'Kanto Powers Collections' Featuring 'Evolutions' in October!

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Fun fact: this box releases 3 days before the 4-year anniversary of Evolutions' release

Please just make a new nostalgia set already, TPCi. Like, a Jungle/Fossil set or something

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
I mean the Charizard from the set is actually quite expensive so it would not be a bad purchase for anyone trying to get more of those. As far as the production of this set goes I'm not sure as to how the value of that Charizard be effected considering the amount of production that this set has gotten.

CharizaedXbest

Aspiring Trainer
the dragonite might see some play with the new cram that discards those basic fish, with net you can recycle that attack in expanded

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I mean, if it gets stock out of their warehouses, go for it, lol. It'll be really funny if they make this like...40-50 dollars though. Might be one of the worst potential returns on any single product yet (even though basically every product the TCG does has awful returns 99% of the time), unless you manage to get a Zard.

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
Imagine the only thing keeping your franchise afloat being catering to people who thought the franchise hit its peak 20 years ago.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Evolutions ruined the TCG. They overprinted it like crazy, and now everything else is underprinted while we still get stuck with this crap.

yungzera

Aspiring Trainer
Can’t they just do a whole Gen 1 remake set
Like Fossil, Here Comes Team Rocket, Gym Challenge etc
Thatd be swell

Snowy Lilacs

Aspiring Trainer
Meh, I do hope for the 25th anniversary we see them bring back the Neo sets so we can go for Shining Charizards or go for the sets with the gold stars

Winkachu

Aspiring Trainer
The idea of such a box release isn't bad at all. This is something I been writing for years because I don't like the idea they mix different set packs in these promo boxes while each individual set is harder to finish because there are other set packs included and nowadays sets get bigger and bigger. That is especially annoying for those consumers who do finish their set and try to move on because then these extra unwanted packs are like rocks tried to their legs. That why I like special set releases because all the products include that set packs only and really don't take the mood away when trying to finish the set. Also, it is a perfect way to get rid of the extra printed stock because if it is done right and proper cards are placed then collectors who haven't finished the set can be attracted, like me.

That been said. why on earth Pokemon company didn't put in 2x EX Full art cards of these prints instead to lure consumers. Personally, from these 2 boxes, I am only missing Mewtwo EX and rest I have it, meanwhile from full arts I'm missing Mega Charizard EX full art, Dragonite, Mewtwo, and Pidgeot which really would have given me a reason to buy these to finish the set. And the Jumbo cards are a nightmare to protect since there are no dedicated high-quality perfect fit sleeves for these, I would have rather prefer a figurine or pins.

Overall I think I would rate this product 5/10 but clearly there is much to do to improve. I might buy these during Black Friday sales if there is a discount on these products.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
meanwhile from full arts I'm missing Mega Charizard EX full art, Dragonite, Mewtwo, and Pidgeot which really would have given me a reason to buy these to finish the set.
I'd say at that point I'd just go for singles and finish the set that way. I always like to tell a lot of people who feel like they're being forced to deal with Evolutions or things they don't like about a product (Not saying you're doing this or anything, but it's a trend I've seen on this site and other communities) just to get singles or alternatively trade for what you need. It's so much easier than hoping you'll pull the one from a product or some random packs and I would've never finished so much of what I own in the TCG without them. It's a lot easier to pay $3-4 for the promo in a box rather than buy the box for $20-30, get said $3-4 promo and then pull nothing, maybe some cheap Ultra Rare if you're lucky, and feel terrible about yourself for the rest of the day.

That being said, I do totally see the appeal of these things and I do think they should improve them for the people who do want them, don't get me wrong on that. Focused products like Hidden Fates and Shining Legends stuff works a lot better for me because of it. Just all I want is for them to at least give you a bit more bang for your buck. These products can be expensive and I think wanting more out of it is perfectly justified. I might want to open more stuff if that would happen, just as it is I'm not a fan of gambling on such a low chance of a justifiable purchase to me.

PiratekingRuffy

Aspiring Trainer
I hope it comes to Germany too. A German booster box costs around $ 1.000 here. :(

And I started collecting Pokemon cards again 1.5 years ago. And the german set was out of print so quickly.

Last edited: