• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Keldeo Blastoise for Regionals

ChandeTelle130

Aspiring Trainer
Hello guys, here's my Keldeo Blastoise deck I'm using, need some help, so here's the list:
Pokemon: 13
3 Keldeo EX
4-1-3 Blastoise
2 Mewtwo EX

Trainers:
Items: 21
4 Pokemon Catcher
4 Super Scoop Up
3 Rare Candy
2 Heavy Ball
3 Energy Retrieval
2 Energy Search
1 Computer Search
2 Ultra Ball

Supporters: 12
4 N
4 Juniper
2 Bianca
2 Skyla

Energy: 14
11 {W} Energy
3 {C}{C} Energy

Heavy ball really doesn't help you that much in this deck considering Mewtwo and Keldeos retreat costs.
-2 Heavy Ball
+2 ultra ball

Gistica said:
Heavy ball really doesn't help you that much in this deck considering Mewtwo and Keldeos retreat costs.
-2 Heavy Ball
+2 ultra ball

actually it get's out blastoise.
this is bad advice. the 2 solid blastoise lists that I've seen run heavy ball.
T2 skyla -> heavy ball and then blastoise.
and you don't have to burn 2 cards in your hand which are at a lot of times, energy or ways to get more energy..

the only problem I have with the list is 4 SSU.
I would,
-4 SSU
-1 DCE
+1 ultra ball
+1 keldeo #47 (for sigilyph. waste of time to put energies on blastoise and let them sit there after you rush in next turn).
+3 water energy

SSU is because if Keldeo is really damaged, you scoop it, bring up a Pokemon, bench it, attach all energy again, Rush In, and start attacking again

ChandeTelle130 said:
SSU is because if Keldeo is really damaged, you scoop it, bring up a Pokemon, bench it, attach all energy again, Rush In, and start attacking again

i a perfect world, that sounds great.
but it isn't consistent enough.
from my first cities results.
in masters 2 top 4 decks were blastoise/keldeo
their lists didn't contain ssu.

in seniors the 1st place deck was blastoise/keldo and it didn't run ssu.

take it or leave it, the results and statistics are against ssu in this deck.
it kills consistency.

WierzbickiM123 said:
It doesn't kill consistency! I run 4 in my list and it works really well when I get the flips!

The key word in that sentence is "when".

Despite being helpful at various times, unless it is absolutely crucial to the functioning of the deck, you would rather have consistency cards over a situational card that requires a flip. It itself doesn't kill consistency, but the fact that it's taking up spaces for other consistency cards means there's often a better option than it.

I have to agree that I would take out SSU for more Supporters, Energy Retrieval, and Ultra Ball. I would also lower the Blastoise line to 3-1-3 and take out the Energy Search. Really, what's the point in running Energy Search over more energy when you're only running one type of basic energy in the first place?

I`d say
+1 Keldeo EX
+ 1 Blastoise
That's what a lot of people are doing.

-2 Heavy Ball

-2 Energy Search

-2 Bianca I found in my testing that this deck is often not situational for bianca. and when it is Juniper is often the better choice.

-1 Energy Retrieval in my testing i found that running a super rod in place of this helps a lot more. in a game where my 2 of my blastoise were prized and my third had been knocked out the super rod saved me in the end. you need a way to recycle pokemon not just energy in that event. and you can still grab 2 energy along with the pokemon.

-2 Mewtwo Ex because of mewtwo being such a popular card. after a mewtwo attacks it's easy for another to counter in a split second. if your mewtwo only gains 1 prize when attacking and you lose out to another mewtwo next turn you are down 1 prize.

-3 DCE in response to the Mewtwo being taken out. not only does this energy not power up keldeo but it can be drawn into when you don't need it.

I chose to run
+ 2 Cilan instead of energy search. on turns when you are set up but need energy. 3 energy gives keldeo a lot of power.
+ 1 Ultra Ball often you can just use energy as fodder for your ultra balls and just energy retrieval it back into your hand.
+ 1 Level Ball this if you can't seem to get the candy you can always evolve into wartortle. or get another squirtle onto the bench in case your opponent catchers out one of them. you still have another ready to go if your first gets knocked out.
+ 1 Skyla to get the energy retrieval or the juniper/N for next turn. or the super scoop up for the keldeo. 3 or more no less.
+ 1 Super Rod reasons explained above
+ 2 Eviolite Sustains your keldeos for at least an extra turn before you need to use SSU or send out another.
+ 2 Bouffalant (Gold Breaker) With it's ability bouffer and and eviolite attached this card becomes your ex killer. a two turn knock out on any ex is not that bad at all considering he will be taking - 40 every attack.

I have found much consistency in this deck and the eviolites are godly when you have ex attackers.

Back