," said Ash.

"Alright, let's make it five-on-one duel," Sakura said as she points at Ash. "You're going down, Ketchum."

Later in the duel, Ash was proving to be a difficult opponent, especially when he has powerful cards...

"So, Mr. Ketchum. What do you do for a living? If you don't mind," Max asks.

"Why should I mind? Two cards face down and I switch my monster to defense mode." Ash switched his card and then looks at Max. "I just got out of prison."

"Really?" Max looks at the other players. "Really..."

Sakura looks at Rini carelessly showing her cards. "Rini, cards showing."

Rini quickly covered her cards. "Sorry." She looks at Ash. "What did you go to prison for?"

"I stole things."

"What things? Jewels? Diamonds?" asked Rini.

"Digimon Matrimonial Headmasks," answered Sakura.

Everyone just went "Wa?"

"From a museum?" Rini asked.

"Gallery."

"How much do they have in those...Digimon Matrimonial...

"HeadMasks," Ash finished. "And they're worth a lot to the Digimons."

"I heard that they weren't pleased when you tried to swipe one while wearing the mask," Sakura said as she draws her card. "I place a card face down in defense mode and end my turn. You sure have a lot of bad luck that time."

Ash draws a card. "I will use Polymerization to fuse my monsters Summoned Skull and Red Eyes Black Dragon to special summon Black Skull Dragon to the field. Next, I will set a monster card on the field and then, I will place four cards face down." Ash places four cards on the field.

"Alright, remember the first rule of Duel Monsters?" Sakura asked.

"Err...never bet with your cards?" Rini asked.

"I think it was always keep your trump card until it's the right time," said Max

"Meowth, that's right," said Sakura, pointing at Max. "My friend is really pushing me to the wall. Time for you to use your best moves." Then, Sakura adds, "And if you can't handle it, you can surrender, but if you do, you'll lose a thousand bucks."

The other kids made their moves before Sakura made hers.

"Alright, my first move. I will tribute my face-down Monster to summon…Dark Magician Girl!" Sakura reveals her face down Monster. "Followed by using Sage's Stone to special summon the Dark Magician." Sakura special summons the Dark Magician. But Sakura's not finished yet. "Now, I will tribute my two Magicians in order to summon...Sorcerer of Dark Magic!" Sakura tributes the two Monsters and summons the monster that has equal attack power to the Black Skull Dragon, the Sorcerer of Dark Magic. "Your trap cards are useless, Ketchum."

Ash smiled. "You're wrong. I don't need a trap to trap all of you. I will use my Black Skull Dragon to attack your Sorcerer of Dark Magic!"

"But that means both of the monsters will be destroyed."

Sakura and Ash put their monsters in the graveyard. "Next, I will use the Trap card, Just Deserts, to give you your just deserts. 500 life points per monster on the field to be exact. Next, I will reveal my Princess of Tsurugi and inflict another 500 for every magic and trap card you have on the field."

Those last two moves brought the other player's life points to zero, but Sakura was the only one left as she didn't have any monsters, magic or trap cards on the field.

"Alright, Ketchum. I surrender." Sakura puts her hand on her deck.

"Great. You each owe me a thousand, which gives me five thousand." Ash counted, then he takes out a book. "By the way, could you sign something for me? I have friends who are big fans of your shows..."

The Anime Characters walked out of the room, only to enter a large mob of fans who want the characters' autographs. Sakura and Ash walked through the crowd to the exit.

Sakura was driving her car with Ash on the passenger's side.

"Ash...you were so..."

"Mean? Yeah, I know."

"How was your time?" Sakura asked. "You get the cookies I made?"

"Yeah. Why do you think I came to see you first?"

Ash takes out the winnings from the game and gave half to Sakura. "Two thousand and five hundred for you, with no tax deductions."

"Ash, you had just embarrassed me earlier, by barging into my new workplace, and ruining my professional reputation. At least tell me you got something better than this."

"Oh yeah, I got something better."

~

Ash and Sakura were sitting at a cafe having coffee.

"How's the wife?" Sakura asks.

Ash gives a glare at Sakura, giving Sakura the message. Not the right conversation starter.

"Ok. Tell me," Sakura said.

"Well, it's never been done before. It needs some planning and a large crew."

"Guns?"

"Not loaded ones. But it needs to be precise as there's a lot of security. But the risk is worth..."

"Ok, and the target?"

"Around eight figures."

"I said, 'and the target?'"

Ash got closer to Sakura's ear and whispered, "When was the last time you were in Domino City?"

"What? You're going to knock over a Game Corner?"

Ash shakes his head and shows three fingers. Three Game Corners. Sakura puts down her coffee.

That night, Sakura and Ash were inside the Mahora Academy Library, the biggest library in the world on an island. They were in the underground levels of the library. Through the use of flashlights, Ash finally found the blueprints needed for the idea.

"Here it is. The vault at 'Kaiba Land'." Ash puts the blueprints on the table.

Sakura looks through the plans. "You know what? This is the probably the most inaccessible vault ever designed." Sakura looks at the blueprints again. "Correction, this is definitely the most inaccessible vault ever designed. Like this place but with fewer exits."

"Yep."

"But you said three Gaming Corners?"

Ash takes out more blueprints. "These feed into the money pile at both 'Duelist Kingdom' and 'The Black Clown'."

"Hang on. Kaiba Land, Duelist Kingdom...don't tell me. We're robbing Seto Kaiba?!"

Ash looked at Sakura. "Yes," said Ash. "Do you think he'll mind?"

"I think more than that."

~

A librarian with blue hair entered the library with a flashlight.

~

Ash keeps the blueprints.

"But you'll need lots of people and a combination of cons," Sakura said.

"What do you think?" Ash asked.

Sakura counts her fingers. "Well, I think you're looking for a Bakura, a Shobu Kirufuda, one Mimi Tachikawa, two Ken Ichijoujis and a Yugi Mutou. Oh, and the biggest Greymon you can find. Ok, so, how are you going to fund this?"

"As long as we're hitting the Gaming Corners, we'll get our bankroll. Seto Kaiba has lots of enemies."

"But who would be willing to fund us as if he's got nothing to lose..." Sakura realized who's going to be their 'sponsor'.

"Kamiya," both said in unison.

~

The librarian was walking towards the part of the library where Sakura and Ash are...

~

"So?" Ash asked Sakura.

"Here's my thoughts. Why not you take this plan, kick it around for a week or two. Sleep on it. Turn it over in your head and never bring this up to me again."

Ash was not listening. "Yes. And you were saying?"

"I'm saying that it’s like trying to build a house of cards during an earthquake."

"Really? I thought it was much harder than that."

The librarian flashes the light at Ash and Sakura.

"Oh Pika! Would you lower it, Nodoka?" said Ash as he covers his face.

"Sorry." The librarian, Nodoka Miyazaki, lowers the flashlight. "Have you found what you wanted?"

"Yeah. Thanks. Do you mind if I borrow a couple of drawings for the night? Just need to make some copies," Ash said.

"Sure. Only the Library Exploration Club comes regularly and it’s not for the books."

Ash took out some money and handed it to Nodoka. "Thanks."

~

Ash and Sakura were waiting at the elevator to get out of the library...

"I need a reason, Ash. And it better not be for the money."

"Well, I'm no Jerry or Lizzy Maguire," Ash said.

Sakura sighs. "Why do this?"

Ash grins. "Why not do this?"

Sakura stares at Ash, waiting for an explanation. "Well...tell me."

"Ok, yesterday, when I walked out of the Prison, in my favorite outfit, you're stealing off some kids who don't know how to play duel monsters properly. And that is because they do not understand how it works. The cards are the reason why you win. Not skill, not luck and not brute strength. Unless you believe in the heart of the cards, you will take that big risk. And then...the duel is yours."

Silence...then the elevator doors open.

"I have no idea what the hell you just said, but I'm in." Sakura said. "Have you been practicing that speech?"

"A bit. Though I did make up some of it on the spot. Did I rush through it? It felt like I rushed it."

"No, it was good. Though you're still being mean to those kids, though."

The two stepped inside the elevator. As the door closes, Sakura says, "I wonder what will Kamiya say about this."

End of Part 1

Nice story Pika!
Keep up the good works!
I'd like to see more of your stories.

Next Chapter...

Ketchum's Eleven

02: Recruiting Nuts

Disclaimer: All characters, songs and scenes belong to their respective owners...

An A/U Crossover Type fanfic...

"You have got to be out of your freaking minds!"

Taichi Kamiya, the former owner of the 'Digi-Palace' was in his own living room, where Ash and Sakura were playing a game on Tai's PS2.

"Are you two listening to me? You are both nuts! I know more about Gaming Corners Security than any other man alive. I invented it and it cannot be beaten. They got cameras, watchers, locks, timers and vaults. They're extremely armed enough to take over the Digi-World...ok, bad example."

"Its never been tried."

"Its been tried. A few guys came even close. Remember the most successful robberies in Gaming history?"

Flashback 1

A man in a Team Rocket uniform walks to a worker and snatches a money box from an employee. At that instant, five Squirtles jumped out of nowhere, and everything freezes with the Team Rocket member having a horrified expression on his face.

Tai(V/O): In third place with the Bronze, a Team Rocket member grabs a money box at Goldenrod. He got two steps closer to the door before any living or undead soul before him.

The flashback resumes and the poor Team Rocket member got Skull Bashed in five different directions by the five Squirtles.

Flashback 2

A Meowth was running towards the Gaming Corner exit carrying a coin case full of coins. As the doors was about to open for him, a baton appeared out of nowhere and scene freezes...

Tai (V/O): The second most successful robbery, a Meowth tried to steal from the Celadon Gaming Corner. This guy actually had his brains backed up before they got him...

The scene resumes with the Meowth getting hit on the head by the baton and the coin on his head knocked into his skull.

Tai (V/O): As a result, they had to reupload his brains into his head for the next three weeks. Lousy Pokémon.

Flashback 3

Tai (V/O): The closest any man or monster that has gotten to robbing a Gaming Place is...

The tourists and staff were running away as a Wobbuffet runs through a glass door carrying large stacks of cash and only walked for about five steps when Officer Jenny suddenly arrives. Freeze scene.

Tai (V/O): In Mauville. Wobbuffet came, Wobbuffet grabbed, and Wobbuffet got conquered.

The scene resumes as Officer Jenny's bike runs over the Wobbuffet robber.

Taichi's mansion

"So you see. You two may be professionals. I'm sure you'll be able to make it out of the joint. But lest we forget, once you're out of the door, we're still in the middle of the freaking urban jungle!" Tai yelled.

Ash and Sakura finished their game.

"You're right, Tai." Sakura said, then to Ash, "He's right."

"Tai, you're totally right," said Ash. "I think our hearts are bigger than our brains."

"Exactly. Just pure ego," added Sakura.

"Yeah, blah, blah, blah."

Ash and Sakura got up and bowed to Tai. "You have shown us the right path and we thank you for that."

"Look, we go all the way back," said Tai. "I owe you from that thing with the guy in the place and I'll never forget it."

"It was our pleasure," Ash said as he puts on his cap.

"I've never been to the Digi-World," said Sakura.

"Give my sister your addresses. I got some old video games I could give you."

Ash and Sakura were walking towards the exit.

"By the way, out of curiosity," said Tai. "Which Game Corners did you blockheads pick to rob?"

Ash smiled and turns towards Tai. "Easy, 'Kaiba Land', 'Duelist Kingdom' and the 'Black Clown'."

Tai realized the connection. "Those are Seto Kaiba's Game Corners!"

Sakura nods. "Yep, he's right."

Tai takes a sip of his drink. "What do you have against Kaiba?"

Ash walks to Tai. "The real question is what do you have against him?" asked Ash.

"He torpedoed my gaming corner, kicked me out, and he's going to blow it up for a carpark! I don't think I don't see what you're doing!

"What are we doing, Tai?" asked Sakura.

"If you're going to rob Seto Kaiba, you'd better know what you're doing. This used to be easy. Hit a guy and he will whack you. Easy as that, but with Kaiba..." Tai shudders. "And the end of this, he'd better not know you're involved, know your names or think you're dead. Because he'll kill you and than make your former life a living hell."

"And that's why we've got to be very careful. We have to make it just right and well funded," said Ash.

"You're nuts! And you're going to need a crew who are as nuts as you are..." Silence. Tai looks around and whispered to Ash and Sakura, "Who do you have in mind?"

Ash and Sakura smiled.

Sakura: Alright, who's in?

Ash: James Stuart is in. He has developed a bad case of hayfever and has filed for a transfer to a more urban climate.

Celadon City

James was was doing a faux-sneeze into a hankerchief as his boss was signing the paperwork...

Next, James disembarks from a plane at Domino Airport, the city where he is transfered to.

~

Ash: And our wheels?

Digi-World

At a race way, a tank with antenna was on the race way. Next to it is a larger tank. Inside the real tank, a bluish-purple-haired boy was at the driver's seat, while another bluish-purple-haired boy was holding a remote control at track-side.

Sakura: I talked to Koji and Koichi yesterday.

Ash: The light and dark twins?

Sakura: They're both in the Digi-World. I got the feeling that they're ready for anything.

The lights change from red to green, and the race is on. The real tank is ahead of the remote-controlled one. But before the real tank could go any further ahead, the miniture tank shoots a shell at the carpillars of the regular tank, taking it out and slowing the larger of the two tanks.

"Hey! I thought you said no cannons!" Koji yelled out.

"No I didn't," said Koichi from the side lines.

Koji quickly aimed the real tank's turret at the smaller tank. Koji fires a shell at the remote-control tank, leaving behind a small hole at where his brother's remote control tank used to be.

"I'm declared the winner by default," announced Koji.

~

Ash: Electronics?

Sakura: Metabee.

Riverview

A survillence camera was watching two suspcious characters in full body rubber suits. The survillence camera is currently planted on top of a survillence van, under the disguise of a pest exterminator. Metabee was watching the conversation with two criminals as a couple of officers from the Select Corps.

Ash: How are his nerves?

Sakura: Ok...Not so bad that you would notice.

One of the officers was about to adjust the monitor when Metabee stopped him.

"Hey! Don't touch it!"

"What?!" The officer asked.

"How would you like it if I put my face in front of your Medabot's gun and asking him to fire it?"

"Hey, Metabee. Relax," The second officer said, trying top calm Metabee down.

~

During the daytime, Metabee was walking through the streets of Riverview, towards a Cafe, where Ash and Sakura were waiting. Metabee took a letter from Ash and walks off...

"Munitions?" asked Sakura.

Ash looks at his list. "Tracey Sketchit."

"Dead."

Ash was surprised. "Really? While watching wild Pokémon?"

Sakura shakes her head. "No, got on the wrong side of a Golem's Rollout during a Pokémon Battle."

"Sent any flowers?"

"I stole his sketchbooks."

Ash looks back at his list. "Eriol?"

Sakura looks at her watch. "Erm...today's Sunday, right?"

Ash nods.

"Could you give me a few seconds?" Sakura gets up and walks off...

Bank of Riverview

As it was a Sunday, no one would be in a bank unless you're a security guard or a bank robber. Eriol Hiragizawa and his gang are part of the latter group as they were right outside the bank vault in the basement and, Eriol was lining up some explosives on the vault door.

"Now, let's see some fireworks," Eriol said as he rubbed his hands. The gang behind him quickly ran around a corner as Eriol wires the explosives to a remote detonator and joins up with his gang around the corner.

"I always wanted to say this. Fire in the Hole!" Eriol detonates the bomb.

The vault door exploded, and the other gang members quickly entered the vault, but not before the alarm rang loudly. Eriol looked back at his gang.

"You imbeciles! I thought I told you to switch off the alarm!"

Eriol was handcuffed and sitting on the footpath next to a police car. An explosives cop was next to Eriol.

"And is that all you used during the event? Nothing else?" The cop asked.

"Are you accusing me of bobby-trapping?" Eriol asked back.

"Well? Do you?"

"Booby-trapping aren't Mr. Hiragizawa's style," a voice said. The cop turns around and sees Sakura in a suit and shades. "Isn't that right, Eriol?"

"Meowth, that's right," replied Eriol.

Sakura takes out a badge and briefly shows it before keeping it. "Hikaru, CLAMP. Let me take a guess. A G4 wired to a remote detonator that is doublecoilled, backwound, and a quick fuse that has a drag of 20 feet."

The cop has blank face. He has no idea what Sakura said.

"That's our man. And did you search this scumbag...for booby-traps. Really searched, not just for weapons.

"Errr..." Now the cop is totally confused. At that moment, Sakura pulls up Eriol and pushes him onto the cop car and 'searches' him for any explosives.

"Will you go see Wizard and tell him that I need to see him."

"Who?" asked he cop.

"Just go find him, will you?" said Sakura. The cop walks off, now not even sure what he is doing. At the same time, Sakura whispered to Eriol, "How quickly can you make something out of what I gave you?"

"Done," said Eriol. "Thirty seconds?"

"From when?"

Eriol snaps the explosive with his handcuffed hands. "Now."

Eriol and Sakura quickly walked away from the police car towards the barricade of police cars and a crowd of people.

"How long left?" whispered Sakura.

"Fifteen. Is Ash here?"

"At the cafe."

Eriol smiled. "Good to be working with professionals again." Eriol checked Sakura's watch. "Ok, Now!"

Eriol and Sakura started running and Sakura shouted, "Everybody down! There's a bomb in the..."

BOOM! The cop car that Eriol was pushed on exploded onto a ball of flames as everyone dropped to the ground and Eriol and Sakura run past the crowd on the floor and towards an alley. As the smoke clears, there was no sign of Sakura or Eriol...

Pokémon Circus

Ash and Sakura were sitting in the seats as they were surrounded by kids and adults watching the show.

"Ladies and gentlemen! The Amazing Pikachu!"

A Pikachu was on a tightrope above the ground.

"Ok, so he can walk on the rope," said Ash.

Sakura shakes her head as she watches. "No, more than that."

Pikachu was balancing a PokéBall on his head at the same time.

"Ok, so he can juggle. But we need something that can fit inside a box, not an acrobat. Who else is on the list?

"The Pikachu is."

"Who else?" asked Ash.

"Just watch."

The Pikachu roll himself up into a ball and rolls on the rope while keeping his balance. Everyone was impressed at that stunt.

"And if that wouldn't fit into a box, what will?" said Sakura.

~

Sakura and Ash walked out of the tent.

"We need Keitaro," Ash said to Sakura as they got into the car.

"He won't come. He left the game about a year ago."

"He lost his immortality?"

"Wife." Sakura bluntly said.

"Ok, you ask him."

Sakura sighs. "Yeah, who else but Sakura."

~

Hinata Excavation Dig

Keitaro was at an archelogical dig. Keitaro puts down his shovel and takes out a banana. Then, he said, "I saw you when I was leaving the portable toilet. I even saw you before you got up this morning."

Sakura was standing behind Keitaro. "How's it going, Keitaro?" greeted Sakura.

"Never better."

"What's with the banana?" asked Sakura, pointing at the banana.

"Su gave it to me before going to the University. Says that it makes me more human with my immortality by slipping on it after eating."

"So why don't you fall into a tanker full of milk and drown?"

Keitaro looks up at Sakura. "Are you here to help me remove the curse of my immortality?"

"Just come with me to the restaurant..."

~

Hinata Restaurant

Sakura and Keitaro were at the restaurant as they were served with tea and some octopus balls.

"I thought you would be dead by now, Keitaro."

"Why do you think I was given the most dangerous jobs?"

Sakura looks at the dig site. "What are you digging for?"

"Digimon Matrimonial Headmasks," Keitaro said, then looks at Sakura. "So, are you going to ask me or should I just say no and get it over with?"

"Keitaro, you're immortal and you're the best there is. What do you want?"

"Nothing. I'm an archelogist, I have a wife, my own Inn and I go to Tokyo University. So, I'm a changed man."

"People like us don't change, Keitaro," said Sakura. "We stay sharp or we get sloppy, but we don't change."

"And what does that mean?"

A loud crash was heard. Keitaro and Sakura looked back at the dig site.

"Would that be one of the Digimon Matrimonial Headmasks?" asked Sakura.

"Sarah is prone to breaking artifacts," said Keitaro, then he looks at Sakura and whispered, "Well, are you going to treat me like a grownup at least?  What is the scam about?"

Sakura smiled and whispered into Keitaro's ear. Keitaro was listening intently to the plan, then Sakura puts an envelope in Keitaro's hands and walks off.

More artifacts were broken as Keitato weighs his options. Repairing broken objects and face danger or face more danger and get something out of it. Keitaro makes his decision.

~

"And Keitaro makes ten." Ash crossed off the list.

Sakura and Ash were at a bar while everyone in the background was talking about the upcoming Gary Oak Pokémon Battle.

"Ten should do it, don't you think?"

Sakura shakes her head.

"Do you think we need one more?"

Sakura shrugs.

Ash repeated the same question again. "I said do you think we need one more?"

Sakura shrugs again.

"Fine, I'll get one more."

Ash walks out of the bar.

Tokyo

On a busy train, a young man with purple and blonde hair was watching a man in a red cap counting his Duel Monster cards. The man keeps his cards and makes his way to the exit. Yugi followed him out of the train through a different exit.

Yugi bumps into the red-cap man. "Sorry."

Yugi walks out of the station. He was about to check out his prize, only to find to his horror that not only he stole a fake card, but with the card comes with a note. One side reads 'Ash Ketchum'. The other side was a message, 'Nice try kid, meet me at the 7th Heaven Bar'

~

Yugi walks to the 7th Heaven bar, only to see a deck of cards, a drink on the table and Ash.

"Hi, Yugi. Please, sit down."

"Who are you?"

"A friend of your Grandfather, Solomon Mutou."

Yugi sees that this person knows his grandfather and sits at the table.

"Solomon told me about you. He said that you have the fastest hands of them all. Didn't really expect you to swipe from duelists in the trains."

"It wasn't work. It was practice."

Ash takes out a plane ticket and puts it on the table, keeping his hand over it.

"Here's the deal, Yugi. You're either in or out, right now."

"What is it?"

"Plane ticket and a job offer."

"And you think I would accept it at this moment?"

"Your grandfather has every faith in you."

"He's always like that." Then Yugi looks at Ash. "He didn't tell you?"

Ash shakes his head.

"He doesn't like me trading on his name as part of my job."

"Don't worry. If you do this job, your Grandfather will be trading on yours," said Ash.

"And if I say no?"

"Then, we get someone else who won't be as good. And you can resume to stealing cards from other duelists or have your voice stolen and implanted into a Prince of another realm." Ash looks up. "Check please!" Ash looks back at Yugi, only to see him read the letter. The deck of cards are still on the table, but the envelope is missing from Ash's hand.

"Best job I've ever seen you done," Ash complimented.

"I'm going back to Domino City, huh?"

"The home of Game Corners," said Ash.

And Yugi makes eleven.

End of Part 2

Ketchum's Eleven

03: The Crew at Work

An A/U Crossover Type fanfic...

Domino City, the home of Game Corners

Tai's Mansion

James was already at the mansion as the doorbell rings. Tai opens the door to find Metabee.

"Knock knock. Got any Medabots here?"

Behind Metabee were the K twins, Eriol, Pikachu, Keitaro and Yugi entering the house in no particular order.

"What did they do? Pay you group rate?" asked Tai.

~

Later, everyone was having a meal from the buffet table and minding their own business as Yugi looks around.

Ash, Sakura and Tai entered the room.

"Humans and non-humans, welcome to Domino City."

Everybody looked at Ash.

"Everybody eaten? Good. Everybody sober? Well, close enough. I think most of you know each other. But I don't think you've met Yugi Moto before. He's Solomon's grandson who was working in Tokyo."

Yugi waves at everyone around the room.

"Alright, before we start, nobody's on the line here yet. What I am about to propose to you is something that is both very dangerous and very rewarding. If you don't like that combination, then you are welcome to have as much food here and a safe journey. No hard feelings."

Silence.

"Otherwise, come with me."

Ash and Sakura walked out of the room, then Eriol decided to follow them, right behind him was Pikachu, James, Metabee, Koji, Koichi and Keitaro. Tai sees Yugi left in the room.

"Hi," said Yugi.

"You're Solomon's grandkid, right?" asks Tai.

"Yeah."

"Used to stay in Domino?"

"Yeah." Yugi nods.

"It's nice here. You like it?

"Yeah."

"Great," said Tai, then with a change of expression. "Get into the freaking room."

Tai pushed Yugi into the room, where everyone was waiting.

~

Inside, Ash shows the gang a video blueprint of the a particular gaming corner and it's vault.

"Kaiba Land's vault. Located below Kaiba's Plot, under almost two hundred feet of solid earth. It protects every coin that comes from each of those game corners above." Ash smiles with a dramatic silence. "We're going to rob it."

Everyone gave the breath of shock and awe.

"A typical smash-and-grab job?" asked Yugi.

"No, its a bit more complicated than that," Sakura said as she takes a remote and changes the TV screen to show a more detailed blueprint of Kaiba Land.

"Courtesy of James Stuart, our new worker at Kaiba Land. With some security tapes at Kaiba Land," said Ash.

Everyone was watchingthe blue print.

"Here's the bad news," said Ash. "This place uses a security system that rivals most nuclear silos. First, we need to get near that lift."

Sakura points at the screen. "Here, here and here."

Ash continued. "Which anyone knows that we need just more than a smile. Next, through these doors, each require a different six-digit code that changes every twelve hours. Behind the doors is the elevator and this is where it gets tricky. The elevator won't move without an authorised fingerprint identification..."

"Which we can't fake," Sakura added.

"...and vocal confirmations from both the security center within Kaiba Land and the vault below..."

"Which we won't get," adds Sakura.

"And not to mention that the elevator is rigged with motion detectors..."

"Meaning that if we try to manually override the lift, the shaft's exit will be lock down automatically and we'll be trapped," Sakura bluntly said.

"And once we get down the shaft, though, its a walk in the park. Three more guards with Uzis and the big metal door belonging to the vault." Ash looks around. "Any questions?".

Everyone look among themselves, then Pikachu raised his paw.

"Pika. Pi pika kachu pika pikachu pika chu pika?"

Sakura figured out the the question before everyone else and answered it. "No, tunneling is out. They have sensors that can monitor the ground for over a hundred yards in every direction. If a Dugtrio tries to make a home there, they'll know. Anyone else?"??

More silence as everyone was thinking about what to say, then...

Koji decided to speak. "You said something about good news."

Ash knows its his turn to answer. "Good question. You see, the Tokyo Commission of Gaming states that a gaming corner must hold in reserve enough cash to cover every coin at play on its floor. As I mentioned, this vault services the three game corners above. Which means, by law, the vault must hold around sixty to seventy million dollars in cash and coin. On a weekend, eighty to ninety million. During a major event like a Pok?n battle or Card Duel, almost a hundred and fifty million. Without breaking a sweat." Ash looks around the room. Everyone was engrossed with Ash's explanation. "Now, there are eleven of us. Each with an equal share. Do the math."

Everyone else started doing the math, with Koichi counting with his hands. "That's a lot."

Sakura smiled. "Like I said."

Keitaro raised his hand. "I have a question."

Ash looks at Keitaro. "Say if we do get behind those security doors and down the elevator we can't move, and past the guards with the guns and into the vault we can't open..."

"Without being seen on camera," said Sakura.

"Sorry, forgot the cameras," Ash apologised.

"Yes and we do all that. Are we suppose to get out with the money we have without anyone stopping us?" asked Keitaro.

"Yes" was Ash's answer.

Keitaro looked at Ash, wondering if he has lost his mind or he actually has a plan in his head.

"First task: reconnaissance. I want to know everything that is going on in those Game Corners. From the rotation of the workers to the path of every cash cart," said Ash.

~

Kaiba Land

James was transcribing a conversation between two technicians as he was pretending to do a crossword.

Ash's V/O: I want to know everything about every guard, every watcher, anyone with a security pass. I want to know where they're from, what their nicknames are and how they take their coffee.

~

Koji and Koichi were watching a security guard using the security pass and the sentry at the door. They also spot the security camera above watching the door.

Ash's V/O: Most of all, I want you guys to know these Game Corners. They were built like a maze to keep people in. I want you guys to take the quickest exit out.

Koji and Koichi were making they way to the exit, only to be unsure which is the right exit.

"I think it's this way." Koji points at the right.

"No, its this way." Koichi said as he points to the left.

~

"Second task: power. On the night of the battle, we'll throw the switch on Domino City. Eriol, this is where you come in."

"You want blown fuse, short circuit or complete blackout?" asked Eriol.

"How about all three?" said Ash.

"Done."

~

Outside on the streets of Domino, Eriol puts around some orange cones and pulls out a manhole cover and gets into the hole without anyone getting suspicious of him.

"Third task: Surveillance. The security has an eye and ear on everything, so we'll want an eye and ear on them. Metabee."

Ash and Metabee were looking at the blueprints 'borrowed' from the library on a computer.

"This is not the least accessible I've seen, but its close," Metabee said. "I don't suppose they have a closed-circuit feed I can tap into?"

Ash shakes his head.

"This would definitely require someone to go in. Do they employ an in-house technician?" asked Metabee.

Ash looks at Sakura, who was having a banana.

"Two...and one is very addicted to video games. I'll get Yugi."

One of the technicians was playing an arcade game and Yugi walks by and swipes the card from the technician.

~

Outside, Yugi gives the card to Sakura. Sakura gives Yugi some money.

"Good, keep him busy and I'll be back within the hour."

Sakura gets into a car that has lots of balloons on it...

At Kaiba Land, a delivery boy was delivering some balloons when he bumped into a tourist and the balloons flew off his hands into a security camera.

"Hey, watch it, bud!"

The guard in the security room sees the camera blocked by balloons.

"Sentry, we have a visual impairment at the east door camera," said one of the guards.

The sentry walks to the spot where the balloons were covering the camera.

"Excuse me sir, but you're gonna have to move those balloons," the Sentry said, but delivery boy Koji was picking a fight with the tourist, Koichi.

"Who are you calling a 'bud', pal?

"Who you calling a 'pal', friend?"

"Who are you calling a 'friend'...errr...bud."

As the sentry was distracted by Koji and Koichi, Metabee sneaks in, disguised as a technician. Metabee quickly looks at his scrap of paper with the map of the corridors, making his way to the circuitry room.

"Time for me to work," mumbled Metabee.

~

Back outside, the argument is still going on.

Koji was pointing at his head. "Ever heard of this new medical discovery? Its call 'a sense of direction'! I heard that we are all supposed to have one."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever, airhead," Koichi said.

The sentry tried to calm the two down. "Please, gentlemen."

~

Metabee clips in a bug into the wiring and checks to see if the feed can be received through a portable TV receiver.

~

Ash and Sakura watched the computer monitors to see the views of every security camera and the ability to hear everything in the Game Corner,
all thanks to Metabee's bug. Ash looks at the colors of the corridor walls.

"Why do they paint the hallways that color?" asked Ash.

"Heard that Kaiba has no imagination," was the reply from Sakura as she drinks a milkshake.

~

Metabee's job is done and as he was about to look at his scrap of paper with the map of the corridors, he finds that he has held the paper too hard and it is now in pieces.

~

Ash and Sakura were watching Metabee.

"Uh-oh."

~

Metabee was trying to find his way out, but the only way out is passing by a technician.

"Hello." The technician greeted.

"Hi." Metabee greeted back. Metabee sees the exits and quickly makes his way for it.

"Hey!"

Metabee quickly makes his way to the exit and slides his keycard on the panel. It did not open.

"Wrong side."

~

The sentry jumps up and takes the balloon away from the camera. Koji quickly takes the balloons back.

"Hey! Get your own balloons!"

~

Metabee quickly turned the card around and slides the card correctly, but as the door was about to open, the technician blocks the way. It's over.

"You dropped this."

The technician gave Metabee the portable TV receiver Metabee dropped.

"Thanks," Metabee said and leaves the corridor.

"How's the reception on these things?" asked the technician.

"It's great."

Ash and Sakura sighed as they watched the confrontation.

Ash looks at Sakura. "Well?"

"That was tense. Anyway, what's next?"

"Fourth Task: construction."

The next day, Ash was leading the crew in the construction.

"We need to build an exact, working replica of the Kaiba Land Vault."

"For practice?" Sakura asks.

"Something like that."

Yugi was carrying some of the materials but Ash pulled him aside.

"Fifth task: Intelligence. We need those codes, Yugi. From the only man who has all three."

"Kaiba."

"Learn to love his shadow," Ash said and addressed to the others. "Sixth Task: Transport."

"Hang on! All I got to do is watch him?" Yugi asks.

"For now. You got to learn how to watch Pok?n before you train them."

Yugi was clueless.

"He means crawl before you walk," Sakura said.

Ash walks to Koji and Koichi.

"Sixth Task: Transport."

Izzy Izumi's Vehicle Dealership

Koji and Koichi were testing out the different models while James was negotiating the price.

"I'm sorry, sir," Izzy said. "Seventeen is the best offer I cam make for you." Izzy looks outside to check on the twins.

"I understand. They're beautiful vans. Well, I thank you for your time...Mr..."

"Izumi. Izzy Izumi."

"Yes. Izzy...like a computer." James shakes hands with Izzy. "You know, you have lovely hands. Do you moisturise?"

"Wa?"

James was not releasing Izzy's hand. "I can tell. I try all sorts of lotions. I went through a fragrance-free period last year, and I'm now liking this new brand. I know someone who uses Aloe Vera with sun screen built in."

"Err...yes, and you say that you were willing to pay in cash?"

"Yes," James said, and then continued. "You know, they say that if you wear gloves in bed..."

"If you could pay cash, I could probably drop the price by a bit. To say...sixteen?"

James tightens his grip on Izzy's hands.

"Fifteen each."

James smiled and loosens his grip. "That would be lovely."

Ash was counting the list of tasks. We've got power, intelligence, transport...

At that moment, Tai and Keitaro walked to Ash.

"Anything for me to do, Ash?" Tai asked.

Ash looks at Keitaro, then at Tai. "Yes, get your wallet."

~

Takenouchi's Fine Suits

Keitaro was trying out the best suits Tai's money can find and with a bit of favorable discounts from the owner, Sora Takenouchi.

"This is very fine material..."

"Yeah, Tai was able to convince Sora to have these suits made specially for you."

"Well, its very nice," Keitaro said, but Ash was able to notice Keitaro's nervousness. "Could you give us a moment?"

The tailor walked off.

"Keitaro, are you sure you are ready to do this?"

Keitaro looks away. "If you ever question me again, Ash, I'll make sure you'll never see your cap in a thousand years."

"You're ready," Ash said.

Ash walked off to Tai for the payment as Keitaro looks at the mirror.

"Hello, my name is Hamtaro Urashima." Keitaro looks at himself, and then tries again with a different voice. "My name is Hamtaro Urashima."

~

Keitaro was in the back of a limo with Ash. Keitaro was still practicing his accent and it is so flat that no one knows where he's actually from. Ash hands Keitaro an envelope with some money and a deck of Cards.

"Here's twenty grand and a deck of Duel Monsters Cards. Make them last, Keitaro."

Keitaro checks his pockets. "Have you seen my..."

Ash takes out a packet of lifesavers. "Use these in case of emergencies. And they have complimentary bananas in the suite."

"You're a lifesaver, Ash."

The limo stopped in front of Kaiba Land.

"Mr. Urashima, we're here." The bodyguards Koji and Koichi opened the door.

"Good luck, Hamtaro."

"No, luck is for those puny mortals," Keitaro said as he walks into Kaiba Land...

Keitaro walks to the lobby where the hotel receptionist is doing work.

"Yes, how can I be of service to you?"

"Yes, my name is Hamtaro Urashima. I would like a suite, please."

"Ok, sir. Have you made any reservations?"

"Hamtaro Urashima do not make reservations."

The receptionist looks at the bodyguards. Saying 'No' to this man may bring some unfortunate accident. The receptionist gets to the preparations...

Inside, Yugi was with Sakura at the bar having dinner, watching Keitaro receiving the royal treatment.

"Ok, tell me about Kaiba," Sakura said.

"He's like a machine."

~

Seto Kaiba reaches his Gaming Corner in a limo...

Yugi (V/O): He arrives at Kaiba Land everyday at two PM. Same car, same driver. Remembers every valet's name on the way in. Not bad for someone who runs a former weapons manufacturing company.

Seto walks to his office, greeting every staff member that he sees.

~

Later, Kaiba leaves his office and walks around the area and meets up with his manager.

Yugi (V/O): Offices are up stairs. He works hard, hits the lobby floor at seven PM sharp...

Yugi was watching Kaiba talking with the manager.

Yugi (V/O): He spends around three minutes with his casino manager.

Sakura (V/O): What are they talking about?

Yugi (V/O): All business. Kaiba likes to know what's going on with his Game Corners. There's rarely an incident he doesn't know about or handle personally.

~

Seto walks into the Experts Dueling room. He speaks with some of the players in their native languages, including a Meowth.

Yugi (V/O): He spends a few minutes greeting with some Expert Duelists. He's fluent in Japanese, English, German, Spanish, Italian and I heard that he's even learning how to speak Pokémon. And getting good at it too. At seven-thirty, his assistant will hand him a black portfolio. Contents: The day's take and today's security codes. Then, he makes his way for the restaurant.

The assistant appears and hands Seto the black portfolio with the necessary information.

~

Sakura and Yugi watched the entrance. Nothing happens.

"Give it a few seconds," Yugi said.

Kaiba appears with his black portfolio...

"Like I said, a machine."

Sakura watches Kaiba. "And that portfolio contains the codes to all doors?"

"Two minutes after they've been changed, he's got them in his hands." Yugi looks around, then whispers to Sakura. "Let me say this. You pick one hell of a target. He is as smart and ruthless as they come. The last guy caught cheating here, Kaiba not only sent him up for ten years, he got the bank to seize the guy's house and bankrupt..."

"...his brother-in-law's business. I heard," finished Sakura as she eats from a plate of shrimps.

"He just doesn't just break your legs, he goes after your livelihood. And everyone-you-ever-met's livelihood."

"You scared?" asked Sakura with a grin.

Yugi looked at Sakura. "You suicidal?"

"Only when it comes with cards." Sakura looks around. "Now what?"

"Now, here comes the girl," Yugi said. "If she comes down before Kaiba, means that she had one of those 'violent' days."

Sakura looks at Yugi. "Where's she from?"

"The museum downstairs. She's the curator down there," said Yugi. "But be careful, if she's in a really bad mood, not even Kaiba can stand up against her wrath."

Sakura looks back to see a orange-haired woman in a beautiful dress walking towards the restaurant. One look at the orange-haired woman and Sakura's face just went pale and she dropped the shrimp she was eating. Sakura quickly looked away as the woman walked by.

"I have no idea if we can use her yet," Yugi said. "I didn't catch her name."

"Misty," mumbled Sakura.

"What?"

Sakura looks away. "Her name is Misty."

End of Part 3

New Chapter:

Ketchum's Eleven

04: A Thief, a Liar and an Idiot  

The construction of the fake Kaiba Land Vault has been completed. Metabee was setting up a security camera into a corner, while trying to compare the view to a video footage of the actual vault.

At the same time, Koji and Koichi have begun with their modifications with the vans they purchased earlier, using tools consisting of blowtorches, hammers and wrenches. Tai walks into the room and recognises something being carried by Koji.

"This looks familiar. Where did you get this?" Tai asks.

"From your Boat," Koji replied.

"Ash! Tell them not to touch my boat!" yelled Tai.

Ash was watching everything, ignoring Tai's calls. Ash looks at a stopwatch and at that moment, the lid of a cash cart opens up, and Pikachu gets out with a canister of Oxygen and pulls off the mask, taking a deep breath.

"29:47. Everything alright, Pikachu?" Ash asks.

Pikachu looks up and replies. "Pika. Pikachu, pikapika."

Sakura has just entered the warehouse.

"What doesn't suffocate a Pikachu not in a PokéBall?" Sakura said, giving a general translation of what Pikachu said, although Ash could understand what Pikachu is saying. Then, Sakura points to the door. "Outside."

~

Outside, Ash and Sakura walked out of the warehouse over a distance, far enough that no one would hear them.

"What is it?" Ash asked.

Sakura shakes her head. "Tell me this isn't about her. Or I'll walk off the job right now."

"Wa?" Ash has no idea what Sakura meant.

"I mean, Misty. She's with Seto Kaiba now. Tell me this isn't about stealing from the guy who's stole your wife."

"Ex-wife," corrected Ash.

"Tell me."

"It's not...about that...entirely."

Sakura was waiting for an answer.

"You said you needed a reason," said Ash.

Sakura crosses her arms. "Here's the problem. We're now stealing two things. And when push comes to shove, if you can't have both, which are you gonna choose? And remember, Misty cannot be cut up into 11 pieces."

Ash was calm. "If things go to plan, I won't be the one to make that choice."

Silence.

"So, Sakura, how did she look by the way?" asked Ash. "Misty, I mean."

"I've seen her happier."

Kaiba Land Museum

The latest acquisition for the museum is a portrait of a Mermaid.

"The best word for this is 'beauty', Misty said as she looks at the Mermaid portrait. "It was painted after the artist broke up with his wife," Misty explained.

The seller of the portrait and his team were with the portrait. "Yes, I rumors has it that that the wife was quite violent."

Misty points at the portrait. "It's some of the signs of conflict. The mermaid's top part shows beauty and how much the artist loves his wife, but the bottom half with the fish fins and tail shows the ugliness and how much she drives him insane."

The seller looks at his watch. "Will Mr. Kaiba be late? I have a flight to catch."

"Mr. Kaiba is never late," Misty said. At that instant, the doors to the museum opens and the great owner Seto Kaiba, at the right time.

"Am I late?" Seto asked, with the unnecessary question.

"Not at all," Misty replied, unnecessarily. But with the necessary explanation, "but Mr. Mizuhara, the seller of the Mermaid portrait is here."

"Mr. Mizuhara, I do apologise if I kept you. I had to deal with some things with the Pokémon Arena. My promoter had an unlimited budget and he had exceeded it by a can of cola." Kaiba shakes his head. "I knew I should have taken that deal with that company."

"Oh yes, the Pokémon Battle. Heard it's going to be one hell of a fight," said Mizuhara.

The conversation was starting to get off topic, but Misty quickly brought it back to topic by pointing at the Mermaid portrait.

"Well, back to the painting. It's a beauty, isn't it?" said Kaiba. "I've been searching for that for many years and it's finally made its home here in the Museum."

"Sure it is. And it's yours."

Seto shakes his head. "Not mine. The painting belongs to everyone who comes into my business; let them be stayers, tourists or duelists. Isn't that right, Ms. Ketchum?"

Misty was distracted by the painting, then looks back at Seto. "Huh, what?"

"She's lovely, isn't she?"

"Huh, what?" Mr. Mizuhara said confused with what is going on as he has a plane to catch.

"The painting."

"Oh, yeah. Well, you're the only one who met my price."

"Mr. Kaiba," Mizuhara's assistant said, "Would you like a few shots with the portrait? Mr. Mizuhara has a plane to catch."

"Of course."

After a few quick photo shoots with Mizuhara and Kaiba, Mr. Mizuhara and his men left the museum, leaving Misty and Seto with the Mermaid painting.

"You like it?" Misty asked.

"I like it that you like it, but I got some bad world in the news of fashion," said Seto. "It seems that Gary is wearing a red cap on his head."

"And?"

"And as I recalled, you were planning on wearing something red to go with your hair? If the TV cameras pick us up in the front row, they would be more on you than Gary. It's either Gary's cap or your dress. Gary made his decision, and I just want to see yours."

"I see."

Misty was disappointed, but she's hiding that disappointment.

"But not to worry. There are better dresses out there," Seto said.

Misty was about to kiss Seto when Seto looks up.

"Oh, the camera."

"In my business, there's always someone watching."

Seto walks off. Misty remained in the museum.

Seto entered the Experts Dueling Room, Keitaro easily defeated any duelist that challenged him and made a lot of money from it.

"You're pretty good, Mr. Urashima. What is your secret?" A player asked.

Keitaro looks at the other player. "I don't believe in revealing my secrets. It cost too much. And I don't believe in questions either," Keitaro said in a tone of voice which seems that if you get on his bad side...

The player shuts up. Keitaro sees Seto in the Experts Dueling room.

Kaiba walks to the manager.

"Got anything new?"

"A Mr. Urashima. Hamtaro Urashima. He's a very skilled duelist with some powerful cards. He wishes to speak with you privately."

"Who is he?" Seto asked.

"A businessman of some sort. Working from either America or Europe. He doesn't say much but rumor has it that he deals mostly with either arms or ancient artifacts. Either way, he's one of the biggest."

"Urashima? Never heard of him."

"Yes sir. That's why I don't doubt it."

"He's staying here?"

"He checked in about a couple of nights ago, sir. He's in the Lord Of Dragons Suite."

"How's he doing?"

"Won about 50 Grand US."

Seto inwardly cursed. There's no way out of this one

~

Meanwhile, Misty was having a drink at restaurant, waiting for Seto. He's late, by a few seconds and that's something unlike Seto. Then, a pair of hands was on Misty's shoulders.

"You're thirty seconds late. If I had waited a bit more, I would have smashed your head in with my mallet," Misty said with a bit of an idle threat.

Misty turns around to see Ash.

"Ash?"

"Hello, Misty."

Misty was about to grab her mallet but it was no longer where she had hidden it. Ash was holding the mallet behind his back.

"That was the first place I looked," said Ash.

Since she is not in reach of her mallet, Misty decided to talk to Ash. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm out..."

"You're out..."

"Of prison. You remember, I went to get some carrots and never came back. You must have noticed."

"You know I hate carrots. Don't sit..."

Ash sits on the chair in front of Misty. Bad move...

"Those people at the prison said I repaid my debt to society," said Ash.

"Strange, I never got a single cent. Now leave..."

"It's good to see you," Ash said, interrupting Misty. Then, he sees Misty's hand. "You're not wearing your ring."

"I sold it. And I don't have a husband. Or did the letters I sent you somehow vanished?"

"On my last day inside."

"I told you I'd write." said Misty, and then looks around. "Now go before..."

"Kaiba, right?"

Misty froze. Ash knows what's going on. Ash smiled.

"Ash."

"The museum must have a great curator like you."

Misty sighs.

"Especially that the image of the President of Japan. It displays lots of his vanity and his arrogance."

"And who do we know is like that?" Misty asked with a bit of sarcasm.

"I always get Sakura and Haruka confused. Which one is the Pokémon Coordinator?"

"Haruka."

"And Sakura is a Kunoichi in Naruto."

"No, she's the one who implements your schemes. And what is the point of this conversation?"

Ash smiled. "You do not know how many times I've played this conversation in my head for the past few years."

"You mean it's this bad?"

Ash nods.

"Must be frustrating."

"It's hard to please you." Misty shakes her head. "Anyway, I'll make this quick. I came for you. I'm going to get on with my life and I want you with me."

Misty looked at Ash and said, "You're a thief, a liar and an idiot."

"I know I am an Idiot, but I only lied about being a thief, but I don't do that anymore."

"Lie?" Misty asked.

"Being an idiot."

Misty sighs. This is going to be a long conversation.  "I'm with someone who isn't any of the three you are."

"No, he knows a lot about the three."

"And it took you two years to know that?"

"Year and a half."

Misty smiled. "Do you know what's your problem, Ash?" asks Misty.

"I have one?"

"You've met too many people like you and I'm with Seto now."

"Does he make you laugh?" asked Ash.

"He doesn't make me want to use my mallet as often...which reminds me, give it back to me."

Meanwhile, back in the Expert Duelist Room, Seto was watching Hamtaro Urashima and another duelist. In an attempt to psyche Keitaro out, the duelist decided to give a small bit of advice...

"You don't want to get in the hole too heavy with Kaiba. A friend of mine once borrowed almost a hundred Gs from the guy. Two months went by and Kaiba hadn't heard from him, so he calls my friend and asked, 'Where's my money?' The reply was 'I'd get to it when I get to it.' Half an hour later, my friend was hanging over ten floors on a balcony by his feet. 'You're gonna get to it now?'"

The duelist made his move, but Keitaro expected that move and instantly use his trap cards to counter the move and beat the duelist.

"Winner is Hamtaro Urashima. Congratulations sir," announced James.

Seto walks to Keitaro.

"Hello, Mr. Kaiba," greeted the duelist.

"Mr. Devlin. How's everything?"

"Someone must have made a bad cocktail."

"And I thought you were drinking vodka." Seto walks to Keitaro. "Mr. Urashima?"

Keitaro looks at Seto. "I reconise you from the TV, Mr. Kaiba. I heard that 90 percent of the time in all casinos, the owner comes up to ask me at the end of a game."

"You're the guest, sir."

"And I might have to impose on your hospitality."

"I'd love to, but the Tokyo Commission of Gaming would love to see me get eaten by one of my Blue Eyes White Dragons if I do that for my own gain.

"A shame. With so much power, you're skills are reduced to playing only for Charity," said Keitaro.

"It's no shame at all. As long as my skills go to a good cause."

Later, at a corner...

"The battle is on this Saturday, correct?" asked Keitaro.

"If you want some seats, I am happy to get some..."

Keitaro shakes his head. "No. I have no interest in those sort of petty things. I have a package arriving this Saturday evening. A black briefcase, standard size, and the contents are very valuable to me."

"I'd be happy to put it in the house safe for you," offered Seto.

Keitaro shakes his head again. "I use the house safe is for my drinks and archeological artifacts. But I need something more secure."

"I assure you, Mr. Urashima, the house safe is the..."

Keitaro gives a look at Seto. One that means that saying "no" might lead to some form of bad luck. "I assure you, Mr. Kaiba, your generosity for that matter will not go overlooked. Now, what can you offer me besides the safe?"

"The kind of people you steal things from, and then have insurance to compensate them. With that, they are made whole again. I had to leave Pallet Town to get away from what happened. Now, how am I going to get my five years back...and my Mallet?"

"I can give you back your Mallet, but what you can do is not to throw away another five years," said Ash.

"You don't know anything about..."

"Listen, if you don't love me anymore, that's fine with me," said Ash. "But if you want to make a life with someone else, it better not be with 'him'."

"Spoken like a true ex-husband.".

"I'm not joking, Mist," said Ash.

"And I'm not laughing," said Misty. "But you'd have to admit that there is a conflict of interest when you give me advice about my love life."

"But that doesn't mean that I'm wrong."

Misty sees Ash's ring on his finger.

"Did you remember what I said to you when we first met?" asked Misty.

"I remember. You said, 'you better know what you’re doing'. A few hours later, you slapped me in the face." Ash feels his face. "And I remembered how much
it hurt."

"You actually remember that slap?"

"Yes, and I know what I'm doing..."

"What are you doing?" asked Seto as he arrived at the table.

"I'm just catching up," calmly said Ash.

Misty stood up and introduced the two men. "Seto, meet my ex-husband..."

"Ash Ketchum." Ash extended his hand to Seto.

Seto shakes Ash's hand. "Mr. Ketchum." Seto looks at Misty. "Sorry for being late, but a guest has required my attention."

"Ash was just walking through the restaurant when he saw me," explained Misty.

"Is that right?" Seto looked at Ash.  

Ash nods. "I was shocked myself. Imagine the odds."

"Of all the game corners in the world..." Seto mumbled, and then said, "You've been in prison until recently, right? How does it feel to be out?"

"The same," said Ash. "Everything you want is still on the other side."

Seto smiled. "At least you're still human."

"Seto, Ash was about to..."

Ash interrupted Misty. "I just wanted to say hello, for old time's sake."

"Would you like a drink?" asked Seto.

"He/I can't..." Both said simultaneously, leading to an awkward silence, and then Seto takes Misty's hand.

"Well, Mr. Ketchum. I don't imagine that I would be seeing you again," said Seto.

Ash shrugged. "You'll never know," he said. "After all, I admit that I like your courage."

"I know everything that happens in my businesses and I thank you for your compliment," said Kaiba.

"Then, I'd better put those towels back."

"The towels you can keep," said Seto.

Ash smiled. "Nice seeing you, Mist."

"Take care, Ash."

As Ash leaves the restaurant, Misty looks at Seto and said, "I'm sorry..."

"Don't be," said Seto.

~

Outside the restaurant, Ash looks back at Misty, seeing the mist (no pun intended) in Misty's eyes. There might be a chance with Misty. As Ash walks off, he did not see a rubbish bin following Ash. Yugi pops his head out of the bin and looks at the restaurant, then resumes to his job of following Ash by pretending to be a real walking bin.

In a room, Eriol was busy carving 'Emeralds' out of the green explosives he had used before. Then a knock was at the door...

"House cleaning," a maid's voice said as she knocks on the door.

"I'm in the shower!" Eriol called out without looking up from his project. "Come back later."

The maid continues on to the next room. The TV was on, broadcasting live the demolition of Taichi Kamiya's bankrupted Game Corner.

Reporter on News: We are here at the historic Digi-Palace Hotel and Game Corner, once the top business in Domino City is now seconds away from demolition.

~

At the demolition site, a crowd was witnessing the demolition, with Seto at the stand with the button to demolish the place, Misty watching from the side, Ash watching from the crowd and Yugi keeping an eye on Ash.

Reporter: And here is Taichi Kamiya, former owner of the Digi-Palace, here to bid farewell to his old business and to wish Seto Kaiba the best with his future plans with the property.

Tai walked to the stand and both Seto and Tai were together for the photos.

"Good to see you," Seto greeted.

"I wonder what you will do if this happens to you." Tai said.

Misty looks around and sees Ash in the crowd. Seto and Yugi also noticed Misty looking at Ash. Then, Seto resumes to what he was going to do, demolishing that building. Gary Oak got on stage and puts his hand on the plunger with Seto.

"I hope there is as much dynamite in the Digi-Palace as there will be in this Saturday's battle."

The two pushed the plunger, totally demolishing Tai's old business.

Back inside, Eriol was still working with the emeralds throughout the demolition. He watches in awe of the demolition on the TV even though it's happening right outside the window behind him. Suddenly the lights started to flicker and the power went out. Eriol looks up. "Lousy..."

Eriol quickly picks up a 'Do Not Disturb' sign and puts it on the door before leaving...

End of Part 4

Ketchum's Eleven

05: What stinks?

"Saturday day is yours. Do whatever you like with it," Sakura said as she addressed the Nine (minus Eriol) in Tai's mansion, in the room with the models of the Game Corners.

Sakura looks around. "Where's Eriol? He's missing his favorite Scones and Tea meeting. Well, anyway roll call is at five-thirty. Keitaro's package arrives at seven-fifteen and Yugi will grab our codes. All goes well there and it's on. From that point, we have thirty minutes to blow the power or Pikachu suffocates."

~

Warehouse with fake Vault

"Once the power is down, all entry points to the vault and it's elevator will automatically lock down for a couple of minutes. That's when we make our move," Sakura said.

Koji and Koichi pushing the trolley into the fake vault.

"Ok, Pikachu. They've put you in the middle of the room, far from everything. You have to get from here to the door without touching the floor. What do you do?

Pikachu gets out of the trolley and prepares to make the jump to a ledge.

Koji decides to make a bet. "Ten says he shorts it," said Koji.

Everyone else took that bet. "Twenty."

Pikachu makes the jump successfully without touching the floor sensors and makes his way to the designated position near the door as the place for explosives.

James suddenly sniffed the air. "What stinks?"

At that moment, Eriol enters the warehouse, covered in sewage. Nothing, not even the smell can hide Eriol's pissed off look on his face. "Window or aisle, people?" The others were clueless. "Alright, lady and gentlemen, boys and girl! We're in deep Digimon doo-doo now!"

~

Yugi was using a hose to wash Eriol off as he spat out water and tries to tell his story, but with the water splashing on him loudly. "Bloody hell, Yugi! Can't you at least control the pressure?!"

After getting literally cleaned from head-to-toe, Eriol began to explain the problem.

"Those bloody demolition idiots forgot to readjust and back up the main power lines. It just cooked the mainframe wirings."

Tai looks at Metabee. "Got any idea what he's saying?"

Metabee looks at Tai. "I thought you played enough Video games to know what he would be saying?"

Eriol continued, "They blew up the backup grid, one by one! Just like dominos...no pun intended."

Ash also has an idea on what Eriol means, but decided to ask for the reader's sake. "Eriol, what happened? In some language that we could all understand."

~

Flashback

In the sewers, Eriol was shadowing some engineers who were investigating the fuse boxes. Eriol was near a waterfall from a pipe.

Eriol's V/O: They did what I had planned to do. Only they did it by accident. Now they know their weakness and they're fixing it.

Eriol hears the engineers moving towards, so Eriol quickly hid behind the waterfall of sewerage...

~

Eriol finishes drying his hair.

"So, unless we do this job like Solid Snake, we're like Team Rocket, blasting off."

Ash started thinking. "We could..."

"By tomorrow?" asked Sakura.

"Oh..." Ash then started thinking again.

Eriol suddenly has an idea. "I got it. We could use an EMP bomb." Ash looks up.

"What is an EMP Bomb?" asked Ash.

"It's a device that emulates a cardiac arrest for any broad-band circuitry. Or better yet, it's a bomb without the boom-boom bomb. For example, when a Nuclear Weapon detonates, it unleashes an electromagnetic pulse which shuts down any power source in the vicinity, where the EMP name comes from. But it does not matter in most cases as whatever power source in the explosion gets destroyed anyway. Now, the EMP Bomb will create the electromagnetic pulse, without the major headache of mass destruction and death. So, instead of a big hole in the ground, we would get the Warring States."

"For how long?" Sakura asked.

"At least 30 Seconds."

"Is there one that could take out the power of an entire city? One as big as..."

"Domino City?" Eriol wondered. "There's only one place with an EMP bomb big enough to do that and it's at..."

~

Digi-World Secret High Tech Science Lab - 'No Unauthorised Entry'

A van drives into the compound.

Koji and Koichi were in the front with Ash, Eriol and Pikachu carrying the necessary equipment to steal the EMP bomb. Yugi somehow came along.

"You two ready?" Ash asked.

The two nods. As Yugi tried to follow, Ash stopped him. "What are you doing?"

"I'm coming with you."

Ash smiles and shakes his head.

"But..."

"Your job is to babysit the twins," Ash said before closing the door.

"No! Don't leave me here with these two!" screamed Yugi.

Ash, Eriol and Pikachu were able to get pick a lock on the door and got in. Back in the van, Koji and Koichi commence a MENSA meeting (or playing a game) with Yugi watching.

"Are you a Digimon?" asks Koichi.

"Yes." Koji replied.

"Are you a legendary warrior?"

"Yes."

"Lobomon."

"What?! How did you...never mind, your turn."

Later

"No, when the speed of light travels from one end to the other, what you see at the end of the speed of light is something happening in the past."

"A fair point, but that is the obvious reason why the speed of light is the preferred speed for time travel."

"That would not make any sense. When you get closer to the speed of light, your mass increases. If you try to travel back or forward 10 years, you'll end up looking like the fat guy from the Nutty Professor. Even fatter if you are returning from the past" explained Koji.

"Are you insulting my weight?" asked Koichi.

"Well, you don't know your Quantum Physics, do you?" said Koji.

Later, yet again

After some silence (if silence does not include Yugi hitting his head on the side of the van), Koichi said, "Mom told me that she loves me more."

"She told me that she was going to tell you that, brother."

Oh the humanity. Yugi couldn't stand it anymore and decides to sneak out of the van.

"Stop it!"

"Make me!"

"Stop it!"

"Make me!"

A fight between the twins started as Yugi snuck out without any problems.

As Yugi sneaks in through the door Ash and his team used, Ash, Eriol and Pikachu exited from another door on the same side of the building with the EMP bomb and quickly made their way into the van.

"Now, all we could use is something like a car battery," Eriol said.

"Alright, let's go!" ordered Ash.

The twins stopped fighting and started up the van. The van is moving.

"Wait a minute," said Ash. "Where's Yugi?"

The van stopped. Everyone realised that Yugi is not in the van. At that instant, they hear the alarm bells ringing from the facility. Ash, Eriol and Pikachu opened the back door and sees Yugi being chased by Digimon guards in the building.

"There he is."

In what appears to be a scene which does a parody of any Classic Scooby Doo chases, where characters enters the many doors and coming out randomly, sometimes, ending up the chase ending up the other way around.

"Pika pika, chu. Pikachu." Pikachu said as he shakes his head. "Pikachu."

"I agree, Pikachu. That was extremely stupid," said Ash.

"One of us should help him," said Koji.

Eriol gave the answer Ash would give. "Great idea, Wolfie. Then there will be two that needs saving."

The two Digimon Guards has appeared on the roof, with no sign of Yugi between them.

"Where did he go?" Koichi asked. Ash, Eriol and Pikachu looked at Koichi. "What?" Realising that he's the driver. "Shouldn't someone be at the wheel?"

A desk chair flies out of a window, and Yugi climbs out onto the steel-mesh roof around the second floor.

"Alright, prepare to back this van up," ordered Ash. The rear doors of the van were opened.

Yugi was on the shelter of the main entrance and the Van was right under the steel mesh, giving Yugi a way down to the ground floor. Pikachu and Eriol opened the back door, but by then, Yugi was rolling on the roof and ending up in front of the van.

"In the back, rookie!" yelled Koichi at the wheel.

"Pi kapi pikachu!"

"Like he said. You bloody idiot!" scolded Eriol.

Yugi quickly got into the side door of the van and Koichi put the pedal to the metal to get away, but before the rear doors closed, one of them slams shut onto Pikachu's tail...

"PIKACHU!" Pikachu sent out a large jolt in the van, but luckily it did not hit the EMP bomb as Eriol moved in between the device and took the electric shock. Eriol's hair was standing up and smoke was coming out of his hair and of course, not to forget, the burnt body and clothes.

"Be careful when you do that!" Eriol yelled as he coughs out smoke from his mouth, "We don't want to set it off and turn our getaway vehicle into an immobile pile of junk! That's the second time already I've got my outfit ruined."

Eriol started to wrap a bandage around Pikachu's tail as Ash was reprimanding Yugi.

"When I say stay in the van, you stay in the van, got it? Cause if you lose focus for one second in this game, someone will get hurt. In this case, two."

Yugi looks at Pikachu and Eriol, both giving Yugi a glare.

"Yeah, I got it," said Yugi.

This little spat is not going to end soon...

Meanwhile, back in Domino City, everything was in preparation for the Gary Oak Pokémon battle,

"It's the greatest Pokémon battle of the century!"

The streets of Domino City are crowded with cars and people.

"And people from all over are flooding into Domino City to watch the 'battle to end all battles!'"

The people in Kaiba's three Game Corners were making their bets and playing the games.

"Even with only a few hours before the first battle, the energy here is tense!"

~

In the Lord of Dragons Suite at Kaiba Land, Metabee moved his equipment to Keitaro's suite for the surveillance and Metabee watches the staff.

Manager (on monitor): How we doing?

A watcher was with the manager.

Watcher (on monitor): I've seen packed hams tighter than this.

"Packed hams. That's a new one," said Metabee.

Tai was pacing around the room while Keitaro was watching a movie from a Jacuzzi.

"Where are they? That's what I want to know. Where are they?"

Keitaro was calm in the Jacuzzi. "They'll be here," Keitaro said in his Hamtaro Urashima voice.

"Oh, 'They'll be here'," Tai said, imitating Hamtaro's accent. "Thanks a lot, Mr. President."

Metabee was at the console watching the screens when he picks something that catches his eye. "Uh-oh..."

~

At the hotel side entrance, Sakura was waiting when the van arrives while having some sundae. Both Ash and Yugi got out of the van and the van drives off. In the lift...

"Had a nice trip, boys?" Sakura asked after finishing her dessert.

The argument between the two still has not settled.

"Listen, I want you to kiss and make up whatever argument you had with the other," said Sakura. "We can't afford to have any more problems."

As the lift doors open, the trio sees Metabee at the lift. "Sakura, we have a problem."

~

On Metabee's computer, everyone in the room was looking at the computer, minus Keitaro, who's still in the Jacuzzi.

"You've been red flagged. It means that the moment you step in Kaiba Land, they'll be watching you," Metabee said. "Like snipers. Snipers with video cameras minus the rifles."

"That is a problem," said Ash.

Sakura remembered Keitaro. "Kei-kun, time to turn that thing off and get out."

"It's time when I say it is!" Keitaro yelled back.

"Now!"

Keitaro got out of the Jacuzzi, turned off the TV and puts on a bathrobe. "I'm out, I'm out."

Sakura points at the monitor. "Do you have any idea how this happened?"

Yugi immediately answered that question. "Easy, he's been chasing Kaiba's woman. Got into a real talk with him a couple of nights ago."

Ash glared at Yugi. "I was shadowing you as a bin."

"On who's orders?"

"Mine," answered Sakura. Sakura and Ash stared at each other. "I knew you couldn't leave Kasumi-chan alone."

Tai was confused. "Who's Kasumi?"

"My wife," Ash answered.

"Ex-wife," Sakura corrected.

"Misty's here?" Keitaro asked. "That's a surprise."

Sakura looks at Ash. "I'm sorry, but I wasn't sure if it would catch you, but it did. You're out, Ashy-boy."

Tai points at Ash. "He's out?"

"It's either that or the operation shuts down. His involvement puts us all at risk."

Both Ash and Sakura were still continuing to have eye contact at each other.

"This is not your call, Sakura."

"You made it mine when you put her over us, Ash. You made it mine," Sakura talked back.

"This is my job."

"Not anymore."

Ash was defeated. Everyone in the room is on Sakura's side. Ash gives a furious glare at Yugi before going out to the balcony to calm down.

"If Ash is out, who's going to take his place?"

Sakura puts her hand on Yugi's shoulder. "You up for it, kid?"

Yugi looks at Sakura. Without any choice, Yugi half-heartedly said, "I'm game."

Sakura looks at Metabee. "Find everyone else. Inform them on the change of plan, Metabee. Curtains goes up at seven."

As everyone was leaving the room, Sakura goes out to the balcony and has a word with Ash. Yugi watches but could not hear a word that is said...

"Misty is with Kaiba now?" Keitaro asked. No one answered. "But she's too violent for him."

Kaiba's suite

Seto was sorting out his best cards in his deck while speaking on the phone.

"Then inform the Head of WB that he has a better view on HBO in front of his television. The whole arena is full."

Seto hangs up as Misty was putting on makeup. Seto puts his hand on Misty's shoulder. "What are you thinking about?"

"You." Misty smiled.

Sakura was doing a 'Sakura Eye for the Con Guy', as she checks on how Yugi must act, with Yugi in a suit.

"Now, where are you gonna put your hands?"

Yugi puts his hands together on his suitcase. Sakura shakes her head. "No."

Yugi puts his hands in his pockets. "Not the pockets either. And don't touch your tie. Look at me, look at me, look at me."

Yugi looks at Sakura's face. "That's how you're going to stand?"

Yugi moves a bit. "Wrong again. Ok, when I ask you a question, where do you look?"

Yugi looks down.

"You're dead. If you look down, they know you are lying." Yugi looks up. "Looking up will say that you don't know the truth. Don't use seven words when four will do. Don't shift your eyes, look always at your mark but don't stare. Be specific but not memorable. Funny but don't make him laugh. He's going to like you, then forget about you once you're out of his sight. And for Pika's sake whatever you do, don't under any circumstances..."

Metabee interrupted Sakura. "Yo, Sakura, can you come here for a sec?"

"What is it?" Sakura walks to Metabee, leaving Yugi trying to remember every important tip she has given...

~

Keitaro slips on his shoes. He's feeling very nervous about what's he's going to do.

"It's time, Kei-kun," Sakura said from the door.

Keitaro stood up and ties up his tie. "Let's do it."

Seto was with his manager.

"Any sign of Ketchum?" Seto asked.

"Not for a few hours. You want him out? I can kick him out of the region for violating parole."

"No," Seto said. "Keep an eye on him. He's here for a reason and I want to know what it is. If he goes near Misty..."

"The Baldy?"

Seto walked off, giving the manager the answer he needs.

~

Outside Kaiba Land Game Corner, Keitaro was waiting when he sees Seto.

"Mr. Kaiba."

"Mr. Urashima, it's a very busy night. Are we on schedule?" asked Seto.

"I have no reason to otherwise. My couriers will arrive momentarily."

A van appeared and Koji and Koichi got out in Bodyguard outfits, with Koichi having a briefcase handcuffed to him.

"Sir, a gift from Madam Daidouji." The briefcase was handcuffed to Keitaro's wrist.

Keitaro looks at Seto. "Shall we?"

Seto and Keitaro walked through the game corner with their security, Seto happens to see Ash at the drinks bar. Seto whispered to a guard. "Find the Manager. Tell him that Ketchum is at the drinks bar."

The guard walked off and Seto continues walking until a certain point.

"I'm afraid that I cannot allow any private security personnel past a certain point. I hope you don't mind," Kaiba said.

"Of course not."

As Koji and Koichi were about to walk off, someone recognises Keitaro.

"Keitaro? Keitaro Urashima? Is that you?"

Keitaro tries to ignore the person, but the person was trying to get Keitaro’s attention.

"Keitaro, it's me, your old friend from Tokyo U?"

"Shirai, Haitani." Keitaro's eyes gave the order. Dispose of him before he ruins everything.

Koji and Koichi carried the man away. Keitaro looks back at Seto. "Mr. Kaiba, please. I never like the touch of steel on my skin."

The two men continued on.

End of Part 5

Back