Contest June 2021 CaC: Owner's Pokémon (Results Up!)

Falling Skies

The Traveler
Allow me to present my entry.

Akari's Pikachu HP: 50 [L]
Basic
akarichu2.png

Mouse Pokémon Length: 1' 4" Weight: 13 lbs.
[L] Cool Setup
Each player chooses 1 of their Basic Pokémon in play, searches their deck for a Pokémon with the same name as that Basic Pokémon in play, and puts it onto their bench. Both players shuffle their deck afterwards. If a player doesn't put a Basic Pokémon onto their Bench with the effect of this attack, that player puts 1 damage counter on each of their Benched Pokémon. If either players' Bench is full, this attack does nothing.

[L][L] Swarm Voltage 20
Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 20 damage to each of your opponent's Benched Pokémon with the same name as the Defending Pokémon. (don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Weakness: [F] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C]

So, Akari. I'm sore some of you will have never heard of him before, so I'm gonna go into a quick spiel on him. Akari is a character from Chapter #38 of the How I Became a Pokémon Card Manga. He's mostly notable for being a Transgender Boy, of which he might be one of like, two? explicitly trans characters in this franchise? which is pretty neat considering the volume Akari's chapter was in released way back in 2000. It's aged fairly gracefully, all things considered. There's some awkwardness involved in reading it now since you can tell it's old, but as far as trans characters go it's surprisingly respectful for something from the turn of the century. It helps that the moral ("cuteness and coolness aren't exclusively female/male things and are subjective") is still pretty relevant and the way it's spelt out means it's pretty easy to read it as "Akari doesn't have to be born a boy to be a boy". You can check it out online pretty easily, if you're curious.

So first off, I acknowledge that using "their" instead of "his or her" on a e-Card era card is incorrect. However, I think that's dumb, especially on a card for a transgender character, so I'm using their instead. Image fakers can say they acknowledge it and not get dinged for doing past eras with their, so I'm hoping that I won't be either.

As Akari only appeared once ever, this card is balanced for the e-Card era. Technically, Akari's chapter was much closer to the Neo era than the e-Card era, but the Neo era is an unfun, flippy mess to play, so I'm going with e-Card as that's the format I'm more familiar with balance for. As a bonus, and because this character's relatively unknown, I made a sprite for him. I'm not really experienced with spriting, but outside of the squished Pikachu I think it turned out pretty okay.

The card's designed the way it is because the one real scene Akari's Pikachu has is where it defeats a swarm of Ariados. So, this card's supposed to epically defeat swarms of your opponent's Pokemon, like all those pesky babies that everybody plays in neo or just doing a lot to your opponent's main attackers in the much weaker e-Card format. As there's no indication that Akari ever evolves his Pikachu, it's balanced like a fully evolved Basic and not an evolving Pikachu.

Cool Setup I think is the main thing I'm going to get points on for creativity, as while as probably where I'll lose points for wording. The idea's to let your opponent set up and then punish them later, with the extra punish if they attempt to fail search it. The full bench clause is something I would leave off for a more modern card, but feels appropriate here. Same with the coin flip on the second attack, which otherwise is a fairly strong spread for the era. Most good e-Card era decks end up using a lot of different Pokemon, which mitigates it somewhat.

While most e-Card blanks lack a Pokedex entry and stats, the "VS" cards exclusive to Japan do have stats. And as those are all Owner's Pokemon, I elected to include the stats here.

This is a more for-the-fences card than usual, so I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't do too well, but I like Akari and I liked this idea, so I'm going for it.

I hope you enjoy.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Well, my second CaC is in! Or my THIRD CaC, since I participated in the first Flash CaC (in which case my entry's set number is a mislabel. Sorry!)
0.1_-_Omnium_Base_4_1_3.png
Galarian Weezing (Rebel Clash)
Gallade (BreakThrough)
Axew (Plasma Blast)
Red's Challenge (Unbroken Bonds)
Reshiram & Charizard GX (Unbroken Bonds)
Red's Intervention is based off of the backstory of Red's Charmander. Yes, I know Ash is technically a different person, but in essence he is just another incarnation of Red in another of Pokémon's many alternate continuums, and in Pokémon Yellow, the player (Red) is given a Charmander under SIMILAR circumstances to in Pokémon the Series. Sure, the trainer appears to be more conscientious and feels he is unworthy to raise his Charmander, and sure he GIVES you the Charmander instead of abandoning it, but when you consider the similarities, and the number of alternate continuities in the Pokémon universe, its not too far of a stretch. Charmander's attacks are also references to Pokémon the Series. During Ash's battle against Richie during the Indigo League, two things happened that are canonically absurd... first, Ash's Pikachu uses DOUBLE EDGE (yes, that's right, double edge) on Richie's Charmander, Zippo, and second, Zippo uses TACKLE (you heard me right, tackle) on Pikachu, knocking it out in the process. And when Ash's Charmander was battling a wild Primeape and learned the attack Rage, Dexter identified it as Charmander's "signature move" (a word which was thrown around a lot back in that day, when the canonical bounds of the franchise were still fluid and terms referring to real-world animals and countries were common and where baby Pikachu were shamelessly being displayed a mere year before Pichu was revealed). The artwork is from Pokémon the Series, with a few art filters applied in LunaPic. Even the template is a reference to Ash's Charmander, with the template color scheme giving Pokémon-the-Movie-I-Choose-You-ish vibes.
Now, you may ask, since basically every element of this card references Ash, WHY did I choose Red for this card? Well, for one thing, to give synergy with Red's Challenge. For another thing, I honestly prefer Red to Ash; Red is wiser, more mature, more successful, AND is not cursed with the dubious "blessing" of unending ten-year-oldness which Ho-Oh vested on Ash. He also existed before Ash did. And in Japan, they are both named Satoshi, reinforcing my claim that Ash is just another version of Red. I think Ash's Charmander's backstory is a very thoughtful backstory... I just don't believe that it necessarily has to be restricted to ASH as opposed to his more worthy counterpart Red. As for the other Pokémon the Series references... well, they were fun references, weren't they? They don't necessarily have to be PERFECTLY in theme with the trainer if they are SOMEWHAT in theme, and when they are rather SUBTLE references, do they? Besides, neither Ash nor Red would object to the contrast, because, after all, "its the bond between the Pokémon and Trainer that matters, and for a Trainer to draw the spotlight away from their Pokémon would be a betrayal of that bond." So lets not argue about whether it should be Ash's Charmander or Red's Charmander, but rather celebrate the bond between Charmander and its trainer.
P.S. I used the Mega Evolution logo as a reference to the mark on Red's hat. That's a SECOND reference to Red compared to, well, four or five references to Ash.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I don’t like the concept of “Owner’s Pokemon” as a mechanic, in general. I understand it can be used to limit the power Evolutions to a singular Pokemon line, but that can just be achieved by using different Pokemon altogether. Obviously, when this mechanic was introduced, the game had already run out of new Pokemon, but perhaps the answer was to just wait for the next generations, instead of limiting cross-set evolution lines. Other than that, the mechanic is a “tag” mechanic, allowing random Pokemon to be referenced by various cards, such as the modern “Rapid/Single Strike” - though the implementation of these is much more logical, even if thematically inconsistent.

So yeah, this has generally made me quite disinterested with this CaC, until I came up with a specific Trainer + Pokemon combination. Someone so legendary, and so feared, that their Pokemon - while not a legendary itself - definitely deserves a separate card. We are talking about Joey’s Rattata.
Joey’s Rattata // HP50
Colorless - Basic Pokémon
Spr_4h_019_m.png
Spr_HGSS_Youngster.png

NO. 019 Mouse Pokémon HT: 1’00” WT: 7.7 lbs.

[C] Top Percentage Tackle 10+
If Rattata is your Active Pokémon since the beginning of the game, this attack does 20 more damage.

Living wherever there is food available, it ceaselessly scavenges for edibles the entire day.

weakness: Fighting x2
resistance: none
retreat cost: [C]

Only god knows how many fake "Joey's Rattata" cards are out there on the internet, but it is also the case that all of them suck. When it comes to the card’s design, I did not want to employ Abilities or Attacks with extremely wordy and complicated effects. We are talking about a Rattata - one of the most basic Pokemon, wielded by the first Trainer you fight in Gold and Silver. Making it overly complicated does not really resonate.
So, what are the thematic identifiers? Definitely Joey’s commitment to keeping Rattata as his only Pokemon, also the fact that he’s the first Trainer you fight.

The attack I went for includes most of these themes - of the “starter experience”, of “trusting in your Rattata in spite of everything else”. It does not ask you to forgo everything else in the name of your Rattata - this, while evocative, wouldn’t really be playable (not like Common Basics are meant to be match-winners, but there’s apparently 20 points to get). Having to front your Rattata and keep it there is “just as good” in my opinion - you lose your faith, you lose the bonus damage. 30 damage for a Basic seems to be pretty reasonable.

If we're talking about wording examples, I roughly tried to base the card around HGSS era, but there's only one card that somewhat resembles this wording, and it's Sableye. There's nothing else out there, leaving me somewhat free to invent what I want, but I roughly copied the Sableye's format and applied it to this attack.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlphaLad

Aspiring Trainer
del5xth-18282714-ebc5-4393-b14f-0a638699f6c8.png

For this month's CaC, I chose none other than Cynthia's Garchomp. This card also features my brand new LINK mechanic! The whole point of these cards is to give owners' Pokemon a bit more oomph. Each LINK mon is Basic and restricted to 1 per-deck; however, their most defining feature is the "Link" ability. These effects essentially give buffs to existing supporters, and in Garchomp's case, it's Cynthia UPR. Instead of shuffling your hand into your deck and drawing 6, you'll be drawing 7 with Regal Link. For reference, the wording should be the same as current generation (SwSh).

The art is Garchomp's Pokken render with some slight modifications, while the background is Cynthia's room from the Pokemon Adventures Sinnoh trailer. I wanted to go for a style similar to the SP cards from the DPP era, with some additional influences from Team Plasma cards.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Question asked over on the Faking Community Discord, reposted here out of fairness to everyone:

Q: "Could Pokémon like UPR Garchomp be considered as owner's Pokémon?"

A: Yes. The requirements for the round only state that the card has to be designed around a Pokémon and a Trainer who has owned that Pokémon in some form of official media. Out of a desire not to stifle creativity, we'll allow cards that reference the Trainer without drawing an explicit "Owner's" link, like Garchomp UPR.

DopeyDoodle

Just thinking.
Hello! I would to participate in the text based category, please. Kinda new here but I'll give it a shot.(Well, truth be told I've been lurking around the post for a couple of days now. Hope I can make it in time!)

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
[Stage 1] Honchkrow HP130 [D]
Evolves from Murkrow

NO. 430 Big Boss Pokémon HT: 2'11'' WT: 60.2 lbs.

Ability: Head Honcho
Once during your turn, if this Pokémon is in the Active Spot when you play Boss's Orders, you may Knock Out 1 of your Benched Murkrow. If you do, flip a coin. If heads, your opponent's new Active Pokémon is Knocked Out. If tails, you may Knock Out 1 of your Benched Murkrow and flip again. Pokémon other than this Pokémon cannot attack during the turn you use this Ability.

[D] Heir Apparent 80
If this Pokémon is Knocked Out during your opponent's next turn, you may search your deck for up to 3 in any combination of Murkrow and Honchkrow and put them onto your Bench. Then, shuffle your deck.

Weakness: [F] x2
Resistance: -
Retreat: [C]
Its goons take care of most of the fighting for it. The only time it dirties its own hands is in delivering a final blow to finish off an opponent.
Glimwood Tangle (kind of. I didn't say ignore these results because the whole reason you get to reflip is the tails, so that might cancel out or something)
Nessa
Extend Metagross
For too long, the little guy has been pushed under the rug. Dunked. Outraded. Outgunned. Today, the little guy strikes back! Under the banner of none other than Honchkrow, who likely picked up a thing or two about leading during its time with Cyrus (which, btw, is the whole inspiration behind the card, thanks to my recent ish Platinum playthrough - that you can check out, incidentally).

The Ability is very clearly the driving force behind this card, and what ties it to the theme. I asked, and apparently it's close enough even though there is no Boss's Orders featuring Cyrus yet. Anyways. Just for clarification, you are still very much intended to finish Boss's Orders effect before the Ability KOs, hence the 'new Active' bit. The restrisction at the end is pretty much so it's not splashable in any deck that plays Boss's Orders - which is every deck. Imagine getting a free KO and then switching to Eternatus and doing 270 on top, yikes. But it was also a way to allow you some wiggle room and be able to play things like Crobat because the alternative was no Pokémon Vs in play.

This rigs your Boss's Orders to pretty much Knock Out any of your opponent's Pokémon at the cost of (at least) one of your goons. This is very thematically accurate but also not as busted as you'd immediately think since even if you flip heads on that first KO you are essentially giving up 2 Prizes, so it's only favourable vs very big decks. Which, surprise surprise, is pretty much the meta right now. That and you have to chain them without using your Supporter for the turn because you still need to actually play the card.

You can greed and Knock Out more than 1 crow to secure the KO, but it's up to you to make the decision if it's worth giving up the extra Prize or to cut your losses. I originally put in something like 'you cannot reflip in any other ways' but honestly you already gave up the Prize before flipping and are probably gonna get KOed next turn so I think it's fine. That was more future proofing anyway since to my knowledge there are no generic refliips for Abilities.

Which brings us to the attack, which really is just there to a) STREAM CROWS, you will be throwing them out the window without even considering your opponent is also trying to get them so you'll need a lot and b) small decks, vs which it's not always best to use the Ability.

The way I see it playing out in PTCGO is you get KOed, Honchkrow is put in that diagonal position as the attack triggers, you put them on the Bench and can promote them immediately so you can go again without needing to fish for a switching card on top of everything.

Also as a bonus note, I initially gave it Yveltal stats (L Weakness) but I remembered the change and...sigh. Crobat V stats it is.

Mr. Sableye

Lithovore Extraordinaire
xkr4LCZ.png
HjJ60mk.png

Animated holo version available here
Shoutouts to @dex__rr, the artist I commisisoned for this!
Choosing Sableye might seem weird considering Nanu is mostly associated with Alolan Meowth and Alolan Persian, but I picked this pairing to play into the theme of Sableye being a misunderstood mon. Despite its appearance and its reputation, Sableye is actually not a particular malicious Pokémon. Sableye are often solitary, being rarely seen and spending their time in caves and the only have a reputation of being evil. So I've flipped this perception a bit by making Sableye Nanu's "partner" when it comes to his police duties, using its agility and Prankster-ness to help Nanu track down suspects and aprehend them. This is where its ability, "Confiscation", and non-GX attack, "Quota Hit", come into play.

The inspiration for "Confiscation" is that Sableye's Prankster ability would allow it to easily acquire contraband from a suspect and Nanu is, well, a police officer that would like to be able to easily confiscate things from suspects.

The inspiration for "Quota Hit" is a reference to the quotas that some police officers allegedly have -- the need to arrest, fine, or confiscate a certain amount per month in order to receive a bonus pay and maintain their job. It plays off of a "hitting one's quota" by being an attack that hits using that quota. The item discard synergy from "Confiscation" also helps Sableye hit its quota and deal even more damage. If Sableye and Nanu do their job right... it "pays off" with increased damage.

The inspiration for "Quittin' Time-GX" is more of a reference towards Nanu's "what a drag" personality. Once Nanu's work is done, he just wants to end his day and relax.
Note that this card is intended to be printed during S/M era. In manys ways, it is a counterpart to UNM Mawile-GX.

HP: 160 HP felt appropriate as a slightly less durable version of UNM Mawile-GX.

Confiscation: A nice counterpart to UNM Mawile-GX's "Big Eater-GX" attack and its "Captivating Wink" ability. The effect has been printed before as"Destructive Sound" on FLI Noibat and PLS Exploud. The trade off of not requiring energy to use such an effect and being a 2 prize Pokémon seems to balance itself out nicely.

Quota Hit: A counterpart of UNM Mawile-GX's "Wily Bite" attack. UNM Mawile-GX's "Captivating Wink" improves the damage of "Wily Bite" in the same way that Sableye-GX's "Confiscation" improves the damage of "Quota Hit". The text and damage itself is lifted from GRI Garbodor's "Trashalanche". The increased cost of "Quota Hit" compared to GRI Garbodor's "Trashalanche" is due to Sableye-GX's ability to force items into discard and since it is a basic Pokémon.

Quittin' Time-GX: This is where the comparisons to UNM Mawile-GX end. Instead, I opted to give Sableye-GX a similar effect to two popular GX/V support Pokémon, RCL Eldegoss V and UNB Dedenne-GX. Both of these support Pokémon have the ability to escape from battle: RCL Eldegoss V with its "Float Up" attack and UNB Dedenne-GX with its "Tingly Return-GX". In this case, I decided to improve on the utility by attaching an effect similar to SSH Whimsicott's "Cotton Ride" attack without a coin flip. To balance the lack of flip, I moved it to a 3 cost move so you cannot immediately use "Quittin' Time-GX" after a "Quota Hit" without investing an additional energy attach. I also opted to make the cost [D][D][C] instead of [D][C][C] to make it much costlier for non-Dark decks to take advantage of it.

Weakness/Resistance: Sableye has never had weakness/resistance during and before S/M besides older Sableyes with Colorless resistance and a Sableye with Fighting weakness. I felt no need to change this aspect of Sableye for Sableye-GX. There was consideration of giving it a thematically appropriate Fairy weakness, but there is no instance of a non-Dragon having a Fairy weakness.

Retreat: Sableye-GX already has a tool for escaping the active, so I pushed its retreat to 2, like SSH's Sableye V, instead of 1 accordingly. This also means you'll need to rebuild energy for a "Quota Hit" attack over 2 turns instead of 1.

Overall: This card sits nicely as a powerful support GX that can hold its own, similar to UNM Mawile-GX. It provides a decent amount of disruption and power that could easily slot into a control deck or any Dark deck.

DopeyDoodle

Just thinking.
Oichi’s Wigglytuff [] 140 HP [] (Colorless)

Stage 1 [] Evolves from Oichi’s Jigglypuff

40.png

NO. 040 Balloon Pokémon HT: 3'03 WT: 26.5 lbs.

Ability: Soft Light

You may use this ability only if this Pokémon has at least 3 energy cards attached to it. Heal all damage and special conditions from each of your Pokémon in play. If you do, discard this Pokémon and all cards attached to it.

(C) Mood Maker

Search your deck for up to 3 Basic Energy cards and attach them to your Pokémon in any way you like.

Weakness [] Resistance
(F) x2 [] None

Retreat [] It is very temperamental. Although
(C)(C) [] it profusely dislikes battles, it’ll answer
to its partner will and fight along her
until the end.

I present to you the Ultimate Supporter! Oichi’s Wigglytuff will not only charge up your benched Pokémon but it’ll also heal all of their damage counters (be it Active or not) at the cost of it being discarded for (maybe) later recovery.

At first, I thought of this ability as broken for Expanded formats, however, having into account that Wigglytuff must directly evolve from Oichi’s Jigglypuff and no card else plus having a 3 Energy Card condition to use made me rethink of it as a benched last resort for heated battles. It makes me chuckle, tho to imagine it as a background cheerleader while your Defending mon is at the front of the match.

I just loved the game, gotta admit. It has been years since I last played, but starting this new Faking Hobby has inspired me to base this card on one loving character in the game, Oichi. She is your first ally when you start the game. You could even say she’s the one in charge of the basic tutorial part while you get the hang of it, aside of being an excellent supporter for important battles. That’s where this Card idea came from, basically.

Pok%C3%A9mon.%2B.Nobunaga.no.Yabou.full.1025976.jpg

Artist: Umn1010, from Zerochan.

And finally, you know what? I may even do a whole expansion based on this game!

I hope you enjoyed this little TCG crossover of a spin-off crossover.

Alolan Teddiursa

Aspiring Trainer
dellq8k-67ab1a85-fe80-4a25-a738-4ff91797b3aa.png

This is the first Gym era card that I made. It was always baffling to me that Giovanni had a Kangaskhan in his party but it disappeared later. Did it 'die' like Gary's Raticate? Did it have to do with all the Cubone and Marowak that were killed by the Rockets. Not to mention there are theories about the relationship between the Cubone line and Kanghaskhan. Anyway, hope you guys enjoy!

professsorpoke

NO 3 S's is not a typo
Raihan's Duraludon 180 HP [M]

Ability: Metal Melting
Once during your turn, you may discard a [M] energy from your hand and draw a card.

[M] Construction 60
This Pokemon takes 20 less damage from attacks until the end of your Opponent's next turn for each [M] energy in your discard Pile.

[M] [M] Search your deck for a card and put it into your hand.

[M] [M] [M] Metal Cleave 140+
This attack does 20 More Damage for each [M] energy in your discard Pile.

Weakness: [R]
Resistance: [G]
Retreat: [C] [C] [C]

This Pokemon's skin is made out of a hard metal-like
materiel. It often frightens little Pokemon due to its towering Bulk.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
dellq8k-67ab1a85-fe80-4a25-a738-4ff91797b3aa.png

This is the first Gym era card that I made. It was always baffling to me that Giovanni had a Kangaskhan in his party but it disappeared later. Did it 'die' like Gary's Raticate? Did it have to do with all the Cubone and Marowak that were killed by the Rockets. Not to mention there are theories about the relationship between the Cubone line and Kanghaskhan. Anyway, hope you guys enjoy!
This is a very interesting card, but did you say that you had already made it? You can’t use existing cards for a CaC.

DashKing

Aspiring Trainer
(Balanced for XY-STS)

Mitsuhide’s Articuno-EX
Type: [W] – HP 160
Basic Pokémon (Pokémon-EX)

Ability: Cold Eyes
When you play this Pokémon from your hand onto your Bench, put a Pokémon from your opponent's discard pile onto his or her Bench.

[W][C][C][C] Vengeful Blizzard 70
Put 1 damage counter on each of your opponent's Pokémon for each Pokémon in your discard pile.

Weakness: [M] X 2
Resistance: [F] -20

Retreat: [C][C]

Pokémon-EX Rule: When a Pokémon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

References
HP/Retreat/Name/Weakness:
Team Aqua's Kyogre EX
Articuno ROS

Ability:
Target Whistle Team Flare Gear (“put a Pokémon from your opponent's discard pile onto his or her Bench.”)
Shaymin EX (“When you play this Pokémon from your hand onto your Bench…”)

Attack:
Celebi XY93 (“Put 1 damage counter on each of your opponent's Pokémon”)
Vespiquen AOR (“...for each Pokémon in your discard pile.”)

Notes:
This card is tailor built for the meta of XY-STS (2016 Worlds). For reference, the biggest decks of the era were Night March, Mega Audino, Greninja, other Battle Compressor Decks, Trevenant, and Vileplume Variants. Specifically Mega Audino (which preyed on Shaymin EX), Night March (which used Target Whistle to jump ahead on prizes on Shaymin EX), and Trev (which could stall a Pokémon in the Active and Silent Fear) use the ability well. Additionally, this card acts as a soft counter to Night March with its ability to put Lampent from the Discard onto the Bench, which Night March can’t really recover from. The card also annoys Vileplume/Vespiquen by decreasing its damage output and clogging its bench with liabilities and Pokémon which can’t retreat. Additionally, there is some synergy between the ability bringing up low HP basics (Combee, Joltik, etc.) and KOing them with Vengeful Blizzard. Since there weren’t really any commonly played Scoop-Up Effects other than AZ, there is a low chance of the card being picked up over and over to clog your opponent’s Bench. The [W][C][C][C] cost to ensure that it can’t be powered up by Rainbow DCE in a Vileplume Toolbox deck (like Samuel Hough’s 2016 Worlds list).

The trainer is Mitsuhide, the character in Conquest with a perfect link with Articuno. One of the character’s abilities is “Cold Eyes”, so the ability name reflects that. The Articuno has Blizzard in Conquest (a move that does spread damage) so Vengeful Blizzard builds on that theme.

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
LESSS GOOOOO
Kris's Suicune HP130 [W]
Basic Pokèmon
Owned by Kris

[Ability]Worthy Challenge

If your opponent’s Active Pokémon is a Pokémon V or Pokémon-GX,this Pokémon’s attacks do 30 more damage (before applying Weakness and Resistance),and its attacks cost [C][C] less.

[W][C][C] Cristal Wall 70
You may discard a Stadium card in play.If you do,prevent all damage done to this Pokémon by attacks from your opponent’s Pokémon with a Rule Box(Pokémon V, Pokémon-GX, etc. have Rule Boxes),Rapid Strike and Single Strike Pokèmon.

Weakness:[L]X2
Resistance:None
Retreat Cost:[C][C]
"After years of an eternal sleep,the Legendary Pokèmon Suicune wakes up to find a worthy partner along with its brothers Entei and Raikou to save the Pokèmon who gave them life."

Worthy Challenge:
Boltund Sword and Shield
Tyrantrum Forbidden Light
Lycanroc Cosmic Eclipse

Crystal Wall:
Zamazenta V Sword and Shield

So I recently finished the Pokèmon manga,and it was awesome!One of the characters I loved were Green ad Kris,because they're so cute(and probably
waifu materials).Chapter 5 was all based around Kris and Suicune,who was searching for a worthy opponent and partner.
At the end of Chapter 6,it allied with Kris to stop the main antagonist,Ice Mask.
Suicune's special ability is to make a crystal wall,that one can break,except the sound of a golden bell.
These were all the inspirations to make my card,that is actually pretty good in my point of view:100 damage for a Water Energy card and
doesn't get damage to tough guys like Urshifu and Eternatus.
I highly recommend to read the first 6 chapters of the manga,if you didn't do that!

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
Here's my entry:

Tate & Liza's Solrock & Lunatone-GX - Psychic - HP 270
Basic - TAG TEAM

Ability: Twin Telepathy
If this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, draw 2 cards instead of 1 at the beginning of your turn.

[P][C] Shining Sun and Sparkling Moon 100
If you have Espeon or Solgaleo in play, your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Burned. If you have Umbreon or Lunala in play, your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Asleep. Either way, for the rest of this game, whenever your opponent flips a coin for a Special Condition between turns, that Special Condition isn't removed even if the result is heads.

[P]+ Solar Eclipse GX
Your opponent's Pokémon in play, in their hand, and in their discard pile have no Abilities and your opponent's Supporter cards, Pokémon Tool cards, and Special Energy have no effect until the end of your opponent's next turn. (This includes cards that come into play on that turn.) If you played Tate & Liza from your hand during this turn, use the effect of that card as the additional effect of this attack. (You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Weakness: [P]x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C]
TAG TEAM rule: When your TAG TEAM is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 3 Prize cards.

Since Tag Teams only exist in Sun & Moon series, I am using wording of that era.
Tate and Liza are Gym Leaders from gen 3 games who engage in a double battle with Solrock and Lunatone. So I thought a Tag Team card would be appropriate for them. As for the card itself…

Not much to say about the Ability lol.

For the first attack, the idea is that Espeon and Solgaleo represent the sun, and the sun is hot enough to cause a burn. Umbreon and Lunala symbolize a moonlit night for sleeping. Either way, your opponent will now be unable to remove any Special Condition by simply flipping coins. If the opponent switches, this effect would carry over to their new Active Pokemon (if it gets affected by a Condition).
For wording on the latter effect, I generalize Wela Volcano Park (Dragon Majesty #63/70) as reference.

Using the GX attack, you can shut down the opponent's Abilities, Supporters, Tools, and Special Energy for one turn. For reference, I use Glaceon GX (Ultra Prism #39/156) and Shiftry (Steam Siege #11/114). During a solar eclipse, people just stop and stare in awe, and everything stops in the darkness. Nothing happens. You can hear Kricketot chirp.
The additional bonus effect is like playing Tate & Liza again - a "twin factor." I wanted this card to make reference to its trainer's card (Celestial Storm #148/168). T & L can also have synergy with the Ability by moving this Pokemon to the Active spot. Although the attack cost has "+" symbol, it doesn't need extra energy, like Reshiram & Zekrom-GX (Cosmic Eclipse #157/236).

I think HP and bottom stats are on par with other Tag Teams. This is my first attempt at creating a Tag Team card, I hope you like it! :D