Discussion Keldeo GX vs MewMew

If they just have one, then that's one of the reasons you play Reshizard. You can use Double Blaze GX to KO it. You can also play the Greninja GX (Mist Slash) if you have rainbow/aurora/water energy in the deck.

Hi,

How I can counter Keldeo GX when I play MewMew deck? Every time I struggle a lot and nearly every time lose... Great catcher doesn't work when single Keldeo is in play. I'm trying to ohko IT with Heracross (https://shop.tcgplayer.com/pokemon/sm-cosmic-eclipse/heracross). Thanks for every advice. :)
Out of curiosity, how long are you thinking about countering it for? When Sw & Sh become legal in 2 weeks Keldeo GX will see very little play anymore. It isn't immune to V Pokémon, and with Tapu Koko V and Zacian V in the mix so much that card is going to drop completely out of ADP. If you have cups before then consider running Reshizard for full value and then Greninja GX. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother worrying about it as all major events going forward will include Sw & Sh.

But the thing is that mist slash doesn't OHKO a keldeo gx. Your opponent could just play mallow and lana to heal it, effectively making your situation worse.

But the thing is that mist slash doesn't OHKO a keldeo gx. Your opponent could just play mallow and lana to heal it, effectively making your situation worse.
It's not that simple. Yes they could do that, but at the same time their Keldeo doesn't OHKO your Mewtwo. Keldeo is a very slow grind. Having a played a number of matchups against Mewbox with ADP I find it's pretty close to a 50/50 matchup with Greninja and Reshizard included. Just depends on who sets up first.

Out of curiosity, how long are you thinking about countering it for? When Sw & Sh become legal in 2 weeks Keldeo GX will see very little play anymore. It isn't immune to V Pokémon, and with Tapu Koko V and Zacian V in the mix so much that card is going to drop completely out of ADP. If you have cups before then consider running Reshizard for full value and then Greninja GX. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother worrying about it as all major events going forward will include Sw & Sh.
But the thing is, if mallymew becomes popular, people could start running a few copies of it in frosmoth to counter it(especially because of its one of the higher tier decks in swsh format). Effectively ruining your matchup unless you choose to play a non-gx attacker like that heracross.

Back