• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Keldeo V/Frosmoth

Mystic

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys! its been a few years since ive last made a deck. Its based around keldeo v and frosmoth (obviously). I have no idea what the staple standard card are but heres an attempt at a new water type, energy acceleration deck! Please give any suggestions! I know this deck is far from perfect, but i dont know any of the meta or hardly any of the new cards, but i needed a list so i could get some suggestions :)

4x Keldeo V
1x Keldeo-GX
1x Milotic V
1x Eldegoss V
3x Snom
3x Frosmoth
2x Jirachi
1x Phione (cosmic eclipse)

4x Capacious Bucket
4x Quick Ball
2x Pokemon Communication
2x Pokegear 3.0
2x Switch
2x Escape Board
3x Boss's orders
3x Marnie
3x Cynthia
2x Professors research
1x Tool Scrapper
1x Sky Pillar

15x Water energy

Last edited:
Dive Ball, Trainers' Mail, Professor's Letter, Rough Seas, Silent Lab, and Mountain Ring aren't legal in Standard. You want to play Quick Ball and Evolution Incense for Pokémon search. Marnie and Cynthia are also standard staples you should look at, along with Jirachi and Escape Board, but I think those are rotating. Sky Pillar is a replacement for Mountain Ring, if you're worried about Bench damage. You also have way too many Energy / Energy search. That should get you going in the right direction.

As mora said run jirachi and escape board. Along with switches. You can switch jirachi into the active, use frosmoths ability to turbo the benched attacker, use stellar wish to get a trainer card, and retreat back into the attacker. Also as mora said cut down on the energy, maybe play around 10-12? Instead of letter which is rotated consider energy search. And also as mora said definitely run marnie quick ball evolution incense and cynthia. Besides that, which mantine is that? Acro bikes and pokegears can replace trainers mail. Maybe also consider 1 more of snom and frosmoth, and maybe dedenne gx and eldegoss v as support pokemon. Hope this helps!

Thanks guys! I must not have had the "standard" filter set in ptcgo when I selected those cards apparently lmao! I was excited when I thought dive ball was legal, I love dive ball lol!

Anyways I made changes based on your suggestions! Always welcome for more!

Escape Board is rotating, so you should put some Scoop-Up nets in to replace them. It puts any non V or GX card and all cards attached to it into your hand.

Back