Science or faith, does it matter,
Either way my spirit will shatter.
While searching for the real truth,
What I found was forsooth.
Reality is everything, yet nothing,
Real, yet unreal
For when it was uncovered
I had never recovered.

I was just a little depressed and wanted to share my feelings and ideas.

Don't feel pressured to make poems with a rhyme scheme. I feel most of the best poetry is free verse, it allows one to freely express one's eloquence. But rhyme still has definite potential for a powerful on the reader.

For example, just two lines:
Sun sinks wearily beneath a moribund sky,
Night is come, clouds came to die.

That is what I consider a flowing rhyme. Your rhymes are a bit more unsuitable, as if only there in order to rhyme with the previous line. Free verse is neglected far too much by amateur poets. Use it and love it.

Not bad (and interesting theme), but I have to agree with Alvin and the Minizumis on not using the whole rhyme scheme thing in poems. Personally I like doing a lot of short poems because they tend to give off the most dramatic effect due to the fact that they capture a momentary image. Alternatively I could suggest trying a style known as the sestina, in which you write six six-line stanzas and reuse the last words (or their homophones) in a shifting order and finish with a seventh three-line stanza in which you use them two per line any place you want (it's not a very fixed form, from what I recall, but does give an interesting stir to the otherwise worn out style of rhyming).

Still, good job. Hope to see more!

Back