Keldeo EX question

anshouji

Aspiring Trainer
I was advised to include one Keldeo EX (BC) in my deck due to its ability "Rush In". My deck is a Victini EX variant, so Keldeo's ability is the only useful aspect for which to include it. I'm wondering why this is a good idea? I understand that Keldeo can switch out your active pokemon quickly, but where do I go from there once Keldeo is my active pokemon with no energies? Is a float stone the only possible combo for this trick, or is there something I'm missing? Is Keldeo EX a common staple in non-meta decks?

Special Conditions are very common now-a-days, weather it be from Hypnotoxic Laser, or Accelgor, so Keldeo EX is pretty much good in any deck. Float Stone is by far the best way to use Keldeo EX's Rush in. You could also use Rush In and then play a Switch/Escape Rope, in case you want to get Special Conditions off of your active Pokemon, but you still want to attack with it that same turn.

anshouji said:
Is Keldeo EX a common staple in non-meta decks?

Non-meta decks is a very broad category, because it includes pretty much every possible combo that doesn't currently do well at tournaments. But, yeah, I guess it's used in non-meta decks just as much as meta decks.

float stone away.
keldeo gets rid of your active with any special condition or active lock in any way. float stone away.

Okay, that makes a lot of sense! Thanks so much for the clarification. Are full heals common in this format or do people tend to prefer max potions? And how many would I run?

anshouji said:
Okay, that makes a lot of sense! Thanks so much for the clarification. Are full heals common in this format or do people tend to prefer max potions? And how many would I run?

People don't tipically run Full Heal, since Keldeo/Flost Stone, and even Audino BC are far superior to it in almost every way.

Machamp the Champion said:
anshouji said:

People don't tipically run Full Heal, since Keldeo/Flost Stone, and even Audino BC are far superior to it in almost every way.

So would you recommend Audino over max potion?

anshouji said:

Depends on your deck. If you're using mostly attackers that have 1 Energy Attacks (which I assume you don't, because you're using Victini EX), or some way to move energy off of your Pokemon, then Max Potion is the way to go.

As for Audino, I would only play Audino if you're REALLY worried about Gothitelle/Accelgor. Otherwise, just run Keldeo/Float Stone, or a lot of Switching cards.

Audino and Max Potion serve completely different uses, so there's really no reason to compare them.

anshouji said:

Depends on your deck. If you're using mostly attackers that have 1 Energy Attacks (which I assume you don't, because you're using Victini EX), or some way to move energy off of your Pokemon, then Max Potion is the way to go.

As for Audino, I would only play Audino if you're REALLY worried about Gothitelle/Accelgor. Otherwise, just run Keldeo/Float Stone, or a lot of Switching cards.

Audino and Max Potion serve completely different uses, so there's really no reason to compare them.

Ok, I see. Thanks for the tip!

Back