Kangaskhan fake

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
kangaskhan_fake_card_by_kangaflora-d5sx7yo.png

Sorry for the long absence in faking, been having a hard time deciding which Pokémon to do. Anyway, here's Kangaskhan from the Black and White series, apologies for any inaccuracies.

Politoed fake

BUMP: I've taken Aschefield's criticism about the blanks into consideration for this card I've just created. Again, apologies for it looking pixellated as I do not have Photoshop.

politoed_fake_card_by_kangaflora-d5vj7hy.png

You can always use GIMP instead of photoshop, its a free alternative and works really well. Nice fakes btw.

Blui129 said:
You can always use GIMP instead of photoshop, its a free alternative and works really well. Nice fakes btw.

Thanks. I'll see where I can safely download GIMP without the virus threat.

RE: 4 more fakes.

BUMP: Here are four more cards I made earlier today:

Surskit:
bw_surskit_fake_card_by_kangaflora-d5xx3s4.png

Masquerain:
bw_masquerain_fake_card_by_kangaflora-d5xx44r.png

Snover:
bw_snover_fake_card_by_kangaflora-d5xx4i4.png

Abomasnow:
bw_abomasnow_fake_card_by_kangaflora-d5xx4rh.png

For the former two, they are second element versions of Surskit and Masquerain. Otherwise, credit goes to Puddizzle and Vincent of PokéBeach for the translations.

EDIT: Corrected the Boldness for the attacks.

I take it that you still haven't downloaded GIMP? You can download it here without any worry of viruses. After you get used to it, I think you will grow to love it.

The artwork on these newer additions do look better. There are still rough edges around the Pokémon, but it isn't quite as noticeable as it was on your Kangaskhan fake. I think Abomasnow is my favorite of your new additions (that background works really well with the artwork). The fonts could still use some work, though. The attack names are far too thin.

Keep 'em coming! :)

Nekoban Ryo said:
I take it that you still haven't downloaded GIMP? You can download it here without any worry of viruses. After you get used to it, I think you will grow to love it.

The artwork on these newer additions do look better. There are still rough edges around the Pokémon, but it isn't quite as noticeable as it was on your Kangaskhan fake. I think Abomasnow is my favorite of your new additions (that background works really well with the artwork). The fonts could still use some work, though. The attack names are far too thin.

Keep 'em coming! :)

Thanks for noticing that, Just fixed the font for the attacks mow. I'll try and download gimp if I can get permission. Thank you.

Fairy type: have they entered the Pokémon realm earlier than October 2013?

BUMP: It's been a while, but rather than making cards, I decided to make an attempt to make Fairy type card blanks BW Style. Apologies for the pixellation, but credit goes to Aschefield, CMP of Neo Redux and Metagross101 of Deviantart for the respective parts of the blanks. Here they are:
bw_fairy_blanks_by_kangaflora-d694x2v.png

Looks good, Kangaflora! Great color for the blanks...only suggestion I have is to change the texture a little bit. It looks a tad grainy right now, so perhaps a softer pattern would work? A minor thing, definitely, but right now the texture reminds me of already existing types.

CMP said:
Looks good, Kangaflora! Great color for the blanks...only suggestion I have is to change the texture a little bit. It looks a tad grainy right now, so perhaps a softer pattern would work? A minor thing, definitely, but right now the texture reminds me of already existing types.

Any chanced you could try and fix them for me? I currently don't have GIMP at the moment.

Kangaflora said:
CMP said:

Any chanced you could try and fix them for me? I currently don't have GIMP at the moment.

Sure thing! I'm currently staying with my girlfriend, though, so I only have internet access via my iPad. As soon as I go home, I'll give it a shot!

Blui said:
You can always use GIMP instead of photoshop, its a free alternative and works really well.

Did I just see GIMP and works really well in the same sentence? I'm not trying to be a snob or anything at all, I have to use GIMP in my photography classes and it as TERRIBLE. You can barely do anything, and it lacks so many basic functions that it makes me go "wat"

Nod3 said:
Blui said:
You can always use GIMP instead of photoshop, its a free alternative and works really well.

Did I just see GIMP and works really well in the same sentence? I'm not trying to be a snob or anything at all, I have to use GIMP in my photography classes and it as TERRIBLE. You can barely do anything, and it lacks so many basic functions that it makes me go "wat"

Haha :) Same. Also, I really like your fakes man! I used to use Pokemon against real-life background. Now I just get permission from users from deviantArt. Also, Paint seems to work good for cards too if you needed advice. Actually, I think I'm the only one who uses Paint in the whole world for it. You should try it, but it depends on which kind you have ... :(

GoobieDoob said:
Haha :) Same. Also, I really like your fakes man! I used to use Pokemon against real-life background. Now I just get permission from users from deviantArt. Also, Paint seems to work good for cards too if you needed advice. Actually, I think I'm the only one who uses Paint in the whole world for it. You should try it, but it depends on which kind you have ... :(
Was that to me? I really appreciate the compliment :) Paint is an okay program for making cards, but it transitions things awkwardly, and doesn't support transparency. If you can afford it, I highly recommend you get Adobe Photoshop, as it has much more power, and such. I did used to make cards in paint, but it just doesn't have the flexibility to make full (you know those special effects by asche and cascade) cards with it.

Back