Discussion Jobs that allow you to play tournaments

Copycat_tcg

Unsuspecting Ditto
Hey all! With tournaments coming back in the near or distant future, I was wondering what jobs people have that allow them to play and travel for tournaments.

Ironically, I'm an LGS employee. While that may sound ideal... it's the worst job a tournament grinder can have. I often find myself with no weekends off and working any event worth playing. I probably sound ungrateful - I realy love my job- but it's starting to interfere with what actually makes me happy: Competing.

So that swings it back around;
What job/jobs do you have while you compete in this lovely game?

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
Not sure what "LGS employee" means, but try getting a different job with more flexible hours.

Or, if you are up for the challenge, become an entrepreneur! Be your own boss and you can control how much money you make and what hours to work! It can be tough but you have to fight for what you believe in! (Not to mention the tax benefits too :D)

Life is too short to live miserably and unhappy.

Copycat_tcg

Unsuspecting Ditto
Not sure what "LGS employee" means, but try getting a different job with more flexible hours.

Or, if you are up for the challenge, become an entrepreneur! Be your own boss and you can control how much money you make and what hours to work! It can be tough but you have to fight for what you believe in! (Not to mention the tax benefits too :D)

Life is too short to live miserably and unhappy.
My bad, I'm a local game store employee-a manager in fact. I sell Pokemon and other card games for a living.

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
I've actually been blessed with a part-time job at a grocery store chain I've had for 17 years that's allowed me to have days off on the weekends as well as on Tuesdays so that I'm able to play my favorite Trading Card Games / Collectible Card Games at the Local Game Stores (LGSs) within my vicinity. At least that's what I used to be able to do before the pandemic hit though I've actually gotten more time to relax as an end result even though it doesn't feel as fulfilling. I've actually been spending less money on my gaming hobby in the happenstance a second outbreak occurs or the economy gets worse so there's that. Luckily my $1,200 Stimulus Check came in the mail and I'm waiting for the right opportunity to deposit and spend it wisely. I just hope to remember to file my taxes next month for my refund.