Ruling Keldeo vs Miraculous DuoGX

K_la

Aspiring Trainer
I am perpetually wrong with cards, and thought instead of make a fool of myself at a tournament I'd use my keyboard warrior skills to get the shame done and over with here :p

Recently, I had Keldeo in play, and the opponent had Mewtwo & Mew GX. They used Miraculous Duo GX (If this Pokémon has at least 1 extra Energy attached to it (in addition to this attack's cost), heal all damage from all of your Pokémon), with the hopes of healing their many damaged pokemon. From my understanding Keldeo GX would block this as it is an effect of attack. Would the ability also block healing the bench, or just Keldeo GX?

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Ability: Pure Heart
Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokémon by your opponent's Pokémon-GX or Pokémon-EX.

It prevents everything from affecting Keldeo, but it doesn't impact anything else. It puts a shield over Keldeo, basically. But things like Miraculous Duo GX or Turbo Strike or similar would still have their knock-on effects, as those aren't done to Keldeo.

This is as opposed to something affected by, say, Vileplume (Burning Shadows - Disgusting Pollen) which forbids opposing Basic Pokémon from attacking at all.