Contest June's Create A Card: Fully Evolved Basics! (Official Results!)

AgentMFilms

The Anti-Meta One
Here is my entry:
View attachment 8345
I designed the card to replace Computer Search in the upcomming format. Because of it's ancient trait it can be used as a wall (like robo substitute ) but with the 'damage from an attack' it is less good then Robo as a wall. The ability was desigined to make a card like M Gallade (or the upcomming M Tyranitar) better.
I feel like there would be that one guy who'd run JUST this Unown in a deck. Item lock? How about PRIZE LOCK!

Reggie McGigas

-
Here is my entry:
View attachment 8345
I designed the card to replace Computer Search in the upcomming format. Because of it's ancient trait it can be used as a wall (like robo substitute ) but with the 'damage from an attack' it is less good then Robo as a wall. The ability was desigined to make a card like M Gallade (or the upcomming M Tyranitar) better.

Where did you get the blank and font guide?

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
I feel like there would be that one guy who'd run JUST this Unown in a deck. Item lock? How about PRIZE LOCK!
Except...Quad Unown would have absolutely no firepower, and you would quickly run out of Pokémon in play and lose, while your opponent didn't take a single Prize card.

BigfootAUS

Game Dev & VR Consultant / Trainer
Aaaaaaaaaand here's my entry; Tropius!
rX08QeL.png

Not gonna lie, I was planning on a Lapras originally but then Jabberwock requested some Tropius renders and the 3D model for Tropius was just so much more enjoyable to use than a 3D model for Lapras. Both had to be ripped and textured and such since the models aren't around yet, but I just couldn't make anything nice with Lapras compared to the Tropius scene.

Oh, and I've been sitting on that Zeta Aero Ancient Trait for a while too. The idea with Aero to make it harder for your opponent to stop you from setting up, since Tropius is designed as a supporting Pokemon rather than a main Pokemon. It would've been too overpowered on an attacking Pokemon, so hopefully the rest of the card balances it out. While your Benched Pokemon would still be vulnerable to damage from Bench-hitting attacks, at the very least this Ancient Trait can help deter those attacks from being used. And since this trait is geared towards Flying Pokemon and they're usually Colourless in the TCG, the Ancient Trait banner is 'colourless' too!

The Green Gale attack is just a form of damage-dealing on this supporting card. I don't like cards that do no damage, and it also keeps up a Grass/Flying theme by harming anything that isn't Grass or Colourless - including your own Pokemon.

Phototropism is based on a scientific thing where plants grow towards a light source for their photosynthesis. It's a plant thing, for the plant Pokemon. In this instance, a new Active Pokemon gets closer to the battle and gains energy from it. The Pokedex entry is also inspired by phototropism, too.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Mods, could I go back and put an explanation in the same post where I put my entry, or should I make a new post for it?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Mods, could I go back and put an explanation in the same post where I put my entry, or should I make a new post for it?
Make a new post. Editing your original entry will result in me counting it as an edit to the entry and thus resulting in a -2 point penalisation.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Alright!
I like Dedenne. It's one of my favourite types [Fairy] and almost as cute as one of my Favourite Pokémon, Pichu! [Please Sakurai?] I'm not sure if the game designers have used anything like the ability before, but it builds off of the fact that Electric-type Pokémon often have Pokédex entries stating that "if groups of ___ group together, ___ will happen" or "While weak on it's own, a group of ___ can cause ___", as a refrence to Lightning storms, and to several scenes in the anime where Electric type Pokémon can help other electric type Pokémon using their own Electricity. The attack is really simple. [Dedenne PHF has almost the same attack, except this card's does damage.] I feel like with the ability, this card can hit for solid amounts of damage, but nothing too crazy.

Jolanna Ivey

Aspiring Trainer
Absol - Dark - HP110
Basic

Ability: Super Luck
Once during your turn (before you attack), if you have more prize cards left than your opponent’s, draw 2 cards.

[D][C] Impending Doom: 40+ damage. If any of your Pokémon were Knocked Out by damage from an opponent's attack during his or her last turn, this attack does 70 more damage.

[D][D][C] Future Sight: 30x damage. Look at the top 5 cards of your deck. You may reveal any number of trainer cards you find there. This attack does 30 times the number of trainer cards you revealed. Discard those trainer cards. Shuffle the other cards back into your deck.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 1

Absol appears when it senses an impending natural disaster. As a result, people commonly mistake Absol as the cause of the disasters it senses.

( My text-based entry for the contest c: )

GreninjaTheNinja

Aspiring Trainer
Hi. Sorry for the late entry. I was travelling so I didn't get time to make my card look exactly as I wanted (it was kind of rushed because of time). Even so I still had fun making it and I wish all the best to anybody else who is in this competition. Good luck all!

Attachments

• Kangsakhan June CaC.png
    Kangsakhan June CaC.png
    355.2 KB · Views: 173

xaej806

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Alright, here comes my image based entry for this month - Sudowoodo EX

sudowoodoex-png.8409

Attachments

• sudowoodoEX.png
    sudowoodoEX.png
    593 KB · Views: 333

Joshi44

TCG player
Whoops forgot the art credit, Apologies to @CMP
I will repost my card (and take -2)
CAC_June 2015-Unown.jpg
for card explanation check the other post

Joshi44

TCG player
Except...Quad Unown would have absolutely no firepower, and you would quickly run out of Pokémon in play and lose, while your opponent didn't take a single Prize card.
I think it could be fun, because with virbank/laser you can do a bit more damage (or use rock guard/rocky helmet) and play, revive, sacred ash and super rod to get your Unown back:D

Zygarde

Z-Dawg
snorlax%20coacutepia_zpsyz2oqw4q.png
Otaku made the spoilers for it. A powerful milling card that could easily turn on you if you didn’t manage your own deck properly.

xaej806

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Sorry about that, didn't know the rule about the illustration, here is the corrected card

sudowoodoex-png.8416

Attachments

• sudowoodoEX.png
    sudowoodoEX.png
    594.1 KB · Views: 177

Supa_Hot_Fire

Hoping for Shedinja Break...
I see lots of people are posting explanations of their cards. Does doing/not doing this affect your score overall?

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
I see lots of people are posting explanations of their cards. Does doing/not doing this affect your score overall?
I think it just gives people a better idea of what you were trying to do with your card, but as far as I know doing it doesn't affect your score in any way. Being friends with the judges, on the other hand...