Jon Stewart Steps Down from "The Daily Show"

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
http://www.aol.com/article/2015/02/10/jon-stewart-stepping-down-as-daily-show-host/21141354/?cps=gravity_3526_-3787706378037620158

The writing was on the wall the moment Stephen Colbert left the "Colbert Report" on Comedy Central last year, political satire won't be the same without him even though Stewart set the standard for it. Now we have The Nightly Show with Larry Willmore and Last Week Tonight with John Oliver to help fill the void that Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert left.

Shining Raikou

Your friendly neighborhood Raikou fan!
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Late night won't be the same. Hopefully Jon isn't fully retiring and he still has other plans, such as film directing or maybe even public service. He's surely been a person who calls BS and fights for truth, and you don't get that often enough these days. I'll give Larry Wilmore & John Oliver a chance. I haven't watched much of their shows yet.

On another note, I'm very curious to see what Colbert's version of "The Late Show" will be like. Letterman's material has grown stale over the years. I wonder if Steven will be funnier or less funny without the political satire. Only time will tell.

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Yeah I heard about this as well. I have not heard what day this will happem though as he has not announced an official date yet but in the coming weeks ahead we should know soon.:)