Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Earlier today Pokemon’s Instagram revealed J Balvin V — and now we have images of Katy Perry V and Post Malone V!

Katy-Perry-V-143x200.jpg

Post-Malone-V-143x200.jpg

J-Balvin-V-143x200.jpg

They were actually revealed earlier today on the official P25 music website — which I linked to in our original article but for some reason didn’t see. The website only shows cards for those three artists. However, it doesn’t state any information about the cards themselves.
We’re not sure if these cards are fun mockups or if they’ll be released to the public as real cards. The fonts and placement of the card numbers are a bit off, which is unusual for official releases.
As...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

zeph

Oddish Enthusiast
I hope these are just gifts for the musicians and don't actually come out. Something about them just feels wrong.

Pokémon Spears

Aspiring Trainer
I mean, I guess they're cool for the artists if they received a physical copy of them, but they don't even look nothing like them, and they don't look like Pokémon human characters either. Maybe Post Malone looks a little bit like the real one.

JianJian

Aspiring Trainer
Currently: Meeeeh!
Switch out the names: I LIKE IT!

Pictures are kinda generic, wouldn't be able to tell who is what without the names.

Oddish22

Aspiring Trainer
I don't dislike the card design. I actually think it's good artwork.
BUT I would have rather liked it as Katy Perry's Pikachu, Post Malone's Dragonite (or Dragonite and Butterfree Tag Team) and J Balvin's Charizard. That would actually have been interesting. Otherwise they should not be Pokémon V, but Trainer full arts.

Ranger64

Mewtwo Mastermind
I don't dislike the card design. I actually think it's good artwork.
BUT I would have rather liked it as Katy Perry's Pikachu, Post Malone's Dragonite (or Dragonite and Butterfree Tag Team) and J Balvin's Charizard. That would actually have been interesting. Otherwise they should not be Pokémon V, but Trainer full arts.
I agree completely. I also dislike the appearance of ANOTHER charizard card that will be insanely valuable, when it seems like they could have done any Pokémon. They probably asked each artist what their favorite Pokémon was though.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
If they make any more celebrities TCG (especially Jennifer A or Kim K) or if they use Billie E then I will NEVER buy ANY pokemon products ever again! If these cards get printed for us then expect thousands of lawsuits, perhaps from Jackie Chan and Uri Geller too. If those music artists gets royalty from pokemon then Jackie Chan and Uri Geller are entitled as well.

Evan39

Aspiring Trainer
If they make any more celebrities TCG (especially Jennifer A or Kim K) or if they use Billie E then I will NEVER buy ANY pokemon products ever again! If these cards get printed for us then expect thousands of lawsuits, perhaps from Jackie Chan and Uri Geller too. If those music artists gets royalty from pokemon then Jackie Chan and Uri Geller are entitled as well.
Dawg chill lol. These are seemingly just fun mock-ups for some of the P25 artists. Why would Jackie Chan and Uri Geller give two craps about these cards, or Kadabra/Hitmonchan? Especially when Geller apologized for the Kadabra kerfuffle? These cards are hurting nobody.